Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the neo-midgar plan?

Default what is the neo-midgar plan?

its been a while since I played 7 all the way through, and so I started a few days ago. when president shinra is talking about starting about the neo midgar plan again, does he mean the search for the promised land?

yes because the reactors at midgar are running low so they
    need a new source of land to get mako energy why not the
    promised land (northen crater)
    life is only a dream but death is entearnel
    and i will rule over you peasents

They wanted to rebuild Midger in the promised land, hence "Neo-midger" Problem was the plan was tripe.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Northern Crater is not the promised land.... O.o They NEVER callerd it that.... they called it Northern Crater.....

Yeah, MCS is right. The Promised Land can only be found by an Ancient. Anyone could walk into the Northern Crater if they felt like it. Northern Crater is where Jenova landed. (SPOILER)It's also where Sephieroth holds the Reunion.

~Jim

I think that the promised land is more like something close to an afterlife, or some sort of state of being/mind. I really dont think its an actual physical place. and I think that at the end of the game, Aeris had made it there.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife
    Northern Crater is not the promised land.... O.o They NEVER callerd it that.... they called it Northern Crater.....
    Rufus called it the Promised Land in the 2nd disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Rufus called it the Promised Land in the 2nd disc.
    When in the 2nd disc? Like, what specific part, if you can remember, cause I'm gonna have to look into that.

I've always thought of the Promised Land to be on another plane of existence. Like, there's no way to get there except by magic. Like you can't fly there, or drive there, or dig there or anything.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rufus calls it the Promised Land the first time you go to the Northern Crater, when Cloud freaks out and gives Sephiroth the Black Materia and the weapons all wake up. He's there with Hojo and Scarlet when he says it, and it's right before Cloud and company arrives.

They belive it is, even sephy, problem was, its not. The real promised land could only be found by an anicent and hence Aeris found it first (as it states in the ending)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight
    They belive it is, even sephy
    Nope. Just Rufus, Scarlet, and the rest of the Shinra goons(excluding Hojo, who doesn't believe in the Promised Land in the first place).

The real promised land could only be found by an anicent and hence Aeris found it first (as it states in the ending)
    It doesn't state anything remotely like that in the ending.

I think that the Neo-Midgar was a bunch of thought up by Squaresoft.
    Now argue with me plz!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Doors, you shoulda been posting a month ago, that way I coulda voted for you for funniest member instead of myself.

I've been of the impression that Square likes to get WAAAAAAAY too conceptual and winds up with a bunch of loosely bound metaphysical nonsense. I'm just waiting for a FF game where a central character learns that not only is he his own father, but he's also the son of god, the destroyer of all worlds, a bio-experiment gone horribly wrong, and the re-incarnation of the angel of life.

Then again, maybe this whole fiasco actually made sense when it wasn't in engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Nope. Just Rufus, Scarlet, and the rest of the Shinra goons(excluding Hojo, who doesn't believe in the Promised Land in the first place).

It doesn't state anything remotely like that in the ending.
    I must be dreaming then when it says We can find here there, in the promised land. I guess I need those pills.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Maybe Cloud spouts off some nonsensical blithering like that. I stopped paying much attention to what Cloud said.

Yes, it does say only a Cetra can find the Promised Land, but it doesn't say that Aeris actually found it. At least, definitively(Cloud doesn't count as definitive for anything).