Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ok star ocean til the end of time help

Default ok star ocean til the end of time help

hello all i'm stuck on S-O again i'm at that bit where you have to save ameena i go to the west door but when i go out all i find are annoying battles and nothing else and the only place that i do find is a place that "looks completly different"
    and i need help so uhh help lol
    Vincent:- Dirge of Cerberus is kind of a mix between devil May Cry and Me.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I don't really understand. Are you in Peterny? Are you supposed to go find Ameena, or is she in bed?

If the woman has come to you to ask your help to find Ameena, you must take the West exit out of Peterny. You'll arrive in a field area that is similar to the field area to the south of Peterney. There are two places you can go from here: Surferio, and Duggus Forest. You want to go to Duggus Forest.

There's a bridge in this area that you don't want to cross that leads to Surferio. The enemies across the bridge are brutal. Duggus is on your side of the bridge, so don't worry about crossing it. From Duggus Forest, the path is pretty straightforward to Ameena.

And here's something to take note of: In Duggus Forest there's a room that has a random battle of two monster trees right near the end of the forest. Get into this fight and get a bonus chain going. If you get triple EXP in this fight you'll end up with a whole lot of EXP. The trees can't move very well, so control one character and have the other two fight the battle for you. Chain about 45 to 50 times and it should be smooth sailing all the way to the middle of chapter 3.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

yeah the woman has come up to me and asked me to save her.

the bridge do you mean the bit with those little woman with wings and the bird thingys cause they seem pretty brutal i find it hard enough to kill one of those harpy things but i don't see where the place to get to where ameena is, is it when you walk out of peterny it has scorpains some bandit type people in it and these 2 armoured elephant things
    just about one after another.
    if it is i have no idea where to go from there,left right where?

Edit:yeah i just done that now i'm on the bit where you have to go to the dragon mines and clear it out and i just read the dragon crypt that says "weave two lines into a single line of darkness" and now i really have no idea what to do someone help.
    Last edited by sephiroth9006; 12-26-2004 at 11:29 PM.

The part with the riddle is a lot easier than they make it sound.

All you need to do is stand in the very center of the two torches in the huge room with nothing in it, making both of your shadows equal length. The door will open to the next area.

And there will be another puzzle you're likely to run into a little later into the mine. You'll have to light switches and get into doorways without them touching your shadow to continue. When you reach the room with the multiple exits and this puzzle, go through the west door.

ok thanks for that if i need any more help i'll let you know

I thought bout buyin Star ocean but I really didn't know is it a good game?

Don't know, it got a lot of mixed reviews. Personally, I like it a lot. If you like optional dungeons and super bosses, then you'll like it too. There's a pretty unpopular plot twist in the game that sort of undermines every other game in the series. Despite that I still think it is spectacular.

So far it is the best RPG I've played on the Playstation 2. The battle system is great. The story is probably average at best. The characters are great. The music doesn't really stand out, except for the final battle track, which is absolutely incredible. There's challenging trophies you can acquire from battles that will keep you playing the game over numerous times.

You might want to get another opinion before buying it though, because I'm a Star Ocean freak and am just a bit biased towards the series and Tri-Ace as a whole.

back to the sublect of help i'm stuck again
    i'm in that churchlike place (Can't remember the name) to get that orb from the vendeeni and i'm going against that black and purple thing that has a sheild around it so you can't do any damage to it.
    i have the hammer charm but it doesnt seem to be the right one
    it's the one where if you run away from it he says some sort of charm should help.

You get a stone along the way (a holy stone of some sort, i think) so go back to a workshop in a dugion and you will make a charm that lets you attack it.

so you have to go back to one of the towns
    aww damn and it's a saints stone i think i have 2 of them.
    thanks

Edit:I just beat the big black and perple thing now i'm going to this pace where there's a locked door and a lever that you can't pull so yet again i'm stuck so uhh help....heh
    Last edited by sephiroth9006; 12-28-2004 at 12:36 AM.

The orb you need is a few floors away. I don't recall any levers that you need to press, except for a red orb. You need to find a red orb and touch it, which turns a maze room with evil Adramalech-like cubes into a moving trap room. Pass that trap room and the one behind it and you'll reach the orb.

Now is also a good time to gain some EXP. Go up against some bronze brutes to fill up the bonus battle. Then load hammer of might on Cliff's strong close and far attacks and get into a fight with the group of four red vendeenis. Control Cliff and Hammer of Might their asses and they'll go down in a few seconds and you'll have around 400 exp. You should be able to go a good number of fights without the chain being broken. It's still not the best place to level up. You'll find better spots with porcupines later. It is good for some quick exp at the moment though.

kk thanks my higest level people are fayt and cliff which are level27
    is there some rock hard boss through that door is there then so i can level up alot.
    i'll end up leveling up alt anyway.

(SPOILER)oh and btw when does albel join you?

There's a very easy boss behind the door, so there is no immediate need to level up. It's just some extra exp for the moment. Don't dwell on it because there's a spot by the Copper Mines later on with porcupines that give 1400 exp on the multiplier and die in about 5 seconds with Hammer of Might.

As for (SPOILER)Albel, you're about an hour and a half to two hours from getting him.

i can't find the orb that your on about could you be abit more specific about what the room before looks like all that which room is it in is it in one of those rooms where you have to disintergrate part of the wall to get inot the room cause i have no idea where it is

The room with the red orb is on the same floor as the maze puzzle. After you defeat the black centaur there is another instance where you have to wait for an earthquake and use the hammer on a crack in the wall.

Climb a few floors. If you find a tiny room with a crystal centaur right in the middle of it and no way around him, then you're on the right track.

Keep going until you're in a large area with red vendeeni. From here its either this floor or the next floor. If you can get past the earthquake part then you should be able to do the rest by just visiting spots you haven't been to on the map.