Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does this Suck or Does this Suck

I dunno...I liked ff9's character, the plot...the only thing I didn't like was the end bosses because they were to easy!

I have only two words to say to Adam: STFU N00B! Ò_Ó
    Are you dumb enough to don't notice that Eiko and Garnet are both Summoner/White Mages because (SPOILER)both of them are from Madain Sari, THE VILLAGE OF LOST SUMMONERS
    The only game that FFIX is related is FFI... and that doesn't change the fact that FFIX KICK THE FAT ASS of FFVIII.
    In FFVIII all chars are the same -_- same commands, same magic, etc... Only the limit breaks change...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    FFIX KICK THE FAT ASS of FFVIII.
    damn right!!!
    FFVIIIs characters were so limp! they didn't really evolve!
    whist FFIX they all progressed and the characters changed!
    noone disses FFIX in front of me *pounds fist in hand in a menacing way*

Trust No one

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you dumb enough to don't notice that Eiko and Garnet are both Summoner/White Mages because (SPOILER)both of them are from Madain Sari, THE VILLAGE OF LOST SUMMONERS
    The only game that FFIX is related is FFI... and that doesn't change the fact that FFIX KICK THE FAT ASS of FFVIII.
    In FFVIII all chars are the same -_- same commands, same magic, etc... Only the limit breaks change...
    Personal attacks are uncalled for. You do not have the right to call him dumb just because you don't agree with him. So knock it off.

And calling him a "noob" when you just registered 5 days ago doesn't make much sense, does it?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Pie!
    And calling him a "noob" when you just registered 5 days ago doesn't make much sense, does it?
    rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!oh man, that made my day

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

While I too was disappointed with FF9 in some aspects (discs played through too quickly, music was sometimes annoying, cards and Chocobos were a big pain), it was still a fun game, and I don't regret the time I spent playing it. FF8 I haven't played, so I can't compare it, but the real reason I don't love FF9 is because I played FF7 before it (and liked it better). There was already a thread recently comparing 7 and 9, so I won't repeat it all here, but my general opinion on the matter is that FF9, while not the greatest game, was still pretty good.

~ Graphics: Excellant, even you should admit that. Though I think some of the characters, like Zidane and Kuja, looked too feminine.
    ~ Soundtrack: Decent (IMO). There were some good tracks (Sword Of Doubt), but there are better. Really a matter of if you like the style or not.
    ~ Gameplay: Solid. I agree that it would be nice to be able to bring your HP to 9999, but as Matt mentioned, it's not necessary. I just wish Trance was more reliable, and you could get every skill-teaching item again. (I missed out on the Level 3 spells.) And super-bosses would be nice. (But if you go for the Excalibur II sword, every boss will probably seem like a super-boss.)
    ~ Character similarity: I kind of agree with you on Eiko--she always seemed liked a knock-off of Garnet to me--but I recognize that she's necessary for the story, and has some decent moves of her own. I don't like her, so I simply don't use her.
    ~ Stealing: Try Bandit. Or wait until later in the game when you have better stats. Stealing's nice, but not truly necessary.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    damn right!!!
    FFVIIIs characters were so limp! they didn't really evolve!
    whist FFIX they all progressed and the characters changed!
    noone disses FFIX in front of me *pounds fist in hand in a menacing way*

nonononononono. the 8 characters evolved!

squall went from a total badass to a complete WUSS!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/WiFi_Gym_...ex.php?act=idx

Join my wifi gym project. Leader spots are available. Please send me an application.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

a much more lovable wuss though.

hmm, I dont' get what the thread starter meant by it being the 'most copy rited' game. Or why it matters what country the player lives in. Anyways.

I thought ff9 was rather boring, on the whole. I had made up my mind to do the sidequests, but I got tired of them and said 'heck, I'll go beat the game and come back'

That was a few months ago. I still havent' gone back to that save slot.

(It was pretty. and I liked Amarant's abilities. I'll give it that)

Sorry for the "STFU n00b" and stuff, but say that the game suck using the most idiot reasons really makes me "go berserk" -_-

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I too would like to hear a real reason after the initial poster has been suitably lambasted by just about everyone else in the thread.

That's five words.

i liked 9 it wasnt my favourate but i have played it again since i first beat it, the reasons i liked it were:

all the characters were nicely developed and had personalities (unlike 8, i liked 8 but i personall felt that the characters, well except squall and rinoa where seriously underdeveloped)

the different classes, not everyone had the same abilities

i liked vivi and zidanes trance.

the ending was cute.

Well it seems u all have made your points on here but here is my clear reasons for not liking this game firstly lets start with the rallyho thing in conde petie, they basically stole that idea from final fantasy 4 if any of you have played it you would know it already. After playing through 7 u can see a few similaritys that 9 have tried to go over for example cloud and sephiroth, zidane and kuja, cloud is a clone of sephiroth and then u have zidane which is a special type of genome you can clearly see here the similaritys they were trying to copy off FF7 which i found wrong because i thought FF7 had a much better plot unlike 9. I know it was the last game on the playstation and i know that sqaure was trying to make a final fantasy that resembled the others but they didnt have to steal some ideas from other storylines onto this game. This is only my opion some people like it and some people hate it, but there is no need to get nasty about it im only speaking my mind.

ALEXANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 77
    i really HATE THIS GAME!!!! i am a big fan of the other final fantasy especially 7, 8. 10,
    IX really isn't as great as everyone's been saying like you i prefered
    VII and VIII but come on how can you like X it was so stupid
    atleast 10x worse than IX
    I think after IX they wont make any good games.

i totally agree with adam and what he says i back him 100% but every body is only speaking their minds and we all have the right to do this