Thread: Tonberry????

Default Tonberry????

Anyone know what that water drop that appears during his summoning is all about? Am I supposed to do something while it's there? Does it mean something? It just kinda seems outa place.

No. That's just a humorous quif added to the summoning animations. It's implying that the monster is getting nervous as to what exactly Tonberry is going to do to it, since it's so slow.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Right - it's a sweatdrop.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you see them a lot in japanese media (anime and the like) it's not as funny for those that aren't familiar with the way that expressions are conveyed in japanese culture, because like you are, they don't get it

I always think of chimaera when I think of summoning tonberry-- I guess it's because tonberry's nonelemental and it's mostly when you're stuck going around on garden in the desert (man that's miserable) before you get the stronger non-elemental gfs.

Ah... Now I get it. Thanks for the info, i've been wondering about him for a while now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Tonberry is a weak GF but good for getting items and money

Default "spioler" tonberry v adel

for gf users tonberry would be good for the fight agianst adel (rinoa attached)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

mna its bluddie hilarious i mean what would you do if you sawe a lizard thing come out of a puddle holding a lantern and a machette? also your a powerfull monster it was coming towards you do you scream and run kill it or try not to laugh in embarressment?

its so funny monster is so embarressed it cant move then DOINK! stab it dissapears and the monster is heavilly wounded not by the attack though but by the embarressment. doink wee im gonna go round yelling it

yeh... "doink" is pretty hilarious...