Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ULTIMA WEAPON

Default ULTIMA WEAPON

ultima weapon was a pushover i kiled him with one attack witch was eden i was told he was the 2nd hardest boss of the game even with lvs of 90+
    life is only a dream but death is entearnel
    and i will rule over you peasents

How can you attack it with eden if you draw Eden from Ultima? :\

Maybie he used a trainer.

You can draw Eden from Tiamat.
    But I'm not sure if it is possible as long as Ultima Weapon is still there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lgrowse
    ultima weapon was a pushover i kiled him with one attack witch was eden i was told he was the 2nd hardest boss of the game even with lvs of 90+
    1) As long as you play the game normaly... Ultima Weapon is THE HARDEST boss in the game when fought at high levels!
    2) Ultima Weapon is much harder when you fight him at higher levels (level 90-100).
    3) Ultima Weapon kicks ass!
    4) Ultima Weapon can't be killed with just 1 of Edens eternal breath as long as he's not at level 1 and you use Eden at level 100 and have 255mag with the character that summons Eden. And I guess that's just about impossible!
    5) Ultima Weapon is great!!!
    6) Ultima Weapon is used in your avatar!
    7) Ultima Weapon nuff said.

Still... yea, he's too easy. He should have 15,000,000 HP and be immune to The End.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was under the impression that Omega was much much harder.

(I only ever tried to fight him once, and I chickened out and used a game save I had beaten it with, and a hundred invincibility items. even without having to heal much it took a lot longer than ultima did. I had to fight ultima three times (at level 100:P) because I kept forgetting to draw eden, and it just wasn't very hard)

It'd be sort of weird to go all the way to Tiamat, draw Eden, run all the way out of the dungeon, and find the deep sea research level to just use her on ultima. . . might as well do it on disk three when you should:P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I was under the impression that Omega was much much harder.
    For those who knows nothing about Omega, yes. But Omega is nothing but a wimp... as long as you don't fight him in a no junktioning challange. Omega Weapon is so easy that I can beat him blindfolded (without Armagedon fist, hero/cheat-items or Lion Heart). If you know how to fight Omega Weapon you'll be able to take him down like a bite bug.

Ultima Weapon is considered weaker ONLY because of his low HP and that he have no attacks like "Megido Flame" or Terra Break". As for all the other stats... Ultima has higher than Omega and 2 and a half time as high speed as Omega.

I can wipe them both out with ease and I don't even need a good party or any hero/cheat-items, Lion Heart or Armagedon fist. The thing is... with a pretty average party at level 100... I would say that Ultima is WAY harder. Since Omega is a wimp. The only thing that really makes Omega all that powerfull is his extremely high HP. Nothing else... really. So it will just be a longer (but easier) battle.

ps: DON'T use Lionheart when fighting Ultima Weapon! It ruins all the fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Laguna...
    Holy Wars?

There is no challenge in that...

fight Omega & Ultima without Holy Wars or Hero... is much interesting..

By the wAY, DONīT get the lionhert before fighting Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 12-21-2004 at 11:28 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh great master, enlighten me then.

Detail it out, because I like details

*attempts to get a reply off before Ultima Shadow*
    Omega has a given order of his attacks with possibly some normal attacks in between.
    1. Level 5 Death
    2. Meteor
    3. Medigo Flame (9998 damage to all)
    4. Gravija (damages your characters to 1/4 hp)
    5. Terra Break.
    6. Ultima
    7. Light pillar (9999 damage to one character)
    8. Repeat 2-8

There are 4 ways survive terra break.
    1. Use holy wars/hero's or invincible moon (cheating except in a no junction game)
    2. Block with GFs
    3. Use the ability Defend
    4. Cast protect on every member and if your stats (I think only HP is relevant, but I'm not sure) are good enough, you will survive.
    (note: you can kill Omega before he casts terra break)
    I'm pretty sure Ultima Shadow uses Defend to survive. By the way, Ultima Shadow, doing Omega weapon without Lionheart/armaggedon fist still can be done with him only getting a few turns as you forgot to add no Angel Wing. Ultima Shadow and I are attempting the no junction Omega challenge, which is exceedingly hard, but still possible. (believe it or not)
    Last edited by Auronhart; 12-22-2004 at 04:05 AM.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auronhart
    I'm pretty sure Ultima Shadow uses Defend to survive. By the way, Ultima Shadow, doing Omega weapon without Lionheart/armaggedon fist still can be done with him only getting a few turns as you forgot to add no Angel Wing. Ultima Shadow and I are attempting the no junction Omega challenge, which is exceedingly hard, but still possible. (believe it or not)
    Yea, I prefere Defend. It's the most effective way in my opinion. And hero/cheat-items are to cheap for my taste.
    Yea, I know. And I guess it's possible to finish him off with Irvines Fast Ammo before Terra Break as well. But when I played blindfolded I used Squall (punishment-gunblade), Quistis and Irvine (WITHOUT Fast ammo and 255str). The solo was played with Squall.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Oh great master, enlighten me then.

