Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ruby weapon, how?

ruby weapon, how?

hey i need some help, i cant beat this guy! the characters i use are level 80! and hes still too hard. any help?
    riphawk[SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkRed] :evilking: :shoot:

LEVEL 99!!! You definately need to get to that. Also, MASTERED MATERIA EVERYTHING. No way you'll be able to defeat Ruby w/out a super powered character, which would be Cloud. Keep him alive and protected and get those OmniShlashes IN! Knights of the Round do help a lot too. Plenty of Elixers/Ethers/Megalixers/ whatever else that would help you. It's a tought battle, just try to max out your best characters and attack like crazy.

no, that's not true. Theres a certain materia combo that you can use. It requires you to beat emerald first though, so go do that first to get the mstered materia set.
    I don't know how to dance.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Hmm... i remembered i beaten both weapons... but i'm not sure in which order :P ... but well... you could use a few smoke bombs to escape, if things get too spicy (you'll then see Mr.Ruby standing up on the quicksand right after that! heeheehee) well... lvl 99 would help.. training at the underwater thing with those Unknown1/2/3s would be good exp.. but its more challenging to fight at lower levels.. well.. keep trying! i vaguely remember something about Ultima, hero's drink, Omnislash, Cid's Highwind and All Creation.. but well.. it might be time i played the game again

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Easiest way: Hades + KotR(or Master Summon) + W-Summon + Mime(optional).

Those four materia make Ruby pathetically easy. If you want more of a challenge, take one or more of those materia away. Makes things more interesting.

Also, instead of Hades you can also use any other item/spell that causes Paralysis.

Hey!! I'm new but i DO know enough about FFVII to answer this question ^_~

Alright, that combo stated above would work really well.... but i'm going to give some instructions in case some ppl dont have master materia or mime and such....

Here we go... =D

Alright... at the beginning of the battle Ruby will whirlpool 2 of your team mates away and you will have to fight him one on one with a random person from your 3 people... BUT, you can get passed this by killing off two of your characters, and leaving one alive...

By doing this, Ruby will stick his tenticles in the ground right away... after he does that you can revive your other two team mates and make the battle much MUCH easier...

Okay... After he puts in his tentacles u can then attack... if you're on a high enough level you dont really need to do much except for Attack, Heal and Revive (if someone dies)... But if you want to speed stuff up, you can Summon Death and parylze him... combo'd quadra magic will work good too, reflect on your characters and quadra on your characters will be REALLY good...

So yeah, if you follow these instuctions and dont get careless Ruby will be a snap... Too easy... =P

Hey guys, you cant forget about the full cure materia, that saved my ass numerous times. Don't forget to cast regen
    Sig removed for being way over the clearly specified 250 pixel maximum height limit.-->

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackRoomKid
    LEVEL 99!!! You definately need to get to that. Also, MASTERED MATERIA EVERYTHING. No way you'll be able to defeat Ruby w/out a super powered character, which would be Cloud. Keep him alive and protected and get those OmniShlashes IN! Knights of the Round do help a lot too. Plenty of Elixers/Ethers/Megalixers/ whatever else that would help you. It's a tought battle, just try to max out your best characters and attack like crazy.
    Don't you know that lies make baby Jesus cry?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    haha nice
    Sig removed for being way over the clearly specified 250 pixel maximum height limit.-->

I beat Ruby in the high 60s, I believe, using some sort of trick. It's been awhile so I don't remember, but I'm quite sure it can be done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMaelstrom
    Hey guys, you cant forget about the full cure materia, that saved my ass numerous times. Don't forget to cast regen
    Use X-potion= save MP and Matria slot.

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Agreed. If you want to spend lots of MP for minimal benefit, try Shield. Or if you don't want that but insist upon filling that Materia slot, use W-Item for X-Potion and Turbo Ether in one turn. Or use an Elixer. I could go on.

OOC:Going back to Shield: it'd actually be a great spell if you could A) cast it on more than one character, B) have it last longer, C) cost less MP, or D) all of the above. Too bad.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I found a Final Attack materia linked to a Revive materia along with an E-skill materia useful. Big Guard was a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    LOL...no, but losing to Ruby Weapon does

That was my strategy, and it worked dam well.

Enter the battle with only Cait Sith alive and in Limit Break. Make sure you have a Final Attack=Phoenix Materia linked to him. Now, use your Reels and do it until you get the attack that kills everything on the screen. It works on Ruby Weapon, the Final Attack=Phoenix will revive your other characters for you. The Desert Harp is yours!
    Sigless