Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 9

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Default final fantasy 9

why do i get the feeling its not very popular among other ffs? i think its 1one of the best is there anyone out there who agrees with me?

Blog Entries

Hell yeah, it's amazing!

Absolutely one of my favorite FF games, EVER!

Check out my review here:
    FFIX review.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

thanx nice to know its popular

it was the first FF i beat, and was very enjoyable. a game always seems better when u haven't played it n awhile, so yah. on my first play through, i thot it was a great game, but uncapable of matching the overall greatness of other FF's. but not that i look back on it. not exactly my favorite FF, but one of the best games i;ve ever played.
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Im not sure FFIX is my favorite FF but it certainly is one of my favorite games of all time. It's brilliant. The only thing that sucks about it are those annoying, all to frequent, random battles. They jsut happen to often, imo. Other than that it is a superb game. I give it a 9/10.

*agrees with all the people who posted* plus some

its the first FF i played and i love it.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the best and my favorites..i love it a lot too

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This one is my fourth favorite after VI, VII, and IV.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I love FFIX too. It's the third FF series I'd played.
    WOW, Odin, Alexander, Bahamut, Atomos are awesome, incredible, almighty, ....
    It's the first time I saw Eidolons in FMV!!! Cool!!!
    Also, I'd learned many things from FFIX! eg. friendship, philosophy of life, ...

Most people that are new the FF surroundings have only played the latest games such as FFX-FFX-2, and well they weren't as good but still it is ff. But back to why I think FFIX is the Best. Most people want something that is new...more futuristic, not everyone but a lot of people.

I stay true to the beginnings of FF, back in the old era, where there was good old moogles...ffVII involved new things, as well FFVIII. Myabe they juststand oout more.

I still love FFIX though don't get me wrong I think its the best FF out there for the PS.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

It's not my favourite, but it's the most true to the name. It's the most fantasy-ish. what they did with FFX was very clever and a good turn, and VII and VIII were a bit more sci-fi-ey. IX is a throwback to the FF's of yore (yeah I said yore!) so that might be another reason some object to it. It distracts from the progression of the series. Also IX is a bit of fun really. It's sanwidched inbetween two fairly serious ones, but IX takes wuite a while to get to the sensible bit.

I don't think IX is particullarly better or worse than any of the others. Their only different.

This game is awesome but from what I have seen by most fans its a pretty under appriciated rpg much like ff3 was back in the day.

*has 1000 giga points*

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I have an FFIX review right here. Just to summarize, I loved it. It reminded me of the good times with the older Final Fantasies, yet still, had everything beautifully rendered in cd.

Rubedo: Bottom line, a must play, although I find a few Final Fantasies better than it.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't beaten it it yet (I'm on the second disc right now) but from what I've played, this is how it goes---

---Plot::: Excellent. It's really intriguing, and is what keeps me going. IX doesn't disappoint in this area
    ---Gameplay::: Horrible. I really, really hate it. There's too many random battles. And I don't know if it's just me, but the transition from the fireld, into battle is really really slow. Which makes it worse. But gameplay doesn't matter AT ALL to me. Honestly, it's the very last thing on the list. It's not even on the list.
    ---Music::: Good. There are a few stabd-out tracks, but that's it. It's all pleasant, but there isn't a lot that makes me stop and put down the controller (with the exception of Kuja's Theme, and a few others)

^Is that it? If I think of anything else, I'll put it in. Disregarding the gameplay, so far, so good. It has great characters; no one too annoying. I highly doubt it'll be my favorite (VIII still holds that title) but it won't be a game that I'll easily forget.

I'll stop now...

--Box Box Box Box

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've beaten all the FF's and IX was towards the end of the line. I happen to think it's the greatest FF of all time. Just my no one cares opinion though...