Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for other great stories.

Queen Of The Moogles

All you have to do is save Knights Of The Round for Safer, cast it as soon as you can and BOOM he's gone.

Masamune... you are my hero...
    Anyone can rule the world if they give it the ol' college try.

Thanks!

Articles

To be fair, he's right for the most part. Regardless of whether you've taught Cloud Omnislash prior to the Sephiroth battle, you'll have it at your disposal during the final duel. And you can't lose. Even if you choose to defend, Sephiroth will attack and Cloud will perform a simple counter attack as the finishing blow (no Counter materia needed, by the way). In maintaining that fairness, though, it's possible you've experienced a glitch. I've never heard of a glitch like that, but they're all over in FF7, so I wouldn't be that suprised.

Oh yeah, I'd like to point out that the chances of Super Nova causing status effects are slim. Sephy need only rely on Pale Horse for that. Super Nova isn't that big a deal; As stated, it's a gravity attack (it'll never kill you) and you're given more than enough prior warning to ready a Megalixir.

Mercen-X, I'm sorry that you found my post so upsetting. As Sepho has confirmed, however, Omnislash is the only option available for selection. I understand that it's possible that you may have encountered a rare glitch, but please understand that I was merely attempting to clarify the various dynamics of the final duel. You will, I hope, notice that nowhere (neither in the excerpt from my post, nor in the unquoted sections where I addressed other issues concerning the duel) did I call you a liar. I merely pointed out that the sequence was designed so that Omnislash was the only option you could select (other than Defending or Row Changing, which would have led to Sephiroth's attack, of course). In any case, I hope you realize that I was not trying to antagonize you, but rather only attempting to clarify a fact about that particular battle. Seriously, though, it's probably best not to get so upset, even had I used a phrase like "liar." It's really not worth the stress.

It is a hereditary problem that I get upset over things that do not or should not matter. It actually doesn't last very long. I am a very defensive person. It's the nature of my family.
    I do interpret this as you calling me a liar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    Mercen-X, please reconsider your statements in the future, as many impressionable viewers may interpret them as fact.
    Because of the fact that I've only gone to the Final Battle, without Omnislash, that one time, I did honestly think it was fact and it never occurred to me to try again to see if it was just a glitch.
    I will now apologize for overreacting and inform our impressionable readers that I've only had the experience once and it may've been only a glitch that cannot be reproduced.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-01-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    . . . and I never said anything about Cloud losing. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.
    I never attributed that to you. It was simply a clarification on the overall matter of the final duel. The only part I addressed to you was the Omnislash/Meteorain issue. In any case, Cloud's guaranteed victory was brought up only in the first of the two posts.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Maybe you only said it once, but you've got Sepho, your little clone, mimicking your post up there.
    Pardon? You need to chillax a bit. Perhaps take a break and play the games you love so much that they brought you to these boards. It's easy to make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is when you're the one being corrected, but being childish isn't going to leave a better impression. Like I said, it could be a glitch, or you could have honestly remembered it the way you did. It's really not important, and I don't understand why it's so upsetting for you. I read masa's post, and it's a far cry from having a "jumping down your throat" tone to it.

And I don't know him outside the boards (or inside real well, for that matter, though he seems like a good poster). He registered a while after I stopped visiting the game forums for hours on end. It's paranoid of you to think I'm a member of some clique of his that has been called in for back up. Believe it or not, there are a good few fair-minded posters roaming around the forums.

No one worth befriending has read this thread and thought less of you, so I'd just recommend slowing down and thinking about how silly this all is before you give someone a reason to. You seem like an alright guy, and I'd think you're a little bit more mature than your last couple posts would suggest. So let's just call a truce and have some cookies.

Your posts say pretty much the same thing m16's do. That's all I meant. If you feel you need to prove me wrong, you're as paranoid as I am.

Just be glad I don't pester you guys about it outside this thread.
    I don't openly attack anybody either, I just reply and sometimes overreact.

ANYWAY

Are there going to be anymore posters talking about stories?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.