Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFXI vs. WoW

Note: Just want to know Questions

Okay, Ive been thinking about it and for one thing, since you posted this on a Final Fantasy website there is little chance of these posts not being one sided. Also what I said was kinda wrong. World of Warcraft is a very good game, mostly because the ability's are much deeper than FFXI, and you get a lot more. Another reason I belive WoW outmatches FFXI is because FFXI isn't really that great of a game compaired to the other FF, I'm not saying it's bad at all but there isn't much freedom in it. Where on the other hand WoW has much more customization to you character and more ways to explore each area.
    How are the abilities deeper? Any examples? Abilities come from main and subjobs although many forget there are sub abilties too.

How is it not a great a game compared to other FFs? Why are we even comparing an MMO to an offline game where there needs much less balancing/issues? How is there not enough freedom? Theres walking, Choco(mount), Airship, Teleport, Warping, Outpost Teleport, and other stuff...

Give us examples else its not that much =/

Now FFXI does beat WoW in crafting in my opinion, because it is harder to craft, although making it harder does not always meen it is better so I think crafting is equal mostly. The point was made that the same lvl in craft on FFXI makes better items than the same lvl in WoW but the crafts can go past 100 in WoW (at least I'm pretty sure they can, 300 total I think, but I'm not positive. So don't hold me to it.) So that is why they balance out.
    Making it harder means not everyone can do it. Sooner or later, everyone and their mom can craft if its easy. Then every item besides a select few(even those that are expensive before) will be cheap as dirt and not worth to craft. Also how does higher lvl mean its better? Doesnt the stuff you can make count?

Lvl wise FFXI is, of course, much much much harder to lvl. That alone could make WoW easier in terms of lvling, but that isn't always the main point to a MMORPG, in my opinion, the point is to have all around fun playing it with other people or solo whatever you enjoy. That would make it so FFXI would be worse, because if you like to solo then you pretty much have to wait to 30 to do it (bst/whm or whatever sub you want, you could argue this with rdm or war/whm, but you can't really gain lvls that way and by now most should know that, at least 11-30) where as WoW you can solo well with a lot, if not all of the classes.
    I find partying to be the best and thats what FFXI pushes. When theres no party, the game becomes stale especially for a white mage whose job is to heal and help others in the party. RO is just like that to me. That is of course opinions but you cant really fault FFXI for that because their game engine is designed for parties. Thats just like saying Linege2 is a flawed and weak game because its based on PvP and PKing. Someone might not like it and its not my cup of tea but that engine is far from fault because thats their intention. Now if something was to be unbalanced and wrong about partying/pking/the game engine that strays from the developer's intention too far, then yes probably.

case in point, no partying, destroys the point of the game...because from alot of my friends in the game, they say they dont really want to party unless they have to in WoW and that defeats the point of playing with other people as this is an MMO and we should party more often...

Now for party's, in FFXI, as you all know, 10-75 is all about being in a party for hours at a time, just to hit that next lvl. In WoW it's more about enjoying yourself and having fun doing quests/raids/lvling. You can, of course, enjoy yourself in partys in FFXI (if you couldn't you wouldn't play) but if you are like most of the people you know places like *sigh* Valkurm Dunes is complete and total chaos.
    That doesnt prove anything, lets say WoW forces people to work together and learn mechanics of how to group. Wont there be chaos? It happens and as you move from place to place that changes. How high are you anyway? Alot of people arent idiots...i say you just had too many bad run-ins. I dont see how this part says anything...and you dont even have to lvl at Dunes.

More ways to make your character different from the rest.
    Level up higher...theres lots of variations of armor sets once you pass 30...plus its a PS2 engine...i also think that WoW has different races(more) so maybe you should compare the armor type for that..? >_>

Passed m12 yet for story? it gets better from there. Goals are subjective too...just because to you lvling is over the other goals in the game then well thats you. I know getting AF is a big thing for me so i sometimes lvl for that. I also like to complete missions. I also dont feel PvP should be so central like WoW or LineageII. I like the friend element in FFXI. Also i like exp loss...so you wont do stupid things in parties and get away with it. I mean if a game is party essential and no loss for dying imagine the ruckus one can do.

GMs are more stricked to "cheaters" i.e. gold buyers ext.
    Can i see how?

Does not need to change character (can be good, my opinion bad)
    How is it bad? @_@ I like to maybe try Taru PLD or something like that...thats like serveral chars in one. Just get 5 slots and you get all 5 races.

