Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Like Trances

Default I Don't Like Trances

no offense to FF9, but i really hate its limit break system. it's so hard to keep track of the Trance gauges and they're not as powerful. it pisses me off when i go into Trance while fighting some weak monsters.
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 01-11-2005 at 12:05 AM.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The good news is, you have every right. The bad news is.... oh wait.... nevermind.... there is no bad news. Carry on!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only thing I don't like is that they don't carry over. I always end up getting into Trance just as the last enemy dies.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

this is the only bad thing about FFIX
    i liked to keep the limits in the other FFs so when a hard boss is on the cards i can beat it easier!
    plus if you're fighting little pooey gobilins or sumthin the trance is lost and you have to start all over again!

Trust No one

Ok, I know it is one of the most anoying things in th ewhole off the FF series when your fighting world weakest monster and u get trance at the end of the battle but doesn't it feel much more of an accomplishment when you do time it right?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Me too! And half the characters have no trance either, example: Garnet, it's pointless!!!!

Queen Of The Moogles

The Trances are really what put me off the game. I hated the fact that you had to use the Trances whenever they come otherwise you lose them after two of that character's turn. It pissed me off more than FF8's limits. The Trance attacks weren't even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan
    Me too! And half the characters have no trance either, example: Garnet, it's pointless!!!!
    Garnet continually summoned the last summon you used as a command.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Which is VERY useful in long fights, but in quick battles against weak monsters, not so much.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

She does, OMG I didn't know that.....*goes check it ouit* Thanks!!!!

Trance was annoying...o_O..what wasintresting was looking at what the characters looked like when in trace and how tey would randomly change their clothing and glow
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

is zidane naked when he's in trance???

*looks a bit more!!*

Trust No one

The problem with the Trance system was that most characters didn't have good Trances.
    Zidane -- This is very good, he simply gains high damaging attacks, easily able to do 9999 damage
    Vivi -- Even though you get to cast a spell twice, it still costs twice the MP, so this sucks.
    Garnet -- Sucky, as has been already mentioned
    Steiner -- Double damage for all physical attacks. Best Trance in the game.
    Eiko -- Same as Vivi, but double casting white spells has more uses (raise!!)
    Freya -- Does much weaker damage than a normal jump, and she hardly gets hit anyway, so this one sucks.
    Quina -- Kind of useful against normal monsters, but stupid against bosses, since you can't eat them anyway.
    Amarant -- Kind of useful -- 1/2 MP is never bad, but I never really used his Chakra skills much anyway (except for the raise dead one).

In short, the trance system sucks.

what really flawed Zidane's Trance was that he didn't have any attacks like Omnislash or Lion Heart. even if he could do 9,999 dmg, it's still not much!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie514
    didn't have any attacks like Omnislash or Lion Heart. even if he could do 9,999 dmg, it's still not much!
    I think you're just spoiled by the newer Final Fantasies.

Trance sytem is ok, but I just dont like how you cant save them.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga