Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about Black Belts

I hate Bb's almost as much as I hate elves... Rm's are much better, and can use magic!
    Is anyone else tired of elves being perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn
    Me, I spend countless hours leveling at the end of the game, so I am usually at level 30-something by the end.
    30-something? That's all? I levelled my guys up all within the 80-82 range before I took on Chaos. And it really wasn't hard to do. Although, I'll admit, all the aimless wandering I did at the beginning of the game, trying to find my way around the world and beating the crap out of every monster I found helped. (I never realized I had a map feature. I'd been trying to do it all by memory :rolleyes2 ) Plus I scrounged around all the dungeons for every bit of treasure I hadn't collected. I'm one of those people that likes collecting all the stuff.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

In the original version of FFI, levels only went up to 50. So, 30-something is really high in that context.

I'd think beating the game with a party of four white mages would be a hella lot harder than a party of four black belts, but I never tried either, so that's just a guess.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yes, it is.

Ah yes, the old white mage-challenge. I think I'll try that next...
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    Anyways my points

4 BB = easy but boring
    any 4 same person party = easy but boring
    BB rock
    Bm suck.

Oh yeah and RM rock too.
    try 4 thieves. no class change. Or, you can do class change, just don't use savestates (I doubt you'll be able to get to class change)

------------

I think I'll do a white mage challenge after I'm done with my thief challenge, which will be much harder. Most people think of the thief as so crappy they forget him when they are thinkin gup horrible parties. the WM is pretty easy because of RUSE and INVS.

-------

On DoS, I've noticed that stuff like Cap and gloves lowers EVA and DEF by one (they should raise by one), but Ruby/Silver Armlet raises DEF by a bunch, and lowers EVA by one point. wierd huh?
    <----Old Fogey

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    4 Black Belts isnt hard at all. Yes it is boring but so are all the other 4 character parties. I mean what is the difference between playing 4 BB and 4 Fi? Nothing really. On both parties you basically do one thing, hold the A button.
    Fighters can upgrade to knights, who have l337 h34l!ng $k!llz0rz. 4 Rm party = "hey, I can do ANYthing this turn..... what should I do?" Meaning you can actually plan strategies and stuff instead of just holding down the A button. I mean, in a sense, yes, all you're doing is pressing A repeatedly, but you'd have to say the same thing about every other FF game ever made.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The I hate TH/BB rivalry that has spawned in these forums is hilarious.