Thread: Transfer Window - Who, realistically, should your club sign?

Default Transfer Window - Who, realistically, should your club sign?

For me, and Liverpool, I've got to go with the hype and say Fernando Morientes. Liverpool have a small squad, quality players have been sold and not replaced, and right now we look light in every department.

Fernando says he wants to join but it all depends on how much Real want for him. Another option is Andy Johnson but I would rather Morientes as his calibre at the highest levels is already proven.

Of course if money was no object, we need a full back and a winger. If money was no object Shaun Wright-Phillips would be a cert but unfortunately it is and with that in mind I would like to see a couple of Germans looked at. Schweinsteiger made a good impression on me at Euro 2004, the young German winger, and Hanno Balitsch of Bayer Leverkusen, a promising young right back. You'll see him when Liverpool beat Leverkusen in the champions league.

Anyway, I know there's fans of a few other clubs about. Does your club need to make any signings, if so who?

Well i'm also a Liverpool fan as well, so to get the obvious out of the way first. We need a striker and out of all the names banded about Morientes is the only one worth spending money on. Andy Johnson has done well for Palace but he's not good enough for Liverpool imo. Then there's Anelka. No thanks, not another whiney Frenchman.

We could also do with a centrel defender as Stephane Henchoz will probley leave in January, which will leave us with no real cover other than Zak Whitbread.

And to finish things off we could do with a midfielder. First choice would be Shaun Wright-Philips but he would cost too much. I think Owen Hargreaves would be a good choice as he can play anywhere in midfield and shouldn't cost too much.

Whether or not Arsenal actually need a new goalkeeper is debatable, but we certainly have great need of a new central defender. Having left the purchase of Phillipe Mexes too late, allowing Roma to sneak in and buy him, our best option would appear to be Ledley King. That's right, our best option is to steal another defender from our good friends down at White Hart Lane.

I don't think we particularly need anyone else right now, since we've got decent cover in almost every position. If Wenger insisted on a new 'keeper, Antii Niemi would be a great choice, as would Shay Given. However, perhaps the most exciting prospect that we've been linked with recently is the Brazilian keeper Marcos. Putting him in goal would surely solve some of the problems that our side has been having, and make us genuine title challengers again.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

I'm a Man U fan, I think that they need a new keeper. I know it's unlikely, but Carlo Cudincini could be a good buy for them.

I hate Arsenal, but I think they could do with Ledley King, especially with Ashley Cole is maybe going to Real Madrid.

Pfft. Everyone's maybe going to Real Madrid. The only actually buy in every two-dozen players they're linked with. If Ashley goes I will be very surprised indeed.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by tomamar04
    I'm a Man U fan, I think that they need a new keeper. I know it's unlikely, but Carlo Cudincini could be a good buy for them.
    Until he makes one mistake and Sir Alex drops him like a dead rabbit. How many keepers have Man U had since Peter Schmeichel left?

Culkin, Bosnich, Taibi, van der Gouw, Barthez, Howard and Carroll. I don't think there's any more.

Don't forget Ricardo.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

But the last two have been unfairly treated. Howard was outstanding at first, while carroll has only made ONE mistake. We do not need any new keepers, its Arsenal that need one.

I just think we need more experience in, espically for the Milan matches...but Man U already spent the transfer money on Rooney right? We also need to start looking for a replacement for Keane imo.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

The only player I would trust in Keane position is Lampard. But I don't think Chelsea will sell him somehow.