Detail it out, because I like details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    7) Ultima Weapon nuff said.
    But since I guess none's going to bother checking out that link... I'll just quote myself. Ok, here we go:
    Note: This text includes just about ALL possible info about Ultima Weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Ultima Weapon!

To start with:
    Omega Weapon is by most people treated as the strongest and hardest boss in FFVIII... well, in my opinion he's not (any more). Ultima Weapon is actually stronger.

About Me and Ultima Weapon: Final Fantasy VIII was my first true RPG... in the begining everything was confusing... it took a long time before I relised how the junction system really worked. However... in the end I loved the game more than anything else. It was my absolute fav game until I played FFVII (but that's another long story). I even loved the Card game from the very begining to the very end. Then suddenly it happend... I got the Ultima Weapon Card... the last card in the boss card list... and I thougth that the name was very cool. So I couldn't wait until I should figth this boss and was thinking about him very much. Then I reached Ultimecias Castle...
    And I thougth... WTF? I haven't fougth any Ultima Weapon and still I'm just before the final boss. But I figured out how to figth Omega and when I fougth him, it went like this: I survived lvl5 Death (all my characters was at something like level66-68). Squall: summon GF. Rinoa and Zell... um... did something patetic and got slaugthered by Megido Flame. Squall survived since he was summoning a GF (the GF took the dammage and died). But then Omega used Terra Break and I was completely slaugthered. I was like OMG, WTF this guy is impossible! But I still fougth him again and scaned him. Scan: Name Omega Weapon. Me: OMEGA Weapon is this the guy on the card? No, his name was ULTIMA Weapon. Scan: Stronger than Ultima Weapon..blablablablabla, strongest monster in the world. Me: Ultima Weapon... so there's 2 Weapon guys... But where the**** can I find ULTIMA Weapon!?!?!?!? But then I found out how to get out of the castle, get the Ragnarok and fianlly... reach the Battleship Island. I defeated Bahamut... and went trough the DSRF. It took me about half an hour to go from the visible Save Point to Ultima Weapon... and he wiped me out in 1min. But it was worth it! First, Squall went like: I have a bad feeling about this... then the heart pounds... the dramatic music started, as did the battle... and the look of Ultima Weapon was... well, let's just say I have never seen such a cool looking boss anywhere else (not even Omega could compare... and yes, purple is my second fav colour. Black's my fav). But I returned later when my party was a bit stronger... and I defeated him after about 12-15 tries (with the use of Lion Heart ). And I returned to the Castle and fougth Omega Weapon... and got killed... many, many times before I finally defeated him (with the use of Lion Heart and 2 hero items ) Then I played other FFs, got better and more strategic... and then I played trough FFVIII once again... and fougth Omega Weapon... and relised the truth about him...
    (Geez... I don't understand how it could take me so long to relise that )

...Omega Weapons attacks are not random... they are predicable! This is what can make Ultima Weapon more deadly. Now,who is the deadliest of them? Strong and weak: Omega Weapons strong side: Alot more HP than anyone else in the game. Weakness: Attacks are predicable, therefore the player can be much more prepared and know which move Omega is going to use next time. Ultima Weapons strong side: Use Ligth Pillar (one of the most powerfull non-limitbreak attacks in the game) at RANDOM... so you can't be completely prepared. He also randomly use Gravia whitch is also very deadly. AND at level 100 his speed is 2x Omegas and he's the fastest fiend in the game. Weakness: Not very much HP. Uses an elemental attack.
    So basically, the only thing that really make Omega Weapon stronger is that he has much more HP. However... as soon I knew Omega Weapons attack order, I could easily defeat him WITHOUT: Lion heart, hero items, Armagedon fist and The End. Ultima Weapon on the other hand... when I fougth him with the same party with the same stats as when I fougth Omega Weapon earlier... I lost... to 3 unpredicable Ligth Pillars and Gravia followed by Meteor. So really who IS the hardest? If you tell me... then I'll say Ultima Weapon, not because I love him... but, simply because... in my opinion he is the stronger one. If Omega and Ultima Weapon had the same amount of HP, then Ultima Weapon whould kick Omegas butt to the moon.

