Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What a Shame, no weapons to fight!!!

Blog Entries

I never played FFIX I just have seen how to play it... and it seemed that it was the same as FF7... easy though!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    I never played FFIX I just have seen how to play it... and it seemed that it was the same as FF7... easy though!
    Kind of but 7 is much, much better!!

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Why do people love VII? IX had better characters, a deeper plot, and a very unique storyline... VII was fighting... ONLY fighting... no real plot only about two of the characters were really explained through the story... "We here at X-Play rate FF VII not a 5, not a 4, not a 3, not a 2, but a 1 out of 5!"

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Quote Originally Posted by NewBlackMage
    Why do people love VII? IX had better characters, a deeper plot, and a very unique storyline... VII was fighting... ONLY fighting... no real plot only about two of the characters were really explained through the story... "We here at X-Play rate FF VII not a 5, not a 4, not a 3, not a 2, but a 1 out of 5!"
    I dont love VII, i actually prefer VI to any other of the series!
    I'm not slagging IX of just would of been better with weapons to fight.

Wink Ozma?

Ozma's easy? Hades is easy? Since when? I was at level 78 when :I defeated Hades. It took me 2 hours to defeat him. I had to use a highly defensive strategy to defeat him. I had Dagger, Eiko, Quina & Zidane. At first I just stole with Zidane; Summoned for Eiko & Dagger; & just attacked with Quina, trying random abilities. (Oddly Quina was the level 78, while everyone else was ~75. She could take turns much faster, even faster than Zidane. Soon Hades wore me down & I had to Cast Curaga with Eiko & Dagger & White Wind with Quina. You better make sure you have all of these abilities or it's pretty much instant game over. I'm not going to tell you how to learn white wind. Sorry 'bout that, it should be on the FFIX portion of the site, under Bonus Strategy, or you could just go to PlayOnline. With Ozma I was Level 90 & bought in my strongest Characters at level 90. They were Steiner, Vivi, Eiko & Zidane & I got wiped out completely in 3 turns... I tried various combinations of abilities & still got nowhere. I just gave up & finished the game. It takes forever to get to level 99. Those little ram type things that give you tons of experience just wiped me out if they were in groups larger than two. One time I got all three & Eiko was the only character alive with about 3hp left. Oh well... I'm usually REALLY good at RPG's. Anyway Ozma & Hades are no easy pickings. But you get some of the best things in the game for defeating them...
    Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Articles

I've never had a problem with Hades, and I've fought him with a party which had an average experience level in the upper 50's. My Level 70's party can take him down in two turns, but it sometimes takes a little while to steal everything, especially the Robe of Lords, if Master Thief isn't equipped.

Ozma, however, is more difficult than any Weapon from any FF game I've ever fought. He only has 55,535 HP, but it's amazing how fast he can wipe out your party. Luck plays a big role, as well as a lot of leveling up. The stat bonuses your characters receive from the higher levels-up aren't significant, but the ability points you gain are essential. You need to have a myriad of status-preventing and Auto-* abilities equipped. Auto-Haste and Auto-Life are especially important. Ozma is proof that HP doesn't dictate difficulty when it comes to boss fights.

I think they're both not really hard. At Level ~60 Shock and Dragon's Crest should do about 9000 damage. Thievery does about 4000 damage. So it didn't take me more than 5-7 turns to beat them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead_Paul
    I think they're both not really hard. At Level ~60 Shock and Dragon's Crest should do about 9000 damage. Thievery does about 4000 damage. So it didn't take me more than 5-7 turns to beat them.
    Dragon's Crest doesn't do dammage depending on level... it does dammage depending on how many Grand Dragons you've killed. So you can do 9999 dammage at level 1!!! I've acyually beaten Ozma with a level 1 party. Ozma is neither easy or hard. Ozma is both. Ozma is extremely random so... one time he/she/it may be a complete pushover while another time he/she/it may be the hardest fight you've ever fought.

Ozma is LOADS easier if you've done the cute animal side quest!!! it brings his attack and magic down!! i didn't do it myself, my brother did...but still!!! i'm almost there with my game!!
    i think that the bosses are good in FFIX. Quale is tough and hades can be hard if your not perpared.
    i think that with a weapon it would bee too much like VII. IX had it's fair share of great bosses, i mean kuja was easy but sooooooooooooooooooooooo kamp!!! amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Dragon's Crest doesn't do dammage depending on level... it does dammage depending on how many Grand Dragons you've killed. So you can do 9999 dammage at level 1!!!
    I didn't know that. But I killed _MANY_ Grand Dragons leveling up.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The book in the Alexandrian library (it's name escapes me right now, it begins with a 'T') was quite a reasonable challenge, which made up for the lack of weapons, in my opinion. Especially with the array of characters you have to use (Amarant, Freya, Vivi and Zidane, I believe).

Edit: Quick search and I found it's called Tantarian.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead_Paul
    I didn't know that. But I killed _MANY_ Grand Dragons leveling up.
    Yeah, me too. I usually gain at least fourty levels just by killing Grand Dragons outside of Gizamaluke's Grotto. It allows Freya a consistent 9,999 damage for only 16 MP. Paired with her relatively high amount of MP, and high defense when equipped with the Grand Armor, she's quite a force. I've always argued that she's just as useful as Steiner.

hey, i kno this isn't ffix, but i was wondering if nemesis is considered a weapon?

oh i don't remember the book in ffix. are there more that u can fight?it sounds like fun

I guess you could consider Nemesis a weapon, since it's known as 'Omega Gold". If it's not an official weapon, it's definitely the offspring of a weapon. Or maybe you could call it the mother of Ultima and Omega Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall101
    No i mean ones like in FF7 like the Ruby & Emerald weapons, plus Hades & Ozma were too easy!
    i see your point and the so called "super bosses" were to easy but they would never put weapons in the game as it was done in FF7 and it would just be copying it. also i dont think there would be any desent way in incorparating the weapons in the FF9 worlds. i also agree with Divinity that this game was not the best and i feel it could have been so much better than it was.
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]