Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makeing gil a beginners guide

Smile Makeing gil a beginners guide

well im at school and so incredably bored i decided id make a guid to help the inexperienced get gil plz note this is not a get quick rich guide it will require some work and patience but what fun would it be if we could get all the gil we want without doing anything now then on with the show and plz feel free to post some ways for begginers to make gill im mostly in the sandorian area so bastok and windrust will miss out on some if you dont contribute

1: alwase have signet cast on you a guard near the gate out of town will cast it the will have RK or diff 2 letters signet lets you get crystals for killing things you sell these at the auction house NOT the npc shops a npc will give you 15gil for a fire crystal while it goes for 150-200 at ah
    you also get conquest points for killing monsters with signet on you you can redeem these points with the the guy who cast signet on you the rank one item royal footmens tunic costs 1000 points but can be sold at ah for about 3k on asura

2: in the beggining sell everything you find at ah

3: starting a craft, these will sap money at first so you should hunt some monsters for the materials you can make a very small profit from smithing a stack of bronze ingots you get around a 1388 gil profit if you buy the crystals on asura

4: fishing, while still technicly a craft this is very different from the others it takes a long time to lv your craft lv in this and rods will break often i suggest getting a taru fishing rod (1k on asura) and a couple stacks of bait (experiment what you get a bite from and where befor you buy stacks in sandoria insect past works well fishing in northsandy and port sandy) and makeing a day out of fishing you equip the rod as a ranged wepon and bait as ammo and type /fish while faceing a pond start in citys so you dont fish up a monster the fishing gear while expensive if your starting out is well worth the money

5:Mineing and logging (note this next section is for sandorians only because i dont know any other spots): grab some hatchets if your strong enof to kill orcs and head to the orc out post (im not even gunna try to spell it its ghelesbob or something) and start tradeing logging points hatchets the harvesting gear realy helps but is very expensive the gloves and boots are only 2k (asura) but the rest is 10k+
    if your around lv 20 (lv 25+ if you dont want aggro) head to yugotto grotto just turn left as you enter the orc outpost and turn left again if you see a large tunnle (ussualy guarded by a orcish grunt or 2) you went the right way in this grotto you can mine with all the harvesting gear but legs i ussualy get about 1 gold ore (10-11k) every stack of picks i use and ussualy a iron ore every time i dont seem to get much darksteel tho another plus if you head down one level you can camp ashmaker goblut a nm that drops hermit wands very often (2k) and sometimes priest robes (not sure but i think around 14k)

6:farming: farming is when you kill alot of a animal and sell its parts in the beggining i suggest farming the weakest thing in each towns starting area and selling the items

7: exploiting the ah: many people are just to lazy to walk to the shop and buy the items so they buy them at the auction house for a inflated price (note all items are not like this most are cheaper at ah then at shop) so you do a little reaserch and find a item where you make a nice margine of profit buying from a shop and selling to ah (dont try crafting materials they sell out pretty much the second the shop opens)

well i cant think of to much else a low lv can do to make money plz add to this topic so bastok and windrust can get money to

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Let's organize it a bit better, okay?

One: Always have Signet casted on you by guards near the edges of town. He will have a name followed by his title; for example, in San d'Oria, their title is RK, or something like that. Obtaining the Signet status will allow you to extract crystals from monsters. Sell these crystals in stacks at the Auction House, but not the regular shops. Regular shops will give you only 15 gil for a Fire Crystal, while you can sell it at the Auction House for much more. In addition to extracting crystals from monsters, you can also get Conquest Points for killing monsters. You can redeem those points with the guards who cast Signet for really nice items that you can sell at the Auction House or keep as equipment.

Two: In the beginning, sell EVERYTHING you find at the Auction House.

Three: Start a craft. This will sap money from you at first, so you should hunt individual ingredients from monsters that you can also get experience points from. You can make a very small profit from smithing a stack of Bronze Ingots. You get around a 1,388 Gil profit, including if you buy the crystals, on the Asura server.

Four: Fishing, while still technically a craft, is very different from the others. It takes a long time to level your craft level on this and your fishing rods will break often. I suggest getting a Taru fishing rod, which goes for about 1,000 Gil on the Asura server, a couple stacks of bait, and making a day out of fishing. Experiment with different bait before you buy stacks. In San d'Oria, insect paste works well. When you go out to fish, remember to equip your fishing rod in the ranged weapon slot, and the bait should be equipped as ammo. Type /fish while facing a body of water and you will begin to fish. Start in cities so you don't fish up a monster. The fishing gear, while expensive if you're starting out, is well worth the money.

