Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 9

It might not be as popular because there's not a lot of teen angst. I still think it's awesome.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Quina
    It might not be as popular because there's not a lot of teen angst. I still think it's awesome.
    yeah!
    your the coolest!!

Trust No one

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    it was a disgrace to the name of Final Fantasy, its too easy has very bad music and characters. the main char is a dumbass. its so terrible even vile language cannot describe it's awfulness, the trance and battle system is what pissed me off hte most about the game. what happened to the grand old limit break system?
    chaos: It's posts like this that really piss me off. FFVII mongers, to be more specific. Horrible music? I don't think so. Many tunes stuck out, and overall, it was a great soundtrack.

Rubedo: Could you sometimes explain your reasons? How is Zidane a dumbass? Grand old limit break system? What about all the other grand systems from games before FFVII? I think FFIX acknowledged them better.

7 was probably the best game in the whole series by far i like 8 the best but even i have no evidence it owns 7. 7 and 8 were the most popular and Better games of the series they were the 2 greatest creations of square 9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it, no heart it was way too easy and quick. by the way is Quina a he? what about Kuja he says hes a man but maybe hes a nadia
    Rubedo: For your information, seven and eight weren't the most popular. Nearly every FFIX had very good ratings, and I think it's stupid to say they are the two greatest creations of Square without even playing all the games. Personally, I found that VI schooled both of them.

Quina made it for me....the scene at Conde Petit when s/he married Vivi 'Me So Happy'...I'm sorry that deserves plaudits alone. Enjoyable game if you liked the old FF series. For Me, I loved it. From Start to finish, wasn't the best but then nothing beats VII. It's cool to name older FF and say that was ur favorite nowadays just to look like you are a veteran, I've playe every one & nothing equals the epic that was VII, it took the world & for 3 years....it owned it.

IX is a great game. My second fav after VIII. (Isnt it funny how my 2 fav games are the most underated). And to all you bums who think that Zidane is annoying may i remind you of Tidus? The most annoying character with the most annoyingly annoying voice this side of the planet pluto! Two words......The Laughing Scene .

Wait

3 words

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nobuo Uematsu lost touch with this game and square ruswhed it the game was meant for younger audiences so the tough guy attitudes were gone and the lnaguage cleaned up.
    Ha! You make me laugh. I laugh out loud at you, even. How could a game that was a tribute to the OLDER final fantasies be "geared towards the younger audiences"? Just because a game doesn't have swearing or blood or "tough guy attitudes" (if you're calling cloud tough then I'll have to laugh at you some more), that does not mean it's geared towards younger people. I was 19 or 20 when I first played FFIX and I still love it at the age of 23. The game was not rushed either. Best Final Fantasy on the playstation, imo.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

7 was probably the best game in the whole series by far i like 8 the best but even i have no evidence it owns 7. 7 and 8 were the most popular and Better games of the series they were the 2 greatest creations of square 9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it, no heart it was way too easy and quick. by the way is Quina a he? what about Kuja he says hes a man but maybe hes a nadia
    Have you ever played any of the other FF games? FF9 is more of an FF game then 7 and 8. 9 was like playing the old games FF6, 4, 5, 1, and 2. All of which are very great FF games. In fact FF6 is far better then FF7
    A long time fan of Final Fantasy I have always like the Final Fantasy games and I always well.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

9 has been scrapped from the list of remade Final Fantasies only 7 and 8 are gettin put on PS2 as they were the majorall favourites.
    Ugh.... Would you stop trying to pawn this off as truth? It's an unsubstantiated rumor.

kujas a he he just like girly clothes (do you think he ever looked in the mirror and said "does my bum look big in this??)
    LOL that made me burst out laughing, boris no no

But anyhow, FFIX's my first FF game ever so I have a partial adoration towards it

Too bad I couldn't continue with the game halfway coz of the damned spoilt disc *shakes fist*
    Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.

Henry Miller

I like FFXI more then FFVII
    Don't be afraid of shadows, it only means there is light shining somewhere behind...

How many optional bosses did 7 and 8 have? I count 4 for 9, Ozma, Quale, Tantarian and Hades, seems like a fair ammount to me.

IX is my favourite FF, maybe if it included more spikey hair, moody teenagers and big swords people would think it's the greatest FF of all time.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids, IX is not for Fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    How many optional bosses did 7 and 8 have? I count 4 for 9, Ozma, Quale, Tantarian and Hades, seems like a fair ammount to me.

IX is my favourite FF, maybe if it included more spikey hair, moody teenagers and big swords people would think it's the greatest FF of all time.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids, IX is not for Fanboys.
    I would not really say fanboys here. On less you are using it for those who started off with FF7 and FF8. If you are using it for those who started of with FF1 - FF6 then it is for those fanboys.
    A long time fan of Final Fantasy I have always like the Final Fantasy games and I always well.

One of my Favorites in the series. I liked the villain and a lot of the areas. Some of the scenes were absaloutely brilliant like Bahamut at the Lifa tree or Bahamut and Alexander at Alexandria and Kuja destroying Terra.And its about time the main hero wasnt some moody attention seeker.

I liked everything about it the music,battle system,the places great game yeahh!!

Grin

Final Fantasy IX was the best in the series , the music, cities, concepts, villians, people, and story and all worked together extremely well. It for me is the best FF i loved the cut scenes in it, but i think some could have been a little longer. Im going to make a movie based on the game and it will be awsome better than AC even.