Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read this.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Read this.

Chances are, if you're a regular poster here at EoFF, you enjoy reading. Well, at least to a certain extent. But, if there's one thing I've noticed about kids these days (goodness, I sound like a pensioner), it's that they don't enjoy reading any more. If you ask someone what their favourite book is, chances are they'll say "Books? Pah! I don't read books!" or something along those lines.

Do you enjoy reading Books, or do you just read magazines, newspapers and threads here at EoFF? Do you read often, or do you read as little as humanly possible?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I used to read books an awful lot at college as opposed to revising. While everyone was smoking or drinking or taking drugs, I was emersed in the wonders of Randland. Yes I am a geek, and damn proud. New Spring's a coming for chrimbo. Looking forward to it.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Heh, I just asked this same question to another member in a PM. They'll think I'm a thief now.

Anyway, a good book is as entertaining as any other medium, and can sometimes be even more involving than a TV show or film, since it has a direct connection with your imagination. The trouble is finding a good book in the first place, since the majority of things I read nowadays are rather disappointing. That's why most of the titles on my bookshelf are worn out through repeated reads. Still, Christmas is normally a good time for new reading material, so there should be a lot to read over the coming weeks.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    Heh, I just asked this same question to another member in a PM. They'll think I'm a thief now.
    What makes you think I didn't steal the idea from your PM?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I'd suspected, but then I reasoned that you aren't a thieving jerk.

Anyway Raine, if you're such a high and mighty intellectual, what are you reading right now?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    Anyway Raine, if you're such a high and mighty intellectual, what are you reading right now?
    Castles of England, Scotland and Wales - Paul Johnson (Weidenfeld Nicolson Illustrated).

On a side-note, I didn't actually say anything about being intellectual, but thanks for the compliment.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    Chances are, if you're a regular poster here at EoFF, you enjoy reading. Well, at least to a certain extent. But, if there's one thing I've noticed about kids these days (goodness, I sound like a pensioner), it's that they don't enjoy reading any more. If you ask someone what their favourite book is, chances are they'll say "Books? Pah! I don't read books!" or something along those lines.

Do you enjoy reading Books, or do you just read magazines, newspapers and threads here at EoFF? Do you read often, or do you read as little as humanly possible?
    i love leading books . i'm currently working on a 450 paged book(in my own spare time), and Yazoo'squeen's oblivion befor death (i think that's what it's called)

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love reading, and have been doing it since I could read. I'd take books over movies or tv anyday.There's something about a really good book that's different than you an excellent movie. It is more involving---they're much logner than movies, so there's more to absorb.

But out of all my friends, only one or two really read. The others just call me lame. BAH!

--Box Box Box Box

Blog Entries

Well... I read pretty much... but only fantasy and science-fiction stuff.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I read lots of books. I think with the whole Harry Potter craze, more kids are reading again, which is a good thing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I love to read all kind of texts. Books, short stories, poems etc etc. All kinds of literature is a good read to me.

It's right, the thing about kids not reading anymore. Time has changed. These days kids and youngsters have found entertainment in Computer Games, Movies and other modern stuff. If kids read today then it's probably only homework, magazines or comic books. It's kinda sad. On the other hand, I really think that Harry Potter has had a big influence on kids reading today. Many children have started reading just because of a magical boy with glasses... That's pretty nice actually o_O

I used to read books a lot. But now my reading materials are down to school, EoFF, the paper, and Sports Illustrated. Well, and my Bible.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Along with the textbooks I have to read for school, I'm always reading something for pleasure. Reading is probably the best thing anyone can do to improve themselves.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to read so much ^^But when I got to college... I'm too lazy to get my arse down to the library and I have no books.

Plus the internet contributes to my lack of reading time... unless it's fanfiction or something.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I read mostly fantasy, but I read Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, Sopie's World (forgot the author), and Otherland by Tad Williams, and I read LOTR and Harry Potter.