Five: Mining and logging: Grab some hatchets or pickaxes if you're strong enough to kill beastmen and head to the beastmen outpost near your country. If you live in Bastok, head to the Palborough Mines. If you live in San d'Oria, head to the Ghelsba Outpost. If you live in Windurst, head to Giddeus. When you arrive, go to a logging point and trade hatchets to it. The harvesting gear will really help, but is very expensive. The gloves and boots are only 2,000 Gil on the Asura server, but the rest is more than 10,000 Gil. Logging points are scattered throughout the dungeons and you might not even find any while you're there, but before you go in deep, make sure you're around level 20 or above level 25, if you don't want aggro. If you're in Ghelsba Outpost, try going to the Yugotto Grotto. Just turn left as you enter the Orcish outpost and turn left again if you see a large tunnel, usually guarded by an Orcish Grunt or two. There are good places to log here and you can camp Ashmaker Goblut, who drops a Hermit's Wand and a Priest's Robe.

Six: Farming! Farming is when you kill a lot of the same monster and sell its drops. In the beginning, I suggest farming the weakest thing in each town's starting area and selling those items.

Seven: Exploiting the Auction House! Many people are just too lazy to walk to the shop and buy the items themselves, so they buy them at the Auction House for an inflated price. Note: All items are not like this. Most items are cheaper at the Auction House than at a shop. Do a little research and fit an item where you make a nice margin of profit buynig from a shop and then selling to the Auction House. Don't try crafting materials, as those sell out from a shop by the time the shop opens.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

A great way to make money is to hold onto those Beastmen's Seals!

If you're choosing between an Earth Crystal and a dinky old Beastman's Seal which no NPC will buy... don't make my mistake (I learned around my late teens to keep them). Keep everyone you get, cast lots on them in parties if they let you. Though they won't make you any instant cash, later on you can use them to trade for certain orbs which let you take part in BCNM (Burning Circle Notorious Monster) battles. These are fights where you and your party of 3-6 (depending on level and area) fight 10-12 NMs for awesome drops.

I wouldn't recommend BCNM20 or 30, if you can, take BCNM40's. You can get Phalanx (170,000 gil on Ragnarok), Erase (300,000 gil on Ragnarok), Utsusemi: Ni (180,000 gil on Ragnarok) and dozens of other lesser items from these battles.

And don't forget to save up those crystals and sell them ins tacks (12 of them).

I did stupid mistakes when starting and now have all of the basics down.

And the best way for making gil is fishing for me. Once you get a maot carp its around 400 gil alone. Think about what a stack would be like. I have about 3 of them right now in the AH. ><
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gods, I'm kicking myself in the balls for dropping Beastmen's Seals back when I was a <20 whm with no subjob ><

ok, guys, maybe u can help me, im a lvl 15 almost 16 whm, i do have about 13 beasty seals. i dont have a trade as i just been lvling and selling old gear to buy new, with a little help from friends.. Now. im payin for it, i have no gil... i need new gear, and ill be lvl 18 with a sub ina few days, so i need gil badly. Whats that about that seals? i didnt understand what u ment, and fishing... hey, 400 for 1 fish, sounds good to me, ill get myself a rod huh!

can anyone give me some tips/help/advise anything
    keep it simple, dont get to technical lol, im dumb.

u was saying about getting a robe that sells for alot of gil from the guy that gives u signet? well how do i do that?

Help! eak! lol

In Jeuno theres an NPC named Shami that will take stacks of Seals in 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60. If you trade them that you can get an orb, and you can then in turn, trade it to the Burning Circles in Pal Mines, Giddeus, or Ghelsba. Then you fight a boss (BCNM) for randomized loot that can total over 400K. However if you trade 20 seals, its lvl 20 capped for that fight, if its 30 seals, the lvl 30 cap. The more seals the higher the lvl cap is. Recommended to bring only trusted friends in your LS and specific jobs(like BCNM 40 NEEDS a BRD) so you dont fail or/and get ripped off.