Instead of sitting 5 hours at a time, you can find friends and party for an hour on certain days of the week =/ You dont have to sit in 5 hours. Also chocobo feeds gil out so theres no inflation...or less anyway.

Sigh* I had to say sumtin on this then i'm done writing lol. There are a lot of higher lvl quest so you do get that feeling, i.e lvl 10 all classes have a quest that gives you there basic standerd ability that makes there class unique. Warlocks huge cool summon for example, or Rouges Duel Weild. There I'm done
    Do you need your guild-mates to be there to help you for a long time? @_@ i like partying about with LS-mates and then fooling around doing Paper.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Two very different MMORPG's, that's it. There's no "this one is so much better because...", seeing as that would be based on your opinion and your playing style.

They are simply just different styled MMORPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Note: Just want to know Questions

How are the abilities deeper? Any examples? Abilities come from main and subjobs although many forget there are sub abilties too.

How is it not a great a game compared to other FFs? Why are we even comparing an MMO to an offline game where there needs much less balancing/issues? How is there not enough freedom? Theres walking, Choco(mount), Airship, Teleport, Warping, Outpost Teleport, and other stuff...

Give us examples else its not that much =/
    FFXI is more based on spells than abilities i.e: War, they have some abilities like provoke Berserk Defender and others but the class it's self does not have enough to be completly based on them. In WoW you get a new ability every other lvl or so. For Freedom WoW lets you go farther in places and different areas, that revolves around the way the game itself is set up, FFXI is area based, meening you can zone and such, while WoW is not. Now that doesn't meen it is more free but it gives you the feeling it is. Also you can get to places you couldn't in FFXI. i.e if WoW system was set up in Bastok you could go in the fountain in the markets, you can also swim in any area with water. (unless you go to far out to sea) Also you are right I shouldn't have said anything about the other FF my bads >.<

Quote Originally Posted by lionex
    Making it harder means not everyone can do it. Sooner or later, everyone and their mom can craft if its easy. Then every item besides a select few(even those that are expensive before) will be cheap as dirt and not worth to craft. Also how does higher lvl mean its better? Doesnt the stuff you can make count?
    By what I said I ment the way it's set up. In WoW you had the same lvl of craft (say lvl 25) as FFXI, FFXI would be able to make better items. The reason I said it was better is that if the crafting lvl ends at 100 with each then FFXI would be able to make better items. But like I said, I think it ends at 300 for WoW so it evens out.

I find partying to be the best and thats what FFXI pushes. When theres no party, the game becomes stale especially for a white mage whose job is to heal and help others in the party. RO is just like that to me. That is of course opinions but you cant really fault FFXI for that because their game engine is designed for parties. Thats just like saying Linege2 is a flawed and weak game because its based on PvP and PKing. Someone might not like it and its not my cup of tea but that engine is far from fault because thats their intention. Now if something was to be unbalanced and wrong about partying/pking/the game engine that strays from the developer's intention too far, then yes probably.

case in point, no partying, destroys the point of the game...because from alot of my friends in the game, they say they dont really want to party unless they have to in WoW and that defeats the point of playing with other people as this is an MMO and we should party more often...
    The point I'm trying to make is that you get the freedom of deciding to party or to solo more in WoW. A Priests job is to heal when in a group but they have a set of spells that makes them able to solo very good as well. Where as a whm cannot solo well.

That doesnt prove anything, lets say WoW forces people to work together and learn mechanics of how to group. Wont there be chaos? It happens and as you move from place to place that changes. How high are you anyway? Alot of people arent idiots...i say you just had too many bad run-ins. I dont see how this part says anything...and you dont even have to lvl at Dunes.
    heh I wrote that wrong....what I ment was that at a higher lvl getting to the next lvl takes forever. In WoW there are more ways around from sitting there and lvling. (i.e includes, resting in an Inn while you are logged out giving you a boost to exp, quests give a lot of exp if you complete them.)