Now... MOST of thats is just what I posted long ago in another tread about Omega.

THIS part have NOTHING to do with Omega Weapon:

In which FFs do Ultima Weapon appear?

FFVI: Yes... he DO apear in this game but he's called Atma weapon. Now you may think: "WTF? Atma Weapon has NOTHING to do with Ultima Weapon!" WRONG! Time for the Atma>Ultima theory...
    In FFVI there's a creature called Atma Weapon. But his real name is... Ultima Weapon. Why do I (and others) think so?
    Reasons: 1) The name "Ultima Weapon" includes to many letters in FFVI. Therefore it had to be cut to Utma Weapon. Now, atleast 2 things could have happened. Either... they changed Utma Weapon to Atma Weapon because it sounds cooler... or maybe... the calculator replaced the U with an A by acident. 2) There's a sword called Atma Weapon in FFVI... and there's a sword called Ultima Weapon in FFVII, FFVIII(the creature weilds it) and FFIX.(and in japan, Tidus best weapon is also called Ultima Weapon instead of "whatever the name of his best weapon is"). In FFVI a schoolar tell you about the Atma sword. It's a sword created by the weilders spirit (or something like that). Now... did you notice that Ultima Weapon (the sword) changes colour when Clouds hp is low? Because he's close to die and if he dies, his spirit leaves him. This make both Atma and Ultima Weapon get weaker when your HP is low but extremely strong when your HP is high. Ofcourse, after all it's the same sword! 3) The look of Atma Weapon actually reminds a little of the lower part of Ultima Weapons body in FFVIII. 4) You can kill Atma Weapon by taking away its MP and in FFVII Ultima(te) Weapon only have MP based attacks. Which means that if you take away his MP, he's defenseless. 5) If you scan FFX2s Ultima Weapon it says: "Whatever you do... don't call it Atma." Ofcourse not! Because his true name never was Atma. Its true name was Ultima Weapon all the time. They just had to take away 2 letters (L and I) and all that stuff.

Ok, now let us continue with the other FFs...

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon is 1 of the 5 Weapons in FFVII. His look somewhat reminds of a demonic centaur. FFVIIs Ultima(te) Weapon actually have an important place in the story and, while he's not hard to battle... he's very frustrating (those who've beaten him in FFVII should know why). You battle him both in the air and on the ground. While in the air, you can only reach him with long reach attacks and while on the ground he'll use Quake attacks.
    note: In the final battle with him... he's dammaged and will go down pretty fast if you don't use an elexir on him when the battle starts. This will restore him completely and he'll be a bit tougher. But still no big deal...

FFVIII: The coolest look ever. In FFVIII Ultima Weapon have many deadly attacks and is the fastest fiend in the game (when fought on level 80-100). He dwells in the deep sea research facility where you'll face alot of battles where you can't run and this is the only place in the game where you can batlle 2 iron gigants at once! If you don't have the GF Siren... then you'll have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose against Ultima Weapon. He weilds the same sword as Cloud can get in FFVII: the "Ultima Weapon" sword. But it's much bigger! Which ofcourse means that Ultima Weapon have a stronger spirit than Cloud!!!

FFIX: No creature... but the sword is still in the game. But in this game it's a double bladed sword that can inflict sleep on the targets if added effect is equiped. The weapon is extremely powerfull and is by far the most powerfull weapon for Zidane.

FFX: He dwells in the Omega ruins and is guarding the path to Omega Weapon. He's way to easy in this game but atleast he have 1 very powerfull spell (holy) which he use... far to rarely.
    However, you can bribe him instead of beating him. If you do... then he'll leave a great gift.

