Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreams And Aspirations

Default Dreams And Aspirations

What are your dreams and aspirations in life? Are they broad and sweeping, or are they very specific and planned out already?

Take care all.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    What are your dreams and aspirations in life? Are they broad and sweeping, or are they very specific and planned out already?
    Half 'n' half, really.

I someday hope to be married, and I'd like to have children. I'm not quite sure why, so I can only presume it's instinctual. I've thought long and hard about the pros and cons, but I still haven't come to a conclusion on whether or not it's a good idea. Part of me doesn't want to have children, and that's the part of me that went through so many horrible things at school - physical and verbal abuse (bullying, basically). That part of me doesn't want to see my offspring have to go through those things. That part of me also doesn't want to see my child/children suffer any sort of hardship that this world springs upon them. Having said that, the other part of me wants to have children, regardless of what bad might come of it. After all, the happiness, love and friendship shared by a family is worth all the heartache...isn't it?

Those are the only main aspirations I have in my life at the moment. Aside from those, I just want to be a better person. Instead of putting on an act for my friends in order to try to gain acceptance, I want to be myself for a change. I can't see it working, as I don't think I'm a very nice person when it comes to social situations, but I'll try my best and see what happens.

In a nutshell, I want to be a better person. Well, don't we all?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

My dreams eh? I want to love, and I want to become a great writer and a great musician from both an instrumental standpoint and from a compositional standpoint. I want to be happy, and stay happy, and I want to be remembered by many. I also want to win the Nobel Prize for peace, and my stretch goal would be to win more than one Nobel Prize, praticularily for literature, but the other prizes will suffice.

This is one of the few times that I will not say that this "probably won't happen" Yes, the odds are slim for me to do all of this, but nobody has ever accomplished anything through doubt.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to be barefoot and pregnant.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really have any big or important dreams or aspirations. I just want to be happy, successful in what I do. I want to make a relationship last, get married and eventually have a family of my own. And I want to help people and make myself a better person. That's it really.
    rawr

I want to have a wife and kids (preferably two) before I turn 30. I want to have kids young so I don't have a huge generation gap. I also want to visit Ireland. And I hope to one day find a good job which I'm happy doing and gets me lots of the dough ($$$)!

Blog Entries

I don't have any dreams and this is why:

"Nothing comes during a sleep above a dream,
    You better wake up and face reality,
    You never get ahead just laying around in bed,
    What you can see you really can achieve.

Dream means a sleepless fulfillment though I wonder why,
    You wake up out of the darkness and let life begin,
    Oh dream means a sleepless fulfillment oh I wonder when,
    Wake up out of the darkness and let life begin.

Some people are living only on hopes and dreams,
    But you've got to wake up to the plans and scenes,
    The journey of life is only one step ahead,
    But you never get there tossing and turning in bed,
    You're facing the world with no plans for tomorrow,
    And now you're wondering what's waiting around the bend.

Dream means a sleepless fulfillment unless you try,
    Sleepers, they hold on t dreams while the world passes by,
    Dream means a sleepless fulfillment (though) unless you try,
    Sleepers, they hold on to dreams while the world passes
    by"

myself and my friends have decided we are gonna save our money and buy an island by Asia and make it into Spira! Anyone want to join us? Oh yeah and i have to go on some big adventure and meet my true love. but i could do that on the island if i haven't found that person before i get the island. I'm hungary i'm gonna eat a cookie.

broad and sweeping. ^_^

go to college. maybe go to grad school afterwards. get a job, hopefully something to do with computer engineering. get a residence of my own (at first this will probably be an apartment, then I'll move out to the 'burbs). make lotsa money. get married and have a kid at some point. retire. eat pie.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I once dreamed of being a psychologist. I loved studying how people thought and what they did and why they did those things. I heard about how it takes 9+ years of college and a whole mess of tests to be a successful psychologist, but I pushed myself forward. I struggled through high school just to get into a good college to get a good psychological education. I was completely determined to becoming something that I'd enjoy.

All of that, however, changed with my father. "Do you know how long it takes to become a psychologist?" he asked. "I know, father, I know! But I'm ready to take the trials and tribulations!" I replied. "You don't know what you're getting into! You're only 16! You need a job as soon as you graduate from college!" he said. My mother defended me, bless her, but to no avail. And with that conversation, the plummet of my dream of 4 years started. I soon started to think, "What if my father is right? What if I end up not being able to go through all those years of college?" What makes it worse is that this year, I'm taking Human Behaviors 1(Intro to Psych) and I'm loving it. Despite how hard it is, I am filled with glee every time I step foot into that class. Most of the time, I seem to be the only person that's able to stay awake. But alas, I must drop this dream of mine.

Now I'm working towards Computer Programming. I still dream of having a wife,t hough.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

My dream is to get the hell out of America and move to Canada to make it on my own and away from a country that's al about war. Then I'll work, make my own money, and write sci-fi novels. After saving up enough money I'll retire and change my last name.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always told myself all I wanted out of life was happiness, but through the past several months I've realized I'm a very adaptable person. Maybe it's how I grew up or maybe it's something I trained myself to be, but even with being out of school now, taking on part of the strain of my families debt and dealing with the movement of several people out of my life for a considerable time, I'm still very happy and very grateful, most of the time. So I think maybe my biggest aspiration is to give this idea to people, that at their worst, things aren't all that bad. I think what I'd most like to do with my life is inspire hope in people.

Man, I'm all mushy today. xD

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by YunaGirl05
    myself and my friends have decided we are gonna save our money and buy an island by Asia and make it into Spira!
    That's the most sensible idea I've read so far.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    I don't really have any big or important dreams or aspirations. I just want to be happy, successful in what I do. I want to make a relationship last, get married and eventually have a family of my own. And I want to help people and make myself a better person. That's it really.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Y'know what I really want? A Japanese wife. With noodles for eyes.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!