Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does this Suck or Does this Suck

Ff9 is better than ff8 in there is a diffence between ekio and garnet ekios summon are for emerganceys cause she relies on white magic where as garnet relies on her summons which is why ekio can lern holy and has dubble white mag trance and garnets sumoons get more powerfull in her trance. There is also big diffence between the knight and the dragoon dragoons specalise in fighting in the air and has some curative ability the knight is a like a tank that can only do big damige to enermys. Vivi the black mage is the only one who can use black magic In the game wich cam make him more powerful than stiner and frya and possibly garnet cause the reflect ability can make his attack do 4x damige. Zidane can steal anything but you have to be a high level with lots of speed I think mug is better than steal as it dose dameige. The magor diffence is that amanent shuld be a ninja clas casue of his claus and his thow abilitys. The only thing that’s wrong is the final bosses are compleat n00bs and can be beaten by people without any experance of ff games or any type of rpg game out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBob42
    I thought we could have a solid discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of this game...I was wrong. In fact, this is easily the most idiotic thread I've seen in these forums so far. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

*No actually I think thats probably a certain Aeries Thread and its continual accerance*

Arguing about the tail the main character has is childish and pointless. How can you judge a game based on that? It's not even worth mentioning. Final Fantasy 7's characters were nothing but a few blocks of polygons thrown together and rarely do people complain about that 'round here. Heck, most characters looked kind of funny and/or colorful in every game up to and including Final Fantasy 7.

*The reason why FF7 has polygon characters is because that was all the graphics at the time where capable of, thats why people dont complain, just goes to show that you dont need a good graphics game to be a successful game*

If you want to have my take on Final Fantasy 9, here it is:

Pros
    -the art direction is amazing; cutscenes and 2D backgrounds all look fantastic

*WHAT? Anybody can stick some characteristics on the back of a 2D background, thats not graphics, Rome total war is graphics, FFX is graphics not this, it certainty doesnt rate high*

-good soundtrack overall (with some ups and downs) *Yeah I'll give you that*

-characters that are at the very least creative and strange *No, disagree, they seem sloppy and not extremely creative at all*

-well done English translation (the best Square has done so far)

-plenty of fun if you can get into it (and that's what matters) *Your opinion*#

-an ability system that takes a different approach from the previous Playstation games and makes a lot of sense *Yeah, whatever! Just because people are too lazy to work out FF8 Junction system, its not hard*

Cons
    -a few of the music tracks get on my nerves, especially the default battle theme
    -battles could go faster
    -rarely can you create your own party (especially in the first half of the game)
    -not enough mini games like the ones in FF7

Sorry mate this is just my opinion
    Renzokuken

The road to a Lionheart

Quote Originally Posted by JayDee
    Totally agree
    They should've stuck with the original sketches
    (can't remember who they're by..... The ones on the discs)
    Yos hitaka Amano
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Blog Entries

I still prefer FF8 to FF9... At least characters in FF8 didn't seem to be ran over of a truck! Opps sorry but really FF9 seems a Zoo... Cid was a FROG, ok? A FROG??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell were they thinking...???

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah okay this thread's gone on long enough. Thank you everyone who didn't use the warn button when I was flamed. Real nice.

And also here's a warning to everyone who was flaming other people. Don't do it.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!