And i believe that you trade Conquest Points is what they are talking about.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

***************UPDATE (if any one even cares)***************

Im adding up dates every once in a while these will be more specific then the begginers guid these will be quests and such

ONE: garrison and eco warrior) these are for 18+ and more often then not some one dies these both need 3 full partys eco can only be done once and give you a dragon chron page (500-999 exp) and 5k no mater what where as garrison can be done as much as you want but it requiers red cryptext which can be found on third tier orcs (sergants and the like) you will get a small amount of money at the end (highest i got was 1111) but there are any where from 3-7 item drops mannequin feet and legs, garrison gear,and dragon pages since there are 3 partys and only a few items odds are you wont get a item but if you do the items range from 15k-80k in price almost every one does eco on sunday and its hard to start a garrison i wont speak of eco since its a very common quest and everyguid lists it garrison you need 3 full partys and a red cryptext (this is for west rony btw) and trade the cryptext to the guard at west rony out post everyone will get a lv cap of 20 and you will then have to fight 4 waves of orcs getting harder each time have 2 ppl be kiters and have them trade off kiteing between rounds (kiteing is when the will get the monster to aggro them then run all around west ronfaur till the party kills all the orcs and heals then bring it back they kill it the next round starts)
    back srry it took me so long
    the orcs you face will be third tier orcs fighters,serjants,andcurse makers there will also be orcish cassure or something they arnt to bad but fight them in a group on the final round a orcish fighterchief will spawn he is EVIL he has the potential to wipe out all the particians and half the party on his own he has a 2 hour it is hundred fists everyone whos seen a mnk in action will immediatly see the threat so every one should team up and go for him first or you could goad him into useing his 2 hour then kite him the kiter will die unless the pally uses 2 hour and even then he will probably die but its one life instead of 10

TWO:Drain scroll: this is the best quest if you are low lv and rank 2 you can turn 1k into 30+k easy (if your planing on being a blm or drk you may wanna consider not selling this but if you need the money you can alwase buy it later) you need to be able to enter chatue de orguil in north sandy either rank 2 if your sandorian or rank 3 if not you also need fairly high fame when the bard at the tavern says "your deeds have earnd the kingdom much honer" I did the bat wing quest like 50 times along with most quest i can do =) then you need some beast mens blood you can buy from ah for around 1k or go out and kill leeches but if anyones accedently hit a leech in valkurm they wont be choosing this method now talk to one of the guards in chatue dungon it starts with a N if you have enof fame (not rank fame) he will tell you he needs some beast mens blood give him 1 vial and he will give you a drain scroll theses sell for quite a bit on any server

well thats all for now odds are no more updates till after xmas HAPPY CRISMAHANAKWANZIKA PPL
    Last edited by Lich3636; 12-21-2004 at 03:34 PM.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bison

u was saying about getting a robe that sells for alot of gil from the guy that gives u signet? well how do i do that?
    I'm going from memory, here, but I think that refers to the Royal Squire's Tunic, which you purchase with Conquest Points. Again, this is from foggy memory, but it's the Rank 2 item that you can only buy if you're San d'Orian and San d'Oria is #1 in the Conquest Ranking.

Last time I blew CP on it, it sold for 6k. I think the price has dropped somewhat since then. Most CP items are worth 2-3k each at Rank 2. Naturally enough, Rank 3+ items are worth more, and the most valuable are the ones that are only available when your nation is #1 in the Conquest Ranking.

Personally, I'd rather farm Fire Crystals with a low-level job in Ghelsba and save my CP for Warp scrolls.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Or the Sandy Tunic, which is lvl 10 or 15, They sell between 7-10K at AH on Titan and you get them uber cheap --> Conquest Points xD But I'm keeping all mu CPs for a Rank 10 Aketon That's why I leveled blm lol.. no more warp scrolls for ME!

When you're high enough levels, Clusters are a good way to make easy cash. They sell fast and they 1-2K, sometimes 5K. That's how I'm making my cash right now :/
    Too big.

Default Lich

Lich you really need to learn how to spell , but I did understand the mostpart, I started 2 weeks ago and I am a Whm20/Blm8 or Blml8/Whm4....however you wan't to look at it. well keep up the good advise

You all know there's different prices on different servers, right?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

While there might be different prices on different servers MOST items somehow generally fall into the same niche. Iron ores usually 500gil and Apple Pies 2.8K and etc...theres very few items that are different, at least the rarer ones. Most commonly used items are in a close range.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

A good way to make some spare gil is to make mules in san d'oria or bastok to get fame for warp/drain scrolls and sell them on the AH. Warp requires less fame and is easier.
    Another way:
    Grow dark/light ores and sell them in jeuno
    - Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience

hmmm not shure if this is a good way to make money or not but i got all mine by fighting toad stools in the caves at ghelsba outpost you get dark crystals and sleep shrooms from them wich both can range from selling at auction house for about 1.9k to 3k a stack in unicorn at least