Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What eyes on Final Fantasy mean to you

Default What eyes on Final Fantasy mean to you

I've been coming here off and on for about 5 years now. It's hard to imagine I was 16 when I first came here. Now I'm a legal aged college student. Anyway, I just love the fact that every once in a while I can come back and look over the forums and see the names of people who I used to talk to a couple of years ago. It reminds me of the funny conversations we had in the chat room. I'm glad that Cid could make such a place. It's funny that over time the description of the general discussion area changed from "good conversation with good people" to "good conversation with erm... tolerable people". I'm glad that I stumbled upon this site while looking for help in Final Fantasy VII. I had almost forgot about this site until out of the blue I get a happy birthday e-mail from here on my 21st birthday. It made me feel good. It might have just been an automated e-mail (not really sure if it is or not), but that means a lot. I'm glad that this place is always here if I need help in not only a Final Fantasy game but nearly anything. I'm also curious if and when someone like me who isn't always a regular comes back and posts, does anyone remember them? If not I don't care, I'm glad to sit back in the shadows most of the time.

So what does Eyesonff mean to all of you? How long have you been a member?

All in all I raise my glass (not right now since it's 11 in the morning) to probably the best online community I've ever found.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a great community, whether any of us still play FF or not. I've made a lot of friends here and met so many different, great, and fun people. It does feel kinda like we are all one big online family. And I've been here since...August 03 so..a little more than a year I guess.
    rawr

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I started coming here 3 years ago. It's been off and on since then because of the military (I got swiped away in the big wipe) but I always come back. To me it's a social outlet. A place where I can feel "not-introverted" and talk about stuff noone in real life would care about. I'm fairly sure noone remembers me during my leaves (I had to prove it to get my custom title back) and it makes me sad to know that here soon I'll be gone for a year again and will have to start all over again.

Blog Entries

EoFF means alot to me. It's the best online community in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    I've made a lot of friends here and met so many different, great, and fun people. It does feel kinda like we are all one big online family.
    Yea, same here... it's really a beautifull place...
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    it makes me sad to know that here soon I'll be gone for a year again and will have to start all over again.
    Don't worry. I'll remember you.

I've only been here for a few months but its definately the best forum I've ever been a member of. I've never been a member on a Golden Girls forum though so who knows.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, Xander joined only a month or so before me. I remember thinking you'd been here forever.

Weird. ^_^

Anyways, I really like this place, even though I'm not "close" to anybody. I have the people I talk to on a regular occasion, but I don't think I've formed any super strong best friend bonds. I think I could though, because everybody here is (USUALLY) intelligent, wellspoken, and above all else very approachable and friendly. I've never really been a part of anything else where I feel comfortable talking to people exclusively online, and I do here.

EoFF is neat

Signature by rubah. I think.

I joined in March 2001. Mere days after it moved from an EZBoard. I guess I've been here for what will be 4 years in a few months. Egads...

I've always enjoyed coming here, even though there were long periods where I didn't. Any time I return, I always feel the warmth, happiness, and most importantly, strength of the community. Whether it's in the forums, or in chat, I'm always just happy to be around. I owe a lot to Eyes On FF. So much in fact, I may have to submit my first born to it.
    --It's me!--

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Wow, Xander joined only a month or so before me. I remember thinking you'd been here forever.

Weird. ^_^
    Hehe I still feel like something of a newbie to most of the people that have been here for years. ^_^;;
    rawr

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

this's the only forum I go to. while at times debating has been quite frustrating, to the point of enfuriating, but you get that with people.

I like this place. It's a great place to come and read thoughts, post thoughts, back up my thoughts with philosophy and scientific research which seems to frustrate people which is also funny. ya know. good times.

also a great place to be silly.
    being silly is good. everybody should have a daily silly quota. and if they haven't fulfilled their daily quota of silly, then they would need to do pushups or something. yeah. Hindu pushups. which're harder than divebombers. 20 of them.

Makoto, Honesty.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlayde
    being silly is good. everybody should have a daily silly quota. and if they haven't fulfilled their daily quota of silly, then they would need to do pushups or something. yeah. Hindu pushups. which're harder than divebombers. 20 of them.
    Yes. I agree. Let's make this policy.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I've made some really good friends here. I love it, I feel like part of such a great thing. Sometimes, I'm just here and it hits me, I'm talking to people from all over the world. It's such a great feeling to know that whereever you go, there are people with the same interests.
    I like it lots.

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

I've been here longer than quite a few people. Still kinda feel like a newbie .
    Word/s.

I've been here since last summer. I'm still kinda new. Kinda. Sorta. A little bit.

I've found many friends here. Everyone's pretty cool. I can talk about a lot more things here than in the real world, it seems.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've been following the little bit of sillyness quota for quite a while now.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

I think I;m falling in love with this place. I've met SOOOOOO many people and have a couple friends. *looks to Faris and Sephirothchick and glances to everyone else* Everyone's here cool, some are a bit crazy, psychotic, funny, friendly, everyone's something here and it's a great place to come chat about anything. *hugs EoFF tight* Yay, I love this site! *squeezes*
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*