Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yourself now vs. yourself 2 years ago.

Right now I would totally kick my ass 2 years ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Two years agoI wasn't jaded by love, hell, two years ago I would have been around eleven months into my relationship with Stefanie. I've spent about a year of being jaded by past relationships etc. now and have finally moved on for the most part. I'm more stressed than I was then, though.

Otherwise not much has changed. Maybe I'm more blunt.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm two inches taller. I rather than not be two inches shorter.

People don't turn much between ages 13 and 15, at least that's my experience of the period. Sure, my musical tastes have changed, as have the clothes I wear and the food I eat, but I'm essentially the same person I was then. A lot of things in my life have changed, but I don't think I've changed very much with them.

My online personality has certainly changed, though. When I see a post from my newbie days I realise what an inarticulate jerk I was, and how annoying I must have been. It seemed that I was more concerned with appearing 'cool' online, and becoming popular at the message boards I frequented, than I was about actually talking to others. I guess you could say that I act a lot more like my real life self online.

The ironic thing about this thread is that were another to be made in two years time, we'd all be looking back at our former selves with a similar disdain. Personalities do evolve much quicker than we think (which rather negates my opening sentence, to be honest), and it's not uncommon to look back on your past actions with more than a little bit of regret. It would be interesting to see just how a future thread of this sort might turn out, actually. I hope someone starts one in 2006.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

An interesting thing to note is how we tend to look at ourselves as having changed a great deal over x amount of years, when, in actuality, such a change may not have truly come to pass.

Two years ago I did the least bit I had to do for school. Now I do my best.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

2 years ago I was in the depths of depression, friendless, unsociable, and pretty much just all around screwed up. I'm now happy, have friends, socialize, and well, have traded my old screw ups for new quirks.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two years ago I was in highschool, chasing a boy who is now pretty freakin close to me and had very little to worry about. Now, I'm pretty much half of the support of my family, and trying to do school from home. Nothing's easy anymore, I guess.

But I'm still hot.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two years ago, I was 20. Hmmm. What's different from them and now? Well, now I guess I'm more mature. I guess that's where the difference go, I guess. I don't know. ^_^

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Two years ago I was kind of lost, toward the end of the drug use phase of my life, and pretty depressed. Since then, I have fixed a lot of stuff. A lot more needs to be fixed, but I'm a much better person now. Still single though.

2 years ago, I was a childish dweeb, now i'm like Dingo 2 years ago, not for long I hope.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've changed, but who hasn't?

I've learned to be more mellow about things, and that the answer to a lot of life's problems are to take a step back, look at how it fits into the big picture, and realize how unimportant whatever squabbling is to every subsequent event in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Two years ago I think I was more optimistic than I am now. That's about the only difference.
    Same here, It's interesting how much you can change in so little time

- Nem

Master Splinter
    Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly. For when you do, you must strike hard and fade away . . . without a trace.

Master Of The DarkFlame
    "Emotions are but a shadow, Distorting the true meaning of life"

DarkFlame: Welcome To The Revolution

Two years ago I was a dumbass.
    Two years ago I didnt lift weights.
    Two years ago I used to play videogames alot.
    Two years ago I was heavily depressed.
    Two years ago I was a skinny weak .

Two years ago I was a stupid kid who liked to spaz out in shopping malls and act like a jerk to everyone I knew and sometimes people I didn't even know very well. But I was kind of shy, really.

Now I'm more calm and a lot more shy and a lot more smarter. I'm a lot more happier now, too. But, I don't know if I'm not a jerk anymore, I feel like I come off as one to people sometimes.

But, yeah. I think the me right now could beat the crap out of the me two years ago.