Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 9

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    spit. Final fantasy 9 is an embaressment to Final Fantasy the music isnt as good as 8 no way the characters suck bad, the jokes are out of date by light years. Zidane was annoying and his weapons sucked as did the whole ability system did the Materia and Junction systems owned. Zidane was a perv a big one too he stared at women all the time and peed alot of ppl off therefore final fantasy 9 to me and maybe many others was an embaressment to the name of Final Fantasy.

other things are that summoning appearences looked terrible, Bahamut looked bad, the story was a mess. if you put zidane and all the other lamocratic ff9 chars up against ff7 or 8 chars they would surely pummel into oblivion.

Nobuo Uematsu lost touch with this game and square ruswhed it the game was meant for younger audiences so the tough guy attitudes were gone and the lnaguage cleaned up.
    erm....this is a thread to talk about how GOOD the game is not to slant it. sorry. i just wanted to talk to people about what bits they like and why its their fav.
    any way...how can you think that the music isn't good???its the best next to VI!! he did a great job! the music creates a fantastic feel about the game. i love how its old age rather then high tech and whatever!

plus zidane being a perve is sooooooo much better then a boring old grump who dosn't talk and have really strange reasons to be misrable. zidane is far more layered then squall who is boring and flat. anyway. zidane is tough but in a different way. he gets his strength from helping others which is the reason i love him! squall just pushed people away.
    plus the jokes old fashioned???i laughed out load more in FF9 then FF8 anytime!

Trust No one

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

hello wth are you smoking the ff8 soundtrack was the greatest in the whole series plus there were 3 hillarious characters in 8 Irvine, zell and Selphie ecspecially the ragnarok scene. the music made me tired, the opening theme sucked bad compared to Overture and liberi fatali.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

so quinas not funny??? and steiners fuddyness??? and eikos mogs??
    the flute theme is my fav music ever!!
    just irvine was cool but did they actually evolve??? the whoel story was about squall and rhiona! pah!

(SPOILER)plus you don't think quina and vivi getting married was funny???
    plus kuja is a million times better then ultimecia!! she was pants! didn't thrill me at all!

Trust No one

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

FFIX never had weapons like Ultima or Omega, actually the squall-rinoa thing begun around mid dsic 2. irvine had a major role in disc 1 so that was his turn to shine. but Squall was alot cooler and better in battle he could use magic and summon he had a limit break instead of that frustrating trance. i almost passed out when it was introduced. Kuja was afraid of death he was desperate for power that power was not his own plus he looks kinda bisexual in a way are you sure hes even a he?

lets stop before the argue,ment starts 8 may have better Music and a few chars that were good like Squall, Irvine and Seifer they ruled. but 9 has been scrapped from the list of remade Final Fantasies only 7 and 8 are gettin put on PS2 as they were the majorall favourites.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

only reason its not getting remade is because its the best!!
    its for the old skool!!
    FFVII and FFVIII are only getting remade because they're going to make the graphics more like FFX.
    graphics don't make the game.
    FFIX dosn't need to show off!!!

Trust No one

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

7 was probably the best game in the whole series by far i like 8 the best but even i have no evidence it owns 7. 7 and 8 were the most popular and Better games of the series they were the 2 greatest creations of square 9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it, no heart it was way too easy and quick. by the way is Quina a he? what about Kuja he says hes a man but maybe hes a nadia

LET THE HAMMER FALL

erer.....well 9 isnt my favourite..anyway were here to talk about the GOOD things in ti soo lets go... the character styles are differnt and unique to the other ffs...it had really good graphics for ps1 format.....music was not bad...and erm.. yeah thats .it really u know IMO...^_^
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

my questions are what are Kuja (seems bisexual) and Qunia's genders?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

i dont like it...BUt i liked how it was differnt in style to other ffs.
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

i like the game...and some things i don't like about it. overall, FFIX is a really cool game.

my questions are what are Kuja (seems bisexual) and Qunia's genders?
    kujas a he he just like girly clothes (do you think he ever looked in the mirror and said "does my bum look big in this??)
    quina...never really known! i think a he, was reffered as his a few times but mainly as s/he so....anyones guess!!!
    9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it,
    wha??? obvioulsy you havn't payed the earlier ones.
    FFIX went back to the roots of FF...i think anyway

Trust No one

i really enjoyed playing 9, it was nice to have a cheery main character for a change. the whole thing was a lighthearted affair which suited me just fine (again after the apocoliptic storylines of 7 and 8 (yes i know the end is kinda apocoliptic but i never felt as though there was a huge threat until that bozo final boss appeared (the only real beef i have with this, well besides quina)

I liked the change in the style of the game, they did make it a 'fantasy' game in itself with all the different charaters bein of diffrent kinds to humans!plus i think SE did it becoz it is the last of the FF for the PS and fort it would be good to od a different style of the game before enhancing to PS2, i mean there doing new things again with AC and DoG.
    I has a more fun story to it and has loads of sidequest that link into each other which I fort was gr8, plus they showed on the game how far they have come with the graphic in the FMV's!
    [URL=http://tsutsa.free.fr/fanart/fanart/Aerithangel.jpg[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by chocomog33
    It is my favorite game of all time, so yes, i guess you could go so far as to say i like it
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

Default Final Fantasy IX a transition game

Ok. Straight out, final fantasy IX is by now stretch of the imagination my favourite FF game. it was the third FF game i played and at that point was my least favourite. But, i have played a good deal more since then, from IV all the way through to X-2 and i have come to appreciate FFIX for what it is. I see it as a journey back to where final fantasy began, a last ditch effort to save square. Back to 'hero' and 'heroin', 'good' vs 'evil' - every inch a final fantasy game. I see it as a sort of transition game. Elements from all the other games seem to be included, square seem to have brought together some of the most liked aspects from previous games and polished them into a the ninth game in the series. At the same time... new copncepts are introduced and can be seen in those that followed.

Final Fantasy IX was traditional, and in my opinion, the creators wanted to go back. Final Fantasy IX is a sort of Ode to FF's gone past. It incorporates the best of the past and a wave of the future.
    its not my favourite game... it never really grabbed me like VII, VIII and X (in particular) did. X-2 was... different. I wont go so far as to call it an atrocity, but it was DEFINETELY not my favourite.

XI is a transition game for me... a last look by the creators at where they came from, and from what foundations their empire was built. A last look before stepping into the future.

Whoa... i probably made a few enemies there. I'm open to debate and discussion if you disagree or agree with what i've said. mitchellmeek@hotmail.com

email me. im on MSN aswell. Same address.
    DIE AND BE FREE OF PAIN, OR LIVE AND FIGHT YOUR SORROW
    I'll be waiting, so if you come here, you'll find me. I PROMISE.