Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ULTIMA WEAPON

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lgrowse
    how dare you say that! I dont like you
    ps ultima weapon is rubbish!

i thought it was bahumt
    How dare I say... what exactly? Whatever it was... I'm just telling the truth.
    I guess you used Lion Heart to defeat Ultima Weapon... and a few hero-items... :rolleyes2
    Well, Bahamut is a powerless wimp compared to Ultima Weapon... :rolleyes2

no just eden witch did 99,999 damage when squall ia at lv95
    life is only a dream but death is entearnel
    and i will rule over you peasents

Blog Entries

Oh? I'm afraid there's a bug in your game then...
    Either that... or you're playing at PC with some screwed patch or something...
    Because: 1) Eden "CAN'T" do more than 60,000 dammage. 2) Ultima Weapon have more than 99,999 HP.

Lets assume he has the PC version.
    1) Eden "CAN'T" do more than 60,000 dammage.
    Yes.
    2) Ultima Weapon have more than 99,999 HP.
    Depends on the levels of his other characters.
    Overall, he could not have killed him in one hit with Eden, but it could be close if his other party members were low level.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auronhart
    Depends on the levels of his other characters.
    Overall, he could not have killed him in one hit with Eden, but it could be close if his other party members were low level.
    Yea, but...
    And Ultima Weapons level depends on Squalls level. Therefore Ultima Weapons level should have been about level 95-100. And at that level it takes about 150,000-160,000 dammage to defeat Ultima Weapon.
    Also... the fact that he said Eden did 99,999 dammage make me wonder... how much of what he tells is actually true?

At least in the PC version, Ultima's level is the average of your party members levels. (I just checked this)
    the fact that he said Eden did 99,999 dammage make me wonder
    I've never seen a level 100 Eden do more than a little above 60,000.

Blog Entries

At least in the PC version, Ultima's level is the average of your party members levels. (I just checked this)

I've never seen a level 100 Eden do more than a little above 60,000.
    Oh, I see... but Ultima Weapons level should still have been high enough to make his HP reach 100,000+...
    And when I summoned Eden at level 100 with 255mag and full boost on a meltdowned target I still only did 60,000. Not 1 singel dammage more than 60,000...
    Ah, well... whatever...
    Ultima Weapon couldn't have been killed with just 1 Eternal Breath and Eden can't do 99,999 dammage.
    And Ultima Weapon is the most awesome boss in ff... no, GAME history!!!

Edit: I wish I could do a FFVIII remake...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, but my question pertained to Omega, not your precious Ultima Because I don't really have an issue with him (although unlike you, I don't go in for the extreme challenges.) However, I won't make an issue of this, so don't feel pressured to say anything more

Very interesting quote though, makes me feel better about ffxii though (in which there will supposedly be a summon called atma)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Ah, but my question pertained to Omega, not your precious Ultima Because I don't really have an issue with him (although unlike you, I don't go in for the extreme challenges.) However, I won't make an issue of this, so don't feel pressured to say anything more

Very interesting quote though, makes me feel better about ffxii though (in which there will supposedly be a summon called atma)
    Don't worry. I've got some info about Omega Weapon as well. Check this out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Ah..... Omega Weapon... the first extra boss I ever fougth...
    OK... if you haven't beaten the game yet then I recomend that you stop reading rigth now!
    Ready?... ok, here we go...

To start with:
    Omega Weapon is by most people treated as the strongest and hardest boss in FFVIII... well, in my opinion he's not (any more).

About Me and FFVIII: This was my first real RPG... in the begining everything was confusing... it took a long time before I relised how the junction system really worked. However... in the end I loved the game more than anything else. It was my absolute fav game until I played FFVII (but that's another long story). I even loved the Card game from the very begining to the very end. Then suddenly it happend... I got the Ultima Weapon Card... the last boss card... and I thougth that the name was very cool. So I couldn't wait until I should figth this boss and was thinking about him very much. Then I reached Ultimecias Castle...