Level up higher...theres lots of variations of armor sets once you pass 30...plus its a PS2 engine...i also think that WoW has different races(more) so maybe you should compare the armor type for that..? >_>
    What does the PS2 have to do with it...? But my point is that there are variations after you lvl up higher(like you said get past 30) at the very begging of the game in WoW and FFXI you make your character, the character desians are much much more limated with FFXI. You are bound to find someone that has your face when you start the game. In WoW you can change your face/hair/skin tone and more. Also the armor is more unique at low lvls then FFXI. (i.e wars will have either scale or brass at 10 or 11 and not much else)

Passed m12 yet for story? it gets better from there. Goals are subjective too...just because to you lvling is over the other goals in the game then well thats you. I know getting AF is a big thing for me so i sometimes lvl for that. I also like to complete missions. I also dont feel PvP should be so central like WoW or LineageII. I like the friend element in FFXI. Also i like exp loss...so you wont do stupid things in parties and get away with it. I mean if a game is party essential and no loss for dying imagine the ruckus one can do.
    I do not think lvling is the most important goal for it, but you have to get to a lvl to start other goals. Getting to m12 takes a while b/c of all the lvling, which is very slow, so getting to the goals that you want usually takes a lot of time lvling. WoW is no exception, but Blizzard makes it easier to lvl, making it easier to get to those goals. And you don't get away with things dieing, you either loose time or durability for items. The party will not keep someone that lets them die, just like anyother MMO

Can i see how?
    i.e if they find out you are buying gil they will delete your account. If you call a GM on FFXI about spam they will usually tell you to put them on your black list, in WoW they will either say somthing to the spamer or look and see if it's a big deal then kick them off their account for a while.

How is it bad? @_@ I like to maybe try Taru PLD or something like that...thats like serveral chars in one. Just get 5 slots and you get all 5 races.
    It is bad because to get those 5 slots it's 4$ more. I like to have variaty but thats my opinion.

Instead of sitting 5 hours at a time, you can find friends and party for an hour on certain days of the week =/ You dont have to sit in 5 hours. Also chocobo feeds gil out so theres no inflation...or less anyway.
    No, you don't have to sit at the pc for 5hours but if you do what you said the lvls go by slow in the real world i.e lvl 10-20 could take about a week or more (depending on the parties) if you only lvl for an hour a day it could take 2,3,4,5....or more weeks depending on the parties again.

Do you need your guild-mates to be there to help you for a long time? @_@ i like partying about with LS-mates and then fooling around doing Paper.
    Yes, if you do a quest that you must head into enemy teritory then you need a group to protect you. (a lot of quests are in enemy areas)
    Last edited by Akebeth; 02-16-2005 at 08:49 PM.
    If everything in the world that is "better" than something else is based on opinion, then there is really no point to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Two very different MMORPG's, that's it. There's no "this one is so much better because...", seeing as that would be based on your opinion and your playing style.

They are simply just different styled MMORPG's.
    Omecle is right, but really everything on the Earth that is better than somthing is based on opinion, so there is really no point to argue about anything....and thats no fun ^.^
    If everything in the world that is "better" than something else is based on opinion, then there is really no point to argue.

I think, I would have to agree with what Akebeth has said. I have played FFXI for around a year and WoW since open beta plus retail, so I'd like to think I know a lot about each. Which brings me to my point: I think you either need to play both for a fair amount of time, and read up a lot about them before making an opinion on which one you think is better.

Lionx, you seem fine with FFXI's system, okay that's cool. But I guess you'd be wrong in saying that FFXI's better than WoW's simply for the fact that you haven't played WoW to level 30+.

In any case, WoW still takes up a bit of time, just not as much as FFXI. It's not exactly 'really' easy to level up either, so I don't know what got you into thinking this,. And crafting isn't exactly a one-day job. I would say FFXI has a lot more options in the battle system, only in terms of working with other characters (i.e. skill chains), where as WoW has more abilities for each class to be able to solo more.

I don't know, I'm not exactly filled with information lately, so I'd really at least read up a lot about WoW before making a judgement on which is the best. Then again maybe reading up on it wouldn't be the same as actually playing it.

They just suit different styles of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    They just suit different styles of playing.
    Yup, just as all games do. You can't really say that somthing is worse than somthing else without having to state you opinion, and setting this post up on a Final Fantasy website just makes it lean more on the side of FFXI. Likewise if this was on a WoW website makes it lean more to WoW. To get all of the goods/bads on both you would need a neutral website. Otherwise this debate gets kinda meeningless, because the opinion of most people here is of FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Akebeth
    Yup, just as all games do. You can't really say that somthing is worse than somthing else without having to state you opinion, and setting this post up on a Final Fantasy website just makes it lean more on the side of FFXI. Likewise if this was on a WoW website makes it lean more to WoW. To get all of the goods/bads on both you would need a neutral website. Otherwise this debate gets kinda meeningless, because the opinion of most people here is of FFXI.
    Yeah, true. Oh well.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

i havnt played WoW but being an avid ff11 player, i will stick true to the game. even though it does get repetitive sometimes, i still love it and especially the fact that you always need to communicate with other ppl to do missions and quest etc it is fun. also you end up knowing quite a lot of people pretty well and even though this may sound corny i guess as your character levels up, so does your relationship with other ppl.

