Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwing your money away

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Default Throwing your money away

So today I was walking through town to get lunch, and I walked past a fellow setting up his guitar and guitar case. So I stuck around and waited for him to start playing, I can't remember what it was, but I gave him about 5 bucks (in coinage), gave him the thumbs up and I walked away.
    Later on in the same town and the same day, I was standing somewhere waiting for my friends. I wasn't bothering anybody. Next thing I know, I was grabbed by some creature with massive force, what looked about 12 years old. I was a tad bit afraid, looking into it's face and it had blank eyes with drool running over it's cheek and chin, teeth exposed. Smelt like urine. Afraid for my life I asked what the hell it wanted, and it asked me if I could give it a dollar. I told it to bugger off and get a job (I did this because it practically attacked me, I didn't like the way it was asking), and went and found somewhere else to sit.

..Anyway, that story is pretty useless.
    How generous are you when giving money to street beggars? And do you give it to anyone, or just those who deserve it? Or do you save your money for more important things?

If i have some extra money i give alittle of it.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

if i have some extra coins on me *i have a lot of coins in my pockets* i'll toss like whatever i pull out into things for like the homeless or shelters or whatever i see....they story is hilarious
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We don't really have street beggars around here, so I've never been in that situation.

In the rare occurrence that I find a street beggar, I won't give them anything.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

only the musicians

edit: not true i just remember this one guy who came up and was like, he's got diabetes and cancer and needs money for his diabetes pills or whatever. he's like 'need 25 cents man please' gave him 15. :={

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    edit: not true i just remember this one guy who came up and was like, he's got diabetes and cancer and needs money for his diabetes pills or whatever. he's like 'need 25 cents man please' gave him 15. :={
    I used to put mud on my face and say that exact thing to people. Until I found out it wasn't legal.

I tend not to carry money with me to avoid just such a case. I usually pass one on the way to or from school every day.
    --It's me!--

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I give money if they show talent.

Contributions

The guy with his guitar had a nice voice and was playing Yellow... better than Coldplay.. IMO..

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito
    Ya same it's rare to see some
    They're annoying/scary sometimes when they try to open your car door O_O

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    The guy with his guitar had a nice voice and was playing Yellow... better than Coldplay.. IMO..
    That's tight - I give the street musicians money because I respect that.

Beggars - usually not (time spent in Third World countries desensitizes me to any American beggars). However, there was this one time when I was really little in India on the banks of the Ganges where there was this man without arms or legs, just a head and a torso, balanced on a mat pleading for money. I froze up and couldn't do a damn thing. Eventually I forced myself to walk away, because my parents didn't let me have any money back then. I think they gave some money to him.

I dont give beggars anything. It usually goes to alcohol anyways. If I would give a beggar something, it would be food. I was in turkey for some years ago, and ther was this guy in a weal chair, that said he had lost his foot and needed money. The only problem was that you could clearly see that he had his foot under his blanket, and that the foot that was cut off, was fake... I though it was kinda funny, and gave him money anyways.
    I'm just a sweet transwestite from transexual Transylvania...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

If they ask nicely I'll give em some but if they try to rape me then no. Not that I see a lot of beggers around here