Thread: How long does it take?

Default How long does it take?

Just wondering how long it usually takes to make a picture. Like, when I draw pictures and I'm actually pleased with it, it usually takes me about 30 min.

It varies, sometimes I draw a picture and judge it finished in half an hour, or an hour, but other times I can be working on something for a day plus and not be satisfied.

Just recently its taken me 6 weeks to complete an oil painting, and thats just the painting, never mind the planning and thinking about it!

Point it, it varies for everyone. It also depends on what you're doing i guess, a simple sketch shouldnt take too long, but if you're planning something more indepth, a CG on photoshop or a painting then yeah, it's going to take you much longer.

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

my favorite medium of drawing arts is pencil and paper. when I was drawing frequently, I would usually sit down someplace, look about me and draw something distinctive of the setting. Sometimes this was impressions of other art hanging about, sometimes it was nothing more than the shadows cast by the overhead lights. actually, there was this one really interesting peice I did about that, but I've lost it.

I could turn out a good picture that I was wholly pleased with in about 15 minutes.

on the other hand, my absolute favorite medium of visual art is snosculpting. my sculptures were usually about 4 times bigger than me and took me at least 2 days to complete to a point I was pleased with. then some ignorant @$$monkey would come along and break it up for snoball fight ammunition. :shoot:

Makoto, Honesty.