BTW, i heard that some people only signed upf or ff11 because it has great cybersex as the game attracts people with high imagination LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    i havnt played WoW but being an avid ff11 player, i will stick true to the game. even though it does get repetitive sometimes, i still love it and especially the fact that you always need to communicate with other ppl to do missions and quest etc it is fun. also you end up knowing quite a lot of people pretty well and even though this may sound corny i guess as your character levels up, so does your relationship with other ppl.
    In WoW you also meet many people too, the FFXI's linkshell is the WoW's Guild. There are good and bad to both, but this website will say more of the "good" for FFXI and more of the "bad" for WoW, b/c this is a Final Fantasy website.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    BTW, i heard that some people only signed upf or ff11 because it has great cybersex as the game attracts people with high imagination LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not even going to try to say somthing....

Both WoW and FFXI is good i never said its better than another, i am just comparing what you said to what i heard from my friends who do play the game and comparing it to what i play. Because while some of the things you say WoW is better for you personally just didnt apply to me and you made it seem like it was a flaw/detrement to the game...which i found wasnt quite right @_@ At least thats what i felt.

I think the spell vs abilties thing is more that theres a PvP option there and that both sides have different things as well as the option to solo means they can go more free on abilties. I dont see how you can do that in a co-op game such as FFXI without both DRG and DRK dishing out over 4000 dmg.

Crafting can be increased somehow i forget how i think its something to do with GP...

The point I'm trying to make is that you get the freedom of deciding to party or to solo more in WoW. A Priests job is to heal when in a group but they have a set of spells that makes them able to solo very good as well. Where as a whm cannot solo well.
    But thats the entire point. I feel an MMO should be all about interacting with others partying. I know a few friends say they dont actively seek a group anywhere unless they are doing the same thing as you which is really rare. Whereas in FFXI PT Seeking is pretty normal and i feel should be party oriented else its kinda meh. I mean you can invite a few Paladins to heal in WoW...Priests arent as much of a need compared to the usefulness you feel for a class in FFXI thats what i am getting at.

heh I wrote that wrong....what I ment was that at a higher lvl getting to the next lvl takes forever. In WoW there are more ways around from sitting there and lvling. (i.e includes, resting in an Inn while you are logged out giving you a boost to exp, quests give a lot of exp if you complete them.)
    I agree with the Quest for moderate ammounts of exp thing, i love the idea of the system. But the Inn thing makes me wonder how easy it really is..cant you just go in and log off and on over and over? @_@

What does the PS2 have to do with it...?
    The entire point is most of the limitations on FFXI is based off the PS2 as it was a PS2 game ported off into the PC for more marketing. Everything from the pop up images to the armorsets are limited by that weak machine. But comparing to what other PS2 games out there and what it can support its not bad at all, in fact its beautiful.

i.e if they find out you are buying gil they will delete your account. If you call a GM on FFXI about spam they will usually tell you to put them on your black list, in WoW they will either say somthing to the spamer or look and see if it's a big deal then kick them off their account for a while.
    An announcement that 800 farmers that abuse the system is banned from all accross servers in FFXI. The point of problem here is i can just call you a gil buyer and would they bother you? Square has much more legal approach to the thing and they cant just ban anyone =/ Gil sellers give the gil to IGE lvl 1 chars in which IGE only delivers it to you, so you pay for the transfer. You really cant ban some people for transferring gil...what if that was a mule?

I will agree that you should use the blacklist, its what its there for. Unless theres a whole ton of people that are annoyed with the shout why should they be bothered with it when theres at least 86 other different calls for them and that some of them might be bs calls? I am sure if someone swore over shout or said things like that, they DO send them to GM jail, however if you dont like those people shouting for Tele-Mea...then use Blist =/

I just hope you see how complicated some of the things can be, i dont see how the GM support there is better besides sending more reports/announcements to appease people.

