Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting my driver's liscence..

Default I'm getting my driver's liscence..

First I gotta go through all these tests. My parents says I have to study before I take them. What do you guys think? Are the tests easy or hard? *Maybe it's kinda a stupid question but whatever* :rolleyes2
    I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings..

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Depends on the country, I guess Over here in the UK, I had one multiple choice test, then the practical driving test, and passed them both first time. I think it's changed to two tests before the practical now, I don't know, but I know someone who recently tried the practical and failed for their third time now

Are you in the US? You'll have it easy then, with the lack of roundabouts there, I think you only have something like two in the entire country or something
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Whatever a roundabout is! If your in the US just pretty much concntrate on the road signs and speed limits and DUI/DWI punishments for the test. Theres a few odd questions in it but thats what it's mostly about.

I've recently sent off for my provisional and should be getting a Crash Course for my birthday in january, does anyone know if the driving age limit is being put up in the UK or not?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most of the people I know failed the behind-the-wheel test the first time. I don't see how... I thought it was easy.

I had to study for the written test though. It wasn't terribly hard, but I doubt anyone would pass without reading through the booklet.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The written test is common sense. The behind-the-wheel test is easy, at least in California because they no longer ask you to parallel park.

Blog Entries

In Vermont You take the written test which is 10 T/F questions when you're 15 to get your permit. Then when you turn 16 you take the driving test. I passed both first time. I lov eot drive

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I took mine in Hell. In order to pass here, you're required to take a written test and a behind the wheel test. You're allowed to miss 15 out of 20 on the written test, and unless you kill someone, I don't think it's possible to fail the driving portion...

Yet most people around here still fail it on their first try or 2. O__o
    I like Kung-Fu.

Here in Georgia, I had to take two 20 question tests for my learner's and a driving test for the real deal. The multiple choice tests were harder than the driving test, because you have to get 15 out of 20 on each of the tests, and my first 5 questions dealt with "Operation Click It or Ticket," and other stupid junk like how drinking affects drivers, which is real since I was 15 and you have to be 21 to drink legally.I missed the first five and got the next 35 right. The driving for my real license was easy, but I did have about 50 hours experience behind the wheel, so that helped.

Blog Entries

I had about 3 years of experience behind the wheel. *waited until he was 18 to get his*

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In ohio, we had to get 38/50 on a "written" test (it was on a computer), drive for 50 hours, 10 of which at night, with a guardian, sit through 24 hours of classroom training, 8 hours on the road training, and then take a 2-part road test which includes a manuverability portion, and a street-driving portion.

I passed everything the first time, which is strangely rare.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

arkansas just has a 25 question test. Just have someone drill you on stuff in the book the night before. A lot of it *is* common sense, like what happens when the roads are wet, and when you need to have your lights on, etc, and they seemed to like the distances: 'how far back should you be? how can you tell how fast you're going?'

The guy wouldn't let me go more than 20mph around the block. I think if I would've ran one of the stop signs (he told me as soon as we went past the last one that the next one was coming up) he would've about killed me.

Far from difficult. The hardest part was getting them to tell us when we would be able to do all this crap.

Whatever a roundabout is!
    There used at junctions instead of traffic light's.

It's kinda hard to explain how they work in words, so i'll post a link to a page where someone else tried.

http://www.eastmead.com/driving_uk.htm
    (scroll down to the middle of the page.)

Quote Originally Posted by Farah
    Are you in the US? You'll have it easy then, with the lack of roundabouts there, I think you only have something like two in the entire country or something
    That's not true, I know of two in my city alone. Except we conserve our breath and just call them "circles." There's Bluebonnet circle which connects 6th street, Granbury Road, and University Drive. I don't remember the name of the other one, but it's on the east side. So there.

ANYWAY...yeah, my test was easy. In Texas we have to go to three weeks of driver's education, which is two hours a night. We have to go to 7 driving sessions with an instructor. We only take a written test to get our permit, which is simply as all getout. Just roadsign recognition. The driving test is just residential areas.

Blog Entries

Yeah I know of several roundabouts.1 in a couple towns up from me, and one in the town my college is in.