Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl Power what Power!!!!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You two are going way off topic. Take your flirting to PM or IM please.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Pie!

okay, fine, just one more.

....................................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Pie!
    GOOD ONE!

X and X-2 dont go comparing them on two deferent bases i consider X and X-2 one game really they kinda did need a sequel because tidus in the ocean at the end that did not solve alot hes still stuck in spira missing old zanarkand stuck in the middle of the ocean and well X-2 i dont know how else they reeally could of made a game maby a movie would solve that but a game just for the whole yuna missing tidus thing the X and X-2 game (as i consider them one game) was my favorite storyline but im not gonna go off topic talking about something else now anyways X was the winner but there are some who like X-2 over X thats all i got to say

x-2 was a poor game but it wasn't THAT bad. yes square really went down but i still couls play it there were some good parts!!!
    i love the idea of the dresspheres!! goes back!
    plus i loved the costumes!! loved yunas new one!!!
    also the sidequest thing made it good!!! sometimes i wished i could skip a bit that was boring...and now i can! (if i don;t want ot complete it 100%) like the desert! i foud it very dull digging for tresure....so i didn't! yeay!

Trust No one

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The best way to play ffx-2 is laughing.

I liked it-- I *wanted* to get tidus back (ffx's ending makes me cry:/).

I found the stuff about vegnagun and spira's past interesting. The girl power stuff was cheezy, but when Rikku's in charge, honestly, what do you expect?

The music was different. Now, after being exposed to both of them, it reminds me of some of the music in Trigun. I'm not entirely sure why, but that's the impression I got when watching it-- 'hey now.. is this the old west or spira? @.@@@@@@@@' It was made to fit the theme of 'w00t we are GIRLS'

But seriously, it was made for mostly two reasons:

1) to make people like me feel better after ffx (*wails*), and
    2) to make money.

You go into it knowing that both of these are true, and you take it at face value. Treat it like a game, not some sacred porceline doll that you shouldn't touch in case it'll break.

FFX-2 won't break, and it can stand being roughed around. The side-stories are just as important as the main storyline (there ARE other people in spira besides yuna, and we deserve to know about them as well) and in some cases much more. . . fulfilling (bevelle chapter 5, case in point)

Obviously, if I like it as well as I do, it wasn't a failure.

rubah, i totally believe in what you say.

i totally agree with adam and what he says i back him 100% but every body is only speaking their minds and we all have the right to do this

ff10 rules

when i play the game i just see it as a bit of fun really, if i try and take the plot seriously i know i wont like the game, but cuz i just go into it to have a bit of fun i enjoy it, cuz thats what i see it as, a fun game.

FFx rules though
    "We cling to out secrets, our doubts, our memories... We're never able to put them aside. Even though they confuse us, there are some things we can only find in that confusion. I think... Its okay to feel that way" Yuna *FFX-2*

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 77
    what has happend to square was it the name change or what? square soft to square enix whats up with that?
    have you heard of a little something called a merger?

How long has it been raining?

...Forever.

Okay, I'm just going to take a few deep breaths so I can regain some self control. I haven't finished FFX-2 but I'm on chapter 5, so it can't get THAT bad in the last half of chapter 5, can it? I mean, please, the girl power thing gets a little annoying after a while, but if it wasn't there you'd be over here complaining about something else, like lack of enthusiasm or something... Now I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really think X-2 was at the very least decent. It by far didn't make the standards of X, but few RPGs do. While the new, more jazzy style of music can get on your nerves if you stay in one place for a while, such as the Thunder Plains or Djose Temple, it was, to say the least, fitting. I kinda wish they had Uematsu do the music for this one though... While anyone could say that the graphics were the same, I don't think they used the good, and I mean, really good graphics as often as in X, only for really special things such as the intro and the (SPOILER)Thunder Plains concert. I'm not sure if that's really a spoiler but I'll do it just to be sure. While Yuna's new personality is annoying around the beginning, you learn that that's a wonderful addition to the story, that she has begun a new life, a new story. Overall, I think it is a decent game and can't wait to see the ending.

~Fox

You know, i think you're only complaining because you're a boy, and you think that, to have some action, a game must have boys fighting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily52
    You know, i think you're only complaining because you're a boy, and you think that, to have some action, a game must have boys fighting in it.
    well said lol

i thought it was good that the main characters where all female,

i think that the game appeals more to girls then to boys for Emily52's reason lol
    "We cling to out secrets, our doubts, our memories... We're never able to put them aside. Even though they confuse us, there are some things we can only find in that confusion. I think... Its okay to feel that way" Yuna *FFX-2*

Quote Originally Posted by DaggerFlux
    well said lol
    i thought it was good that the main characters where all female,
    i think that the game appeals more to girls then to boys for Emily52's reason lol
    Thankyou for backing me.