No, you don't have to sit at the pc for 5hours but if you do what you said the lvls go by slow in the real world i.e lvl 10-20 could take about a week or more (depending on the parties) if you only lvl for an hour a day it could take 2,3,4,5....or more weeks depending on the parties again.
    Not everyone really cares that much, i know a few that plays 1.5 hours a day and they static. So its opinion i guess. I dont really care as long as a PT is fun and pulls in decent exp. To each their own i guess

Yes, if you do a quest that you must head into enemy teritory then you need a group to protect you. (a lot of quests are in enemy areas)
    This sounds good ^^ Something i will give a thumbs up on for WoW. Beastmen need to be more organized and rwar on us every now and then so "Beastmen on the Rise" means something.

"..................."

and BTW i just feel more sense of community in FFXI than WoW thats all, i mean running by Jeuno either Port or Lower, you will at least run into ONE person you partied or met with before and we can chat which i often do. Its much more sense of community to me than JUST a guild or LS...maybe its just me but i heard that besides your guild its kinda lonely in WoW....of course it could be just my friend's playing experience..i dont know what you got @_@ Because i distinctly asked a friend who played FFXI who cant play anymore(net probs) who went to WoW and thats what he personally said. *shruggie* i hope its not as lonely though cuz i HATED that in RO.

O and omecle i didnt say FFXI is better...its prolly is on some parts but not others. I always do put off the wrong msg ; ;

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    O and omecle i didnt say FFXI is better...its prolly is on some parts but not others. I always do put off the wrong msg ; ;
    Don't worry, kind of seemed you were trying to put down WoW and making a few assumptions, just my mistake then.

I agree you probably find a few more people in FFXI's that you have partied with (I never did)... but you can usualy find that in WoW, when you team up with people to do elite quests (or just normal for fun I guess).

Because while some of the things you say WoW is better for you personally just didnt apply to me and you made it seem like it was a flaw/detrement to the game...which i found wasnt quite right @_@ At least thats what i felt.
    I never tried to flaw the game >.< srys bouts that.

But thats the entire point. I feel an MMO should be all about interacting with others partying. I know a few friends say they dont actively seek a group anywhere unless they are doing the same thing as you which is really rare. Whereas in FFXI PT Seeking is pretty normal and i feel should be party oriented else its kinda meh. I mean you can invite a few Paladins to heal in WoW...Priests arent as much of a need compared to the usefulness you feel for a class in FFXI thats what i am getting at.
    I think that you should interact with others, but not always in a party. In WoW you have chat channles to interact with others while soloing. Also the guild is always there, so you can solo and still interact.

But the Inn thing makes me wonder how easy it really is..cant you just go in and log off and on over and over? @_@
    The Inn thing meens if you are logged out with a character for a few days or a couple weeks then you will get a small exp boost to help you catch up to your friends. If you just logged out then back on it wouldn't change anything.

The entire point is most of the limitations on FFXI is based off the PS2 as it was a PS2 game ported off into the PC for more marketing. Everything from the pop up images to the armorsets are limited by that weak machine. But comparing to what other PS2 games out there and what it can support its not bad at all, in fact its beautiful.
    Okay I see what you meen, FFXI could have gone a lot farther if it were not for the PS2 compatability. That, then, makes a lot of since.

An announcement that 800 farmers that abuse the system is banned from all accross servers in FFXI. The point of problem here is i can just call you a gil buyer and would they bother you? Square has much more legal approach to the thing and they cant just ban anyone =/ Gil sellers give the gil to IGE lvl 1 chars in which IGE only delivers it to you, so you pay for the transfer. You really cant ban some people for transferring gil...what if that was a mule?
    I can't really comment much on this, b/c the game just started, but Blizzard has started to sue some people that have been selling gold on websites, because it voids the user agreement. Yet I can't argue this issue as much because the game is still new. (heh should have never brought it up)

I will agree that you should use the blacklist, its what its there for. Unless theres a whole ton of people that are annoyed with the shout why should they be bothered with it when theres at least 86 other different calls for them and that some of them might be bs calls? I am sure if someone swore over shout or said things like that, they DO send them to GM jail, however if you dont like those people shouting for Tele-Mea...then use Blist =/
    I don't meen those, I'm talking about the spams of idiotic people about trains and stuff. You know the saturday night dunes spam ^.^

I just hope you see how complicated some of the things can be, i dont see how the GM support there is better besides sending more reports/announcements to appease people.
    I know how complicated it can get, but sending more reports insures to the players that the company's GMs are doing what they are supposed to do.

