Thread: Garland is weak (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Default Garland is weak (SPOILERS AHEAD)

When I was playing FFIX and I first saw Garland I thought, oh, he is going to be the kick ass end boss. He is the most dangerous enemy of all. Well, when I arrived at the homeplanet of Zidane and I met Garland, my supision was more and more confirmed.....or so I tought. Then suddenly as an suprise you already encouter Garland as a boss at the end of disc 3. Already he explained how Kuja got weaker and that is why Garland sended Zidane to the other planet bla bla bla. But then he seems fairly easy to beat, plus he has some very crappy spells. And Kuja (who he tought was weaker, but ofcourse he wasn't) just can simply kick the "great" Garland of the platform. How the hell could Square make such a mistake? Introducing a evil villian, who supposly should be powerfull, you can very well see that at throne he sits on etc. And then let him be defeated like that simple. I don't mind that he was defeated. But they should have made him not that strong looking. Maybe a Emperor Gesthal effect would have been nicer. You know Gesthal doesn't look that strong so it's just normal that he is defeated by Kefka. But Garland...no, they shouldn't have made him that strong....looking.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

i think that they wanted to show that kuja isn't all that you see. plus by telling kuja that he was weak made him go more insane, it made him want to kill zidane more because he thought that zidane was meant to be better. does that make sence?? i think that it helped kuja go into his trance, because he was so angry. because he was weaker dosn't mean he can't win!

This is one of the reasons I dislike the latest final fantasies. They make all the monsters kick arse looking. Where are the tiny goblins and bees? You can't be strong enough to take on kick arse enemies in the beginning.

Square, please don't make enemies look strong if they aren't

Hey Flachback007....I personally dont think that Garland is what you say "strong-looking"...I mean come on....he's old!! When I first saw him...I think he's just an ordinary old man....nothing more than that....PeAcE...

Young, beautiful, her life confined solely within castle walls and fearing a conspiracy
    within Alexandria, Garnet looks for the perfect opportunity to escape with the thief
    band Tantalus. Questioning the loyalty of her own mother, Queen Brahne, Garnet
    disguises herself as a commoner with Steiner at her side in search for the answers
    that continue to ravage her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet236
    Hey Flachback007....I personally dont think that Garland is what you say "strong-looking"...I mean come on....he's old!! When I first saw him...I think he's just an ordinary old man....nothing more than that....PeAcE...
    i agree garland just looked like a old man that like nothing better than to cheat in battle i found the 4-5 monsters befor him harder ta beat.

SPOILERS!

If you want easy, look at non trance Kuja.Equip Coral Ring and he cant even kill you!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

He was pips,I did think it was gonna be tough.
    Bit annoying as all the battles where one after a nouther.

He reminded me of Darth Vader for some odd reason... just to add

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It didn't make me mad---and it doesn't. I was just surprised. He DOES look strong. Despite being old, he has a certain presence, an aura about him that hints at his strength (which actually wasn't there...) But he didn't look huge to me. He was about 2 and half times the size of Zidane---quite intimidating. But whatever, I guess.

As for me, I'm always scared of the little tiny enemies. They're always the worst.

--Box Box Box Box

Come on man, as a fan of FFI (I'm assuming this by your avatar and sig), you should have known he was going to suck simply due to that fact that his name is Garland.

the name reminds me of strange folk dances....

Trust No one

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How strong can an elderly man be? He probably cannot perform well when peeing.