The Two Weapons:
    ...And I thougth... what? I haven't fougth any Ultima Weapon and still I'm just before the final boss. But I figured out how to figth Omega and when I fougth him, it went like this: I survived lvl5 Death. Squall: summon GF. Rinoa and Zell... um... did something patetic and got slaugthered by Megido Flame. Squall survieved since he was summoning a GF (the GF took the dammage and died). But then Omega used Terra Break and I was completely slaugthered. I was like OMG, WTF this guy is impossible! But I still fougth him again and scaned him. Scan: Name Omega Weapon. Me: OMEGA Weapon is this the guy on the card? No, his name was ULTIMA Weapon. Scan: Stronger than Ultima Weapon..blablablablabla, strongest monster in the world. Me: Ultima Weapon... so there's 2 Weapon guys... But where the*** can I find ULTIMA Weapon!?!?!?!? But then I found out how to get out of the castle, get the Ragnarok and fianlly... reach the Battleship Island. I defeated Bahamut... and went trough the DSRF. It took me about half an hour to go from the visible Save Point to Ultima Weapon... and he wiped me out in 1min. But it was worth it. First Squall: I have a bad feeling about this... then the heart pounds... the music started, as did the battle... and the look of Ultima Weapon was... well, let's just say I have never seen such a cool looking boss anywhere else. But I returned later when my party was stronger... and I defeated him after many tries (with the use of Lion Heart :-[ ). And I returned to the Castle and fougth Omega Weapon... and got killed... many, many times before I finally defeated him (with the use of Lion Heart and 2 hero items :-[ ) Then I played other FFs, got better and more strategic... and then I played trough FFVIII once again... and fougth Omega Weapon... and relised the truth about him...
    (Geez... I don't understand how it could take me so long to relise that :rolleyes2 )

Omega Weapon VS Ultima Weapon:
    ...Omega Weapons attacks isn't random... they are predicable! This is what can make Ultima Weapon more deadly. Now,who is the deadliest of them? Strong and weak: Omega Weapons strong side: Alot more HP than anyone else. Weakness: Attacks are predicable, therefore the player can be much more prepared. Ultima Weapons strong side: Use Ligth Pillar (one of the most powerfull monster attacks in the game) at RANDOM... so you can't be completely prepared. He also randomly use Gravia whitch is also very deadly. Weakness: Not very much HP.
    So basically, the only thing that really make Omega Weapon stronger is that he has much more HP. However... as soon knew Omega Weapon attack order, I could easily defeat him WITHOUT: Lion heart, hero items, Armagedon fist and The End. Ultima Weapon on the other hand... when I fougth him with the same party with the same stats as when I fougth Omega Weapon earlier... I lost... to 3 unpredicable Ligth Pillars and a Gravia-Meteor combo. So really who IS the hardest? If you tell me... then I say Ultima Weapon, not because I love him... but, simply because... in my opinion he is the stronger one. If Omega and Ultima Weapon had the same amount of HP, then Ultima Weapon whould kick Omegas butt to the moon.

About Omega Weapon:
    Attacks and how to avoid them: 1) lvl 5 Death. Either, don't be at a level multiplised by 5, OR junction 100 Deaths to your stat-def.
    2) Meteor. Have high spr (shell halves the dammage).
    3) Megido Flame. This is Omegas mos deadly attack. It does exactly 9998 dammage to the party and neither protect or shell will work. To survive... either Block with a GF or have 9999 HP before the attack (make sure to heal with megaelexir after this attack, but you may wait until Omega Weapon does his next move since it won't hurt you at all if your hp is1).
    4) Gravia. This attack dammage 3/4 of your current HP (this attack can't kill so if HP is 1, this attack will do 0 dammage).
    5) Terra Break. This may be your end. If you'r not prepared that is... but all you need is the ability Defend. If you use Defend when Omega Weapon uses Terra Break... then you will take 0 dammage! So you should get the Defend ability to as many party members as you can.
    6) Ultima. Same as Meteor.
    7) Ligth Pillar. Since this attack does 9999 dammage to one of your party members, no matter what, the one who is hit will die. But worry not, since Omegas Ligth Pillar is predicable, you just need to be prepared to revive the one who dies.
    After all this Omega Weapons attacks will repeat... all but lvl5 death, so you will always be prepared. Oh, and one more thing... He may use a psychical attack at random(wow RANDOM) betweene the other moves, but don't worry, it's a weak attack and it may miss!
    Draw: Flare, Holy, Meteor, and Ultima
    Looks like: A silver coloured demon centaur.
    My personal, special way to figth him with only 2 party members withou spending magic: Have 2 party members junction the Defend, recover and revive abilities. Now FIGTH! after Megido Flame your 2 characters will have 1 HP, now's the time for the LimitBreaks! (Have high Evade so that IF Omega use his normal attack at this time, then it will miss) after Gravia, make sure to Defend. As soon as Terra Break is casted, then use recover to restore HP fro 1 to full, after the Ligth Pillar, use Revive. Then Keep going this way until you beat him!

