Thread: FF2- Dreadnought

Default FF2- Dreadnought

In DoS's version of FF2 the Dreadnought took off from Brafsk and (SPOILER)destroyed a few cities. Where do I go from here, I talked to a bunch of NPCs and they all keep telling me to talk to Cid. Cid only tells me how to destroy it but now where it's located. What do I do now?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The Warship? It's north of Phynn. WAY north. It's so far north that on your way up you'll probably start thinking "this is ridiculous, there's no way it could be this far, did I MISS it?" and turn around. Don't do that. Just keep going north. You'll get there eventually.

Its 1 hour of walking north of Fynn Castle, you cant miss it.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

He's not that far yet.

Learn the key term Sunfire from Cid, then go to Altair and learn the key term Goddess Bell from the King of Fynn, then go to Salamando and ask Josef about the Goddess Bell.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just did this part myself today. Listen to Kishi!

Ok, thanks. I'm already in the Keep with Gordon. Thanks.

another way to get to the Dreadnought is to take the airship to Kas'ion and use the chocobo to go south to the dreadnought.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but the dreadnought is not north of Fynn, it's in southern Palamacia. Check the map if you don't beleive me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara
    Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but the dreadnought is not north of Fynn, it's in southern Palamacia. Check the map if you don't beleive me.
    Wrong, its in Southern Palamecia AND its north of Fynn.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

The majority of land in FFII is all one giant strip. There are only 8 places in the game that can't be reached by foot (Snow cave, Deist, Tropical Island, Mysidia, Mysidian Tower, Pandaemonia, Mysidian Cave, and Jade Passage). Technically, you could just start the game and walk straight to the Palamecian Dessert.

I prefer to walk to the dreadnought because fighting the enemies along the way is a good way to gauge your readiness for the dreadnought itself. If you're wiping them out with ease, you're ready. Also, they drop many helpful items, and it never hurts to do some extra stat gaining in this game. That is, of course, unless it lowers your stats

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Wrong, its in Southern Palamecia AND its north of Fynn.
    Yes, theoreticly, you're right. You can get to the Dreadnought by going north from Fynn. However, in my (admittedly warped) worldveiw, anything that close to the bottom of the map can't legitametly claim to be North of anything.

Okay, only the world of FFII is clearly not one flat square that magically warps you to another part when you walk off one of the boundaries. This is only horribly obvious in the FC version, but the world is in fact NOT Square, thus making all directions relative.