Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The presents process...

Smile The presents process...

During birthdays, Christmas, or whatever, how do you receive/give presents?

Do you ask for specific things, and then your parents get them? Do you make a list and you get stuff off of that? Do you not care, and gets what you gets? Or do you just get cash?

Personally, I enjoy the element of surprise and the idea that the person who bought it for me put thought and effort into it. Birthdays and Christmas are big events for my family, so everyone does the same thing...they create a "Wish List" and whatever they get, they get.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Not very many people know me well enough to buy me things I would like. Not even my parents I'm happy when people make an effort though. A few friends know me well enough.

Blog Entries

I ALWAYS tell people what to buy me
    ...that way I won't have to exchange the gifts the day after

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

http://www.geocities.com/rawkstars_g...end/gimmie.htm

My stepmom asked for a specific list, so I made one, and now I just update it so she and her mother can use it for every occasion. Its kinda nice.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

For Birthdays, I don't care as long as they can afford it. I don't need people spending a lot on me, but if you give birthday punches, then you have to get me something good...like a card and a stuffed tiger...and not anything CUTE. FOr christmas, my mom asks me for a list, which isn't too long, and I ask for hers.
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't need people spending a lot on me, but if you give birthday punches, then you have to get me something good...like a card and a stuffed tiger...and not anything CUTE.
    Because we all know stuffed tigers aren't cute XD

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wink

I don't care, it's usually all good cos' my friends and bf and people who would give me presents know what kinda stuff I like <3 My parents don't, usually, so they just give me money and I end up buying other people Xmas presents or something with it XD ...The last time they tried to get me a Christmas present was like 2 years ago and it was a big college guidebook. Wtf? I was in 11th grade. Anyway, I'm not that hard to shop for cos' I like soft stuff and shiny stuff and pretty stuff and amusing stuff.... n_n

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i buy people stuff at dollar stores. i don't expect anything better. and i don't ask for specific things. i'm like 'donate to my university fund' and that wouldnt hurt because tuition is going ^.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Because we all know stuffed tigers aren't cute XD
    It's something like that...and because I don't like CUTE things in my room
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love cute things ^^ Once I get a room of my own or just out of the dorms I will decorate my whole room with pretty pink things... bwahaha.

<3 stuffed tigers.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

a few years ago, I bought 2 cds for christmas presents.

my little sister was a huge limp bizkit fan, so I bought a britney spears cd, took the disk outta the case, and put the limp bizkit cd into the britney spears case.

that left me with an empty case and an extra disk. so I put the britney disc into the LB case, and gave that to my best friend. It was extremely funny that christmas day when everybody's opening gifts, and off to one side of the room, you hear this, "WHAT THE !?!?!"

then a few hours later, we hear this whole, "OH WOW!!!" coming from her room. i guess she was going to ritually burn the thing, and was pleasantly surpised.

my best friend's reaction was exactly the same, only reversed. and also just as funny!

as for me, I just like being thought of on the holidays and being around my family. don't need presents. have everything I need already. but it's nice to be thought of over the holidays.

Makoto, Honesty.

I tell my parents exactly what I want and they get it. However, when I don't get my mom something she likes, she complains. When I tell her that she should have told me what she wanted, she said, "I shouldn't have to make a list!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    i buy people stuff at dollar stores. i don't expect anything better. and i don't ask for specific things. i'm like 'donate to my university fund' and that wouldnt hurt because tuition is going ^.
    I buy a lot of stuff at dollar stores too. For my boyfriend I usually get something fairly expensive then a bunch of dollar store crap. I got a saudering iron at the dollar store a couple years ago!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I hate getting presents and I hate choosing presents for other people. I still buy others gifts, but I always ask what they want. Because if I don't, I'd probably get them soap or something stupid like that.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Soap's not such a bad present, really ^^ Though they might think you're trying to insinuate something...

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr