Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Helsing

Default Van Helsing

I'm getting ready to watch Van Helsing. is it good. or will it be a waist of my time i'm watching it either way let me here your reviews on it

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Its good, and the Hero's name is Gabriel Van Helsing...

thats...cool!!

Well.. its mostly action based (wonders if its your type of movie).. and you best know a few things about vampires, churchs and werewolves before you watch it

Edit: i'll give it 4/5 stars
    Last edited by =Angelus=; 12-18-2004 at 04:20 AM. Reason: forgot rating?

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Lots of people didn't like it. They've been pretty hard on the film criticizing its story and its characters.

I liked it a lot, although that might have been because it had Josie Maran in it. If you don't delve too deep into the meaning of things and just take the film for what it is (a fun two hour ride or however the hell long it is) you'll like it. Make it an objective to turn your brain off while you're watching the movie. I found myself enjoying the film much more when I had my mental power focused elsewhere besides the obvious bloopers (i.e. Josie).

Good Dracula, too. Not as good as Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000, and definitely nowhere near Klaus Kinski or Bela, but he was pretty cool.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I love action movies! And some kind of stuff about vampires and all that one time i was home sick and i woke up and that stuff was on so i watched it anyway. If it has cool action scenes i'll watch it!

Blog Entries

It looks good, I wanna see it.

You know I really liked that movie. I watched it in this theater with some kick-ass sound system, and I seriously think I came out with my hearing half-gone, lol. It was very enjoyable, a little corny at times, but I give it a 8/10! Enjoy!

Proud Fan of Fushigi Yuugi

Blog Entries

Van Helsing was really cool, I remember to go to see that film this summer, it was worth it!

I didn't like it that MUCH..Some bits were kinda crap. But it was okay if you completly DISENGAGE your brain and just let rip. Otherwise, you'll suffer in agony like my Mum who loathed every second of watching it.
    When I saw it, it was blistering loud, which was quite cool. Not as loud as XXX when I saw that (I came out of that deaf- No Joking) but certainly better than Sum of All Fears (What did they say. i can't hear...)
    I'd give it 2.5/ 5

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I remember Van Helsing as a movie filled with great special effects and loads of action. If you're in to the good old monsters like Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the werewolf and so on this movie brings them all together in a very nice way.

The story isn't good, although not bad. Mediocre is a good word. On the other hand the movie has several hot women. Kate Beckinsale is very attractive and it's always good to see a beautiful woman being able to fight. The other sexy ladies are Dracula's servants Especially Josie Maran should be bragging about her looks.

Van Helsing is a very entertaining action movie filled with great effects, hot women, a twist at the ending, and it combines humour and action well just like the Mummy movies (The same man is behind Van Helsing and the Mummy movies...). All in all I can recommend it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I liked how they did Frankenstien in the movie. He was my favorite character. Noone did a better Dracula than Mel Gibson in Dracula: Dead and Loving it. I heart that movie.

great movie but sad ending...good villians, heroes, plot, storyline, would watch a 2nd one but the critics criticize it but who cares about them? gets extra points because Kate Beckinsale and Hugh Jackman are two of my favorite
    *JseanjohnC
    o ?
    s ?
    h ?

ur pollmaster
    $$$FUTURE ACTOR and BUSINESSMAN$$$
    ~~~GO JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS AND NY JETS!
    student at a GATOR highschool. go gardens!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This is a terrible movie with absolutely zero redeeming features. The costumes are ugly, the CG models look as if they've been molded out of plastic, and every single aspect of the plot is disgustingly stupid.

SICCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
    WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I <3 Bou I miss you...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excellent movie. The ending is a change from most, it made me happy. And the costumes are beautiful.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked it.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!