Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NASA discovers Asteroid

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar Pluto Knight VII
    But I don't think we needed to get out Holy and Lifestream if it was going to hit us (FFVII).
    OLOLOL JOEkkekekekekek.
    I was personally rooting for the asteroid to hit the planet, b/c it would be cool to see that. But I wouldn't want too many people to die. I would have liked to have been watching the news to see what NASA would do to handle it.
    Yeah 2 milliards dead, but wait! Unhuman people can watch others in agony!

Wait a FF7 quote:

"Messa FAT N STOOPID":Barret LAFF NOW.

I heard that people with sick fantasies might try to hit the asteroid off course with a nuclear bomb so it would hit us. I hope you dont grow up into such a person, Weimar.
    ~Americans dont suck, they just try to look like they suck...some of them.~

Oh, that'd be lovely. Nah, but seriously, the united states alone, at this moment, has enough nuclear explosives to destroy this world. I'm not talking 'kill everything'. I'm talking "Blast the atmosphere into space, boil every ounce of water on the planet, and turn the surface into a purely liquid state." type damage. Of course, the part where it knocks us out of orbit and sends us spiraling into the nearest super-gravity would suck, too. (either sun or jupiter- whichever we're knocked in the direction of).
    We could take anything the smaller than our moon
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

Doors, I don't have a sick fantasy. The Meteorite will do what it will, but I want life to be more interesting. I wouldn't want senseless tragedy, but humans being able to face the problem and destroy the asteroid.

Doors, I don't have a sick fantasy. The Meteorite will do what it will, but I want life to be more interesting. I wouldn't want senseless tragedy, but humans being able to face the problem and destroy the asteroid.
    "I like murdering people and eating their guts but I dont have a sick fantasy"

whatever, doors. You want to see stuff that isn't there? Okay, then.

If it did take a chunck out of the planet (as stated earlier) then you would have plenty to worry about. The sudden change in mass would cause the Earth to shift from its rotational axis an possibly its obital path around the sun and completely change the climate. I love things like this. I'm really excited about it hitting the Earth.

i dont want that to happen. i just wanted it on course with earth so that we'd have to do something about it.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Why would you ever wish something like that? That's like wishing someone would hold a knife to your mother's throat.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Okay, I see your logic. I shouldn't hope that.

I wasn't wishing for it to happen, though! I only wish for good things.

i dont want that to happen. i just wanted it on course with earth so that we'd have to do something about it.
    yeah and when it comes and it says its bound for oklahoma i will curse you then be in Alaska within 6 hours :P.It kinda sucks that evolutioon has to start all over if it hits us.Anyway by then we should've left our cradle earth.I mean we know how to create artificial gravity WhyTF doesn't Nasa do it.Man I'll make a company that'll build the first space station with artificial gravity.
    Last edited by lordblazer; 02-24-2005 at 04:35 AM.

Okay, it's been a while, but as I recall, this asteroid wasn't going to be that bad. If it would hit, the impact would be more than an atomic bomb, but I don't remember hearing that this one would cause human extinction.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm not so worried... It could be much worse. It could hit Ohio, then I'd be pissed. But since I won't, I'm not worried.

But seriously, getting freaked out about this is pointless... Nasa has been wrong A LOT! It was sorta like when they confirmed that Nibiru existed and then all that hype about armageddon was goin to happen. In 20 years, we'll have recreated a miniture deathstar - capable of blowing up large cities or asteroids.

Yeah, I wouldn't want it to hit Ohio, either. Ohio is fine the way it is, b/c it's a red state!

I was going to say a joke about it hitting where NASA is so they'd REALLY want to fulfill one of their mission statements, but then I read that the hq is in dc. Especially if a Republican is in office, I definitely wouldn't want the asteroid anywhere near there! Then I read that NASA has a lot of field installations, only one is in Houston (we have a problem!).

Did you know that NASA doesn't even have a real administrator right now? Ugh, I hope that's the only bad thing about NASA right now.

Edit by cl_out: Not appropriate, especially in this particular subforum. Keep it somewhere private if you have to. Applies to you too, Weimer, with regards to what provoked this response.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkey3
    live for today, because there wont be any tomorrow.
    "Sha na nana nana, live for today..."
    - The Grassroots, "Let's Live For Today"

I would think that by 2029 we would have figured out anything we could do to destroy such an object. However, since it seems it won't actually hit, I plan to be watching