Side Info:
    How to get the Defend ability: The GF Brothers have it and they are found in the tomb of the unknown king. You can also get it by refining 100 of some kind of item that some kind of monster drop. But I don't remember whitch monster or item... however . (special thanx to Aeris2001x2 for telling me the GF the Brothers location since I never got them myself before he told me about them... long ago...)
    How to get 100 Death spells: Draw from Tonberries and/or Toramas.
    How many FFs do Omega Weapon exist in: FFV, (known as just Omega, Omega Weapon) FFVIII, FFX and FFX2 (patetic enemy in this one).
    Q:Who looks cooler, Omega Weapon or Ultima Weapon? A:ULTIMA WEAPON OFCOURSE!!!!!
    Ways I have Beaten Omega Weapon:1) Solo Squall, no Lion Heart or hero items.
    2) With a blindfold! (no Lionheart, the end, hero items or armagedon fists.) I didn't see anything trough the whole battle! I only heard the sound effects and tried to imagine the situation, and it worked!
    Now I'm a FF Boss Master and Beat every Super Boss in Every FF without cheap methods. I NEVER USE THE END, HERO ITEMS, ARMAGEDON FIST, NEVER LEARN INVINCIBLE MOON AND NEVER BUY LION HEART!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *completely insane laugh*

That's all... have a nice day!

Ultima Weapon! There's nothing like it, Although i hate light pillars, it's one of the two words in the terms of FF world that actually have me running scared

i have the europian version of the game on ps1
    life is only a dream but death is entearnel
    and i will rule over you peasents

Omega (Weapon) "the heartless" (FFV) rules!

Ultima Weapon couldn't have been killed with just 1 Eternal Breath
    In the general case this is wrong. In the PC version (probably in the PS version too) his life can be just under 60,000 with low level characters. (I have the PC strategy guide, so I don't know what the PS one says about his HP at level 8-9)
    Eden can't do 99,999 dammage.
    Correct.
    Ok, people, listen, don't argue with Ultima Shadow because no matter hat you say, you are still wrong, and he is right. Argument settled.
    Hey, he is still human and therefore prone to mistakes...or is he?

did 60,000. Not 1 singel dammage more than 60,000...
    Hmm, you are probably right about this, I thought I got a little bit above 60,000, but I guess it was a little bit below 60,000. I don't think magic has any effect on GF power though. (if it does, it is incredibly small)
    Last edited by Auronhart; 12-23-2004 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday
    Ok, people, listen, don't argue with Ultima Shadow because no matter hat you say, you are still wrong, and he is right. Argument settled.

Besides, in my opinion, they were both pretty weak, even at level 100.
    True, true Doomy. And yes... they ARE both WAY too weak.
    In the general case this is wrong. In the PC version (probably in the PS version too) his life can be just under 60,000 with low level characters. (I have the PC strategy guide, so I don't know what the PS one says about his HP at level 8-9)
    Yea... BUT if you're going to level Eden to 100... then you need to level your characters as well... therefore Ultima Weapons level can't be level 8-9 if you have Eden at level 100... as long as you don't play the PS version and ONLY level with some character that's not Squall...
    Ok, then it's possible, I guess, but only in the PS... since the partys average level will go far beyond 8-9 if 1 of them is level 100.
    Hey, he is still human and therefore prone to mistakes...or is he?
    No, I'm not.
    Hmm, you are probably right about this, I thought I got a little bit above 60,000, but I guess it was a little bit below 60,000. I don't think magic has any effect on GF power though. (if it does, it is incredibly small)
    Yea, 60,000 seem to be the "limmit". Oh, and I'm not sure about that either actually... I just get the impresion that GFs SHOULD depend a bit on the mag stats since they are magical. But... whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCalibur
    Ultima Weapon! There's nothing like it, Although i hate light pillars, it's one of the two words in the terms of FF world that actually have me running scared

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Omega weapon was stronger as one of his attacks did 9998 t all characters and plus its hard to get all your commands unlocked in the castle and by the time you reach omega you may have used all them phoenix downs heroes and potions so your at a disadvantage ultima only does 9999 to one character and has auto haste equipped so it has the same speed as omega at default plus omega had stronger attacks ultima just had basic attack light pillar and gravija. so technically Omega owns it ultima looked better i defeated ultima in my 2nd attempt as i forgot to draw eden from him