Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 9

I really liked FFIX. I thought it had an interesting and fun story line. I don't think I got annoyed by anything either...except maybe the ATE things. It also had some good piano pieces in it too.

NO FF9 whats the point in a ps1
    I am the one and only Dragon choosen by Tidus to help to defeat sin. Used by Freya to destroy the likes of Necron and Kuja.

it wasnt my fave, but it still was a great game IMO,

and the ending sure was cute

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i love ff9 also my first to finish, but i dropped my disc 4 and it shattered

The reason it wasn't as popular was probably because it was a throwback to the older Final Fantasys and a lot of the newer players couldn't appreciate it as much as Final Fantasy VII or VIII (because they were pretty futuristic)

I think that IX is a great game and is very underrated (for a Final Fantasy)

FFIX was awesome. It's not my favorite, but it does have my current favorite FF villain in it. I loved the story, I liked the light-hearted nature of most of the characters, and this game has the best Ultima spell EVER! I enjoyed it greatly.

FF9 is my favorite game. Here is my review of it right here.

Graphics: 9/10. Remeber, it is ps1. The cinamatics are great.
    Music: 10/10 The music is so good (Expecally messanger of destruction) that i download it and listen to it in my spare time.
    Gameplay: 10/10 I like the fact that every character has his/her own abilities and the battles are awsome.
    Story: 10/10. Great story

Final mark: 10/10
    Chocoboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree when people say Final Fantasy 9 is one of the best games of-all-time!!

Young, beautiful, her life confined solely within castle walls and fearing a conspiracy
    within Alexandria, Garnet looks for the perfect opportunity to escape with the thief
    band Tantalus. Questioning the loyalty of her own mother, Queen Brahne, Garnet
    disguises herself as a commoner with Steiner at her side in search for the answers
    that continue to ravage her heart.

IX is my favourite and the first one I played, the only problem I have with it is that it didn't have any really strong attacks like Omnislash, and lack of weapons to beat up (the floating beachball just didn't do it for me)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's my favourite FF! <3
    rawr

You think this one gets all the piss taken? Oh no my son, it is VIII. So many people just write 8 right off, and that's just poo. IX is good, end of story But so is VIII! And if you've not played because of what people have said, go play it! Now! Go! Get of your ass and go and get it! Right now buster! I can tell if you don't....

I loved it. This masterpiece scores up there with my favourite Final Fantasy titles. Of course there were faults, like the slow battle system, but load times don't really bother me... Unless it's really bad. (ex: Diablo for the PS)

This game was underrated because people don't like the fact that they returned to the old school generation for features. (Deformed characters, 4-person battle system, fantasy setting, etc) Though, I loved it. Especially the vast range of equipment. I'm not biased to the old generation nor the new generation, I like all Final Fantasies for their uniqueness, and innovative style. FFIX is an exception because I understand that it was supposed to be a game dedicated to reference.

Anyways, the story was really good, slow at times, but good. Funny, touching, sad, and depressing. All the qualities I enjoy. This game also had one of the greatest villains in existence. Narrow-minded players may see him as some sort of weird cross-dresser... But there was more to it than that I think. He was about symbolism, I believe he wasn't about appearance. He was an great mix of different villain qualities, he's cool, with his poetic mind games, cruel and violent, funny and sarcastic, and tragic and understandable at the same time. His motives are some of the best ever, and his presence is excellent. You know trouble is arise whenever he appears. His intelligence and manipulation are fantastic, and the tragic irony of his life is magnificent. He's the villain you just love to hate, when he lures you in with he wacko poetic justice. Kuja is a man who's studied to much Shakespeare then turned into a nihilistic manic. That's my little rant about Kuja.

Anyways, yes. Final Fantasy IX is really well done.

Thumbs up I liked this game...

This game was ultimately likeable. Vivi's tough decision to sacrifice the survival of his 'species'. Not to mention the very emotional distraught emotion of Dagger, from the death of her true mother, adoptive mother, & the destruction of her home town Maidain Sari, & the destruction of Alexandria, just before her inauguration.
    Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I think it's my least favorite FF. I thought they were trying too hard to straddle the old school/new school fence and came up with a game that, while still fun, was a bit watered down. I really didn't get the "old school" sense while playing it either. I'm not entirely sure why people label it as such, since it's really more of a new school game only in a setting that's more swords and sorcery than sci-fi. The art style is also really weird, but it's nothing like the old school graphics. FFVII used the old school graphic style for the field graphics. FFIX just made everyone look about 10 years younger than they were. I dunno. To me that's not exactly old school. I think they were trying to recapture that magic, but I didn't get that same feeling, and I thought it kinda hurt the game too. I don't particularly think the game sucks, just that I don't favor it among the other games in the series.

Default why final fantasy IX is the BEST!

i think that FFIX is my favouritist!]
    i love zidane and garnet and i love all the music!!
    everyone likes VII but i think that IX is sooooooo much better!!
    vivi is so cute and AMAZING in battle
    eiko is cute as well and MOG!!! i love mogs...
    freya is amazing plus sooo handy!! i love her clothes!
    quina speaks for itself!!
    amarant i admit isn't so good...
    steiner is funny!! i love his old armour and his attitude!
    garnet is soooo pretty! i love her summons!
    zidane is amazing! i love the fact that he isn't moody or has a dark past plus hes always happy and enthusiatic!

we should all love FFIX!!!