Not everyone really cares that much, i know a few that plays 1.5 hours a day and they static. So its opinion i guess. I dont really care as long as a PT is fun and pulls in decent exp. To each their own i guess
    Heh, just like everything is someones opinion.

This sounds good ^^ Something i will give a thumbs up on for WoW. Beastmen need to be more organized and rwar on us every now and then so "Beastmen on the Rise" means something.
    Well at least thats one. : ) But there we goes, I said my opinion again.

The Inn thing meens if you are logged out with a character for a few days or a couple weeks then you will get a small exp boost to help you catch up to your friends. If you just logged out then back on it wouldn't change anything.
    O i see thats not too bad a thing i guess. Makes less of a lvling race if Exp comes fairly easy.

I think that you should interact with others, but not always in a party. In WoW you have chat channles to interact with others while soloing. Also the guild is always there, so you can solo and still interact.
    I can see that but it still doesnt create a sense of teamwork i guess. I mean i think you just wail on the enemy and stuff...while in FFXI you Skillchain and coordinate more...i dont know too much but ima just leave it there.

I know how complicated it can get, but sending more reports insures to the players that the company's GMs are doing what they are supposed to do.
    Mmm i am pretty sure FFXI does sent reports pretty well too abit i dont know how much as often as WoW but most just say its bull and think its just not as important....although i would agree with you on this...

I still think these two games are too different to be really compared because they are targeted for different audiences...but my friend who played WoW in Dec is already bored of it now =/ So that makes me..doubt.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

i just wanted to respond to this with my own opinion,and i will use some of the points mentioned.

WoW
    More ways to make your character different from the rest.
    A much more large selection of spells/abillitys.
    Goals are not usually to Get to the next lvl.
    Much more detailed quest system.
    Storyline is better (in my opinion)
    Can have fun by sitting at the pc for 1hour to 10hours or more.
    Better graphics (not the biggest thing but needed to add it)
    GMs are more stricked to "cheaters" i.e. gold buyers ext.
    Can make as many Caracters as you want. (without buying more)
    PvP, and more PvP.
    No exp loss if you die.
    Have all jobs at start. (good or bad your choice, just like all of these)

FFXI
    Subjobs
    Does not need to change character (can be good, my opinion bad)
    Extra Jobs at 30
    Crafting (give this to FFXI b/c of reasons above)
    Ummm.....oh ^.^ Chocobos!

and here is the Bad
    WoW
    Easier to lvl (good or bad opinion yet again)
    Parties are not needed as much (good or bad....again)
    Mount at lvl 40, though it is to keep, unlike Chocobo.
    Based on PvP <<<<<< this is NOT true b/c of the different servers, i.e Role Playing, PvE and PvP
    WoW is Quest based, and thats the main part of the game.

FFXI
    Must sit at pc for hours to lvl at medium/higher lvls
    Choco costs gil every time you use it
    exp loss at death (even though most of the time you die b/c of idiot party members)
    Quest system is much smaller than WoW.
    Must pay for each additional character.
    Good
    FFXI
    Subjobs
    Does not need to change character (Very good, helps making a nem for yourself)
    Community (Making a name for yourself and knowing people makes this game amazing)
    Crafting (Very profitable, but requires MUCH Dedication)
    Amazing Storyline
    Ways to weed out bad players (extra jobs, genkai)
    exp loss (if you dont know why this is good, then thats too bad)
    PVP has a purpose.
    Always something to do, the problem is, there might be too much to do.
    Game requires more dedication (Satisfaction ^^ )

WoW
    Better quest system?
    Better Graphics
    More PvP than FFXI
    Multiple Characters, no extra cost.
    More spell/abiulity variety

Bad
    WoW
    No Exp Loss (Oh, this could be disastrous later on)
    Experience is way too easy to get.
    requires less dedication. (good for many people, bad for me cause i like the satisfaction of getting something done.)
    Quest Based, very repetitive quests

FFXI
    Having to deal with Morons in PTs
    Quest system smaller?
    and small things that come from any game when it gets popular and older.
    " - Do you beleive a man can change his destiny?
    - I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed.
    *The Last Samurai"

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassureth
    Good
    WoW
    Better quest system?
    Better Graphics

Bad
    FFXI
    Quest system smaller?
    I disagree. ヽ(;`д´)ノ
    Last edited by Misfit; 02-18-2005 at 03:50 PM.