FFX2: In this game Ultima Weapon is stronger than Omega in just about every way... but they'r both way too easy, weak and patetic in this game. However... Ultima Weapon have some great attacks like Meteor and Mighty Guard G!!! But his lack of HP and stats is a shame. :shame:

The stats from each game:
    FFVI: Atma Weapon:
    HP: 24,000
    MP: 5,000
    Str: 45
    Def: 142
    Mag: 5
    MagDef: 97
    Speed: 67
    Evade:20
    MagEvade: 10
    EXP: no
    Drop Item: no
    Steal Item: no

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon:
    HP 100,000
    MP 400
    EXP 0
    AP 0
    Gil 0
    note: you get EXP, AP and Gil in the final battle with him.
    Drop Item: Ultima Weapon
    Steal Item: Cursed Ring (Steal at Mideel), Circlet (Steal at Fort Condor or Northern Crater), Reflect Ring (Steal at Midgar or Corel)
    (didn't have much info about this one) :shame:

FFVIII: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 51,100 - 160,000 depending on level
    Str: 40 - 254 depending on level
    Vit: 12 - 188 depending on level
    Mag: 8 - 213 depending on level
    Spr: 127 - 160 depending on level
    Spd: 27 - 145 depending on level
    Eva: 0 - 5 depending on level.
    EXP: no
    AP: 100
    Draw: Regen, Dispel, Ultima, Eden
    Drop Card: Eden
    Drop Item: 100 Ultima Stones
    Mug Item: Three Stars

FFX: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 70,000 (Overkill: 13,560)
    MP: 999
    Str: 50
    Def: 60
    Mag: 45
    MagDef: 60
    Spd: 28
    Evade: no
    AP: 40000 (Overkill: 50000)
    Gil: 20000
    Drop Item : Level 3 Key Sphere
    Steal Item: Door to Tomorrow x10 (Door to Tomorrow x20 rare)
    BRIBE: Pendulum x99 (1,400,000 Gil)

FFX2: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 34300 (Oversoul: 67515)
    MP: 9999
    Str: 74 (Oversoul: 84)
    Def: 32 (Oversoul: 82)
    Mag: 53 (Oversoul: 63)
    MagDef: 33 (Oversoul: 83)
    Spd: 112 (Oversoul: 155)
    Evasion: no
    EXP: 3350 (Oversoul: 4230)
    AP: 1 (Oversoul: 2)
    Gil: 3000
    Drop Item: Safety Bit/Rune Bracer (Oversoul: Rune Bracer/Crystal Bangle)
    Steal Item: Supreme Gem

Ultima Weapon challanges (I've done all the following myself):

FFVI: Solo character and without using magic.
    Hardness: Average.

FFVII (In the final battle with him): Solo character, initial equipment and no materia + use an elexir on him when the battle begins.
    Hardness: Pretty Easy.

FFVIII: You have no drawable GFs and card refining is not allowed. You have no junctioning at all... only Abilities like: Item, Magic, GF etc. Your characters only have their first weapons and you battle him at level 100.
    Hardness: Very hard. (and since you won't have Siren you have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose. )

FFX: No.

FFX2 (Oversouled): You are only allowed to use the Black and White mage dress sphere and only the first, useless, Garment Grid. No accesories are allowed. When the battle start, use a stamina tablet on Ultima Weapon and you have to heal him 4 times with X-potions before you attack him.
    Hardness: Hard.

And remember: whenever Ultima Weapon appears in a tournament tread... VOTE HIM!!!
    Because Ultima Weapon is the greatest Boss in game history.
    And just for the sake of it... I'll post this cool link: http://www.googlism.com/what_is/u/ultima_weapon/
    In chase you still don't know what Ultima Weapon "is".
    Note: I've also beaten Ultima Weapon in FFVIII completely without ANY junctioning at all!
    Hardness: Very hard!

i got eden from tiamat in the final castle and used the gates to grt back!

Blog Entries

Ofcourse...
    I always get Eden from Timat and NOT from Ultima Weapon so it's completely possible to attack Ultima Weapon with Eden. Just keep in mind: Ultima Weapon rules!

i hate ultima weapon because it is not very power full!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lgrowse
    i hate ultima weapon because it is not very power full!
    !!! *trows rock at Igrowse*
    Then I guess you hate every singel boss and encounter in the whole game... because there is no "very powerfull" boss/encounter in "THE WHOLE GAME!!!"
    And why do you use Ultima Weapon in your avatar if you hate him?

Ultima Weapon is supreme and the most powerfull boss in the game! But there's alot of overpowered attacks and moves in this game that you can master and if you use those attacks and moves... then every battle in the whole game becames a cakewalk! Now... tell me "HOW" you defeated him...
    It's a pity that some people can't see the true, supreme awesomeness in Ultima Weapon...

how dare you say that! I dont like you
    ps ultima weapon is rubbish!

i thought it was bahumt