Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does this Suck or Does this Suck

Does this Suck or Does this Suck

OK who in the world likes this game i mean it is the most copy rited final fantasy ever!!!!!. sorry for those people who like the game in some far off country are they alright, i really HATE THIS GAME!!!! i am a big fan of the other final fantasy especially 7, 8. 10, but this game is a joke in my opinion please join me in this nobel cause join forces with me and give me more reasons to hate the game more than i already do.... come on the characters suck and the plot is poor just one of many reason the characters suck the main character zidane is supposed to be a thief i mean come off he can't even steal what a faggot!! i spent nearly a hour trying to steal something off a boss!!!!garnet would be a better thief, the only good thing about this game is vivi just for looking wicked but thats about it if any one agrees with me in this war join our side and crush this terrible game into the ground where it belongs but we love square any way but i thought this game was capable of a lot more.
    Last edited by Adam 77; 12-29-2004 at 05:02 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You think the characters and the plot suck, yet you like FFVIII? VIII had so many plots holes and the characters were just awful.

Anyway, I loved FFIX. I thought the characters were perfectly fine, and the game is really fun.

And calling someone a "faggot" (be it a video game character or whatever) is not needed. Do not do that.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

but the characters on 9 were all rip offs of each other zidane and amarant, garnet and eiko shall i go on... but yeah i agree with u that ff10 characters and plot was good but please dont diss 8 over 9 because 8 is so much better than 9....

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How were the characters rip offs of eachother?

Zidane and Amarant are nothing like eachother. Garnet and Eiko are similar yes, but that's only because (SPOILER)they are related.

In my opinion, FFIX is a million times better than FFVIII. The whole (SPOILER)Oh my god, we actually new eachother years ago but you all forgot, but I actually remembered but I didn't feel like telling you all until just now, isn't that neat!? event was really kinda dumb.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Ok what about albert and freya i mean the only diffrence is he is male and she is female they both are knights of diffrent orders i mean come on....And FF8 characters were all diffrent in their own because you had variety a gunblade warrior, martial artist, gunner, i could go on unlike 9 that was trying to put each character with a equal for example garnet and eiko.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

....Each character has their own class. With the exception of Garnet and Eiko who are both Summoners and White Mages.

Zidane = Thief Class
    Steiner = Swordsman Class (or Knight)
    Vivi = Black Mage Class
    Freya = Dragoon Knight
    Amarant = Monk Class
    Quina = Blue Mage Class

I don't see how that makes them all the same.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Steiner = Swordsman Class (or Knight)
    freya= dragoon knight
    it's there for you to see spot the difference
    oh yes and eiko and garnet you said it yourself

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dragoon and Knight are two COMPLETELY different classes! Freya uses Lances and Spears. Steiner uses Swords. Freya Jumps and has skills that can either help the party or hurt the enemy. Steiner has skills that reduce the enemies ability to cause damage, or they just outright kill the enemy. He's a powerhouse. I don't see what you are trying to prove, the only similar thing is the "knight" title in their classes.

Eiko and Garnet learn different summons, and some magic skills that the other does not.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

In FFVIII, all the characters were practically the same in battle. It really didn't matter who you choose since the only real difference between the characters were the limit breaks. At least in FFIX, the characters each have their own unique set of abilities, strenghts, and weaknesses.

Are Steiner and Freya similiar? In ways, yes. But I think those two are more different and unique then, let's say, Zell and Selphie are.

I dunno, maybe you would have had to of played the older Final Fantasies (FF1-FF6) to of appriecated this game, because in FFIX, Final Fantasy finally went back to it's roots. But even if you havn't played the older ones, I still can't see why you wouldn't enjoy it. It's a fun game with a great story.

FFIX > FFVIII.

I know what u are trying to say but thats is not the point im trying to prove the similarity of the characters like eiko and garnet both use summons and white magic i mean come off it i could go on the other final fantasy games each character was diffrent in their own way but FF9 its just to much the same for my taste. And the other thing i hated about this game was the fact you get to level 99 but u dont have 9999 HP at the end of it i mean that is stupid it proves that what is the point.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You keep saying that it is "too much of the same" but you won't give an example of WHAT is the same. If it's not the abilities or the classes, then what is it?

And why do they need to have 9999 hp at level 99? That would make the game too easy, none of the monsters even come close to doing that much damage.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Yes, they both have the same abilities, but they're still unique. Garnet has more/better summons than Eiko while Eiko has more/better white magic. (I think. It's been awhile since I last played.)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This thread is hilarious. Matt, I imagined you grabbing your head when you typed, "Dragoon and Knight are two COMPLETELY different classes!" That's classic.

Anyway, you have every right to dislike FFIX, but come up with clear reasons if you are going to bash a game.

wow u hate a lotta ff's.

i love x, prolly my favorite of all time, and i thought ix was almost as great. i mean the characters were dynamic, although il admit that the characters could've been developed a lil bit more. not that the were "rip offs" of each other, but the supporting characters outside of zidane, vivi, amarant, and dagger didn't really get a good showing. i mean, you don't get to learn about their past and their feelings on such as a deep level as u do as in vii or x, but the main quartet was something magical. best main cast ever, at least before i played x and vii. i really thought that the supporting cast sort of got left behind;you got them so late in the game, you could only do so muc with them. there should be a ffix-2, rofl. :rolleyes2

but its a great game. the whole philosophy about memories and planets assimilating each other isn't new,but its still great.plus the "vessel with a sole" thing has been done a couple times...plus, "guy with a tail sent down to destroy earth, but bumped his head and became a nice guy"....dragonball/dragonball z ne1?

and no1 can say nething abot the music. just go to branbal and listen. or just look!!the graphics, oh my gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    wow u hate a lotta ff's.

i love x, prolly my favorite of all time, and i thought ix was almost as great. i mean the characters were dynamic, although il admit that the characters could've been developed a lil bit more. not that the were "rip offs" of each other, but the supporting characters outside of zidane, vivi, amarant, and dagger didn't really get a good showing. i mean, you don't get to learn about their past and their feelings on such as a deep level as u do as in vii or x, but the main quartet was something magical. best main cast ever, at least before i played x and vii. i really thought that the supporting cast sort of got left behind;you got them so late in the game, you could only do so muc with them. there should be a ffix-2, rofl. :rolleyes2

but its a great game. the whole philosophy about memories and planets assimilating each other isn't new,but its still great.plus the "vessel with a sole" thing has been done a couple times...plus, "guy with a tail sent down to destroy earth, but bumped his head and became a nice guy"....dragonball/dragonball z ne1?

and no1 can say nething abot the music. just go to branbal and listen. or just look!!the graphics, oh my gracious.
    same for me..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity