Thread: I can't play videos!!!

Default I can't play videos!!!

I was wondering if anyone knew why I can't get any videos to play on my Windows Media Player? It doesn't matter what file type, cause none of them will play. I can get the sound, but nothing else. This also goes for videos I want to play in winamp. It won't play 'em. I don't know terribly alot about how computers work, but would it have anything to do with the fact I accidentally downloaded SP2 (i can explain if you want) or the fact I am now REALLY low on hard drive space?
    It doesn't matter what any of us is looking for,we'll never find it,
    because it's not even there

~hayden~
    Some people are like SLINKIES, they are of no real use, but you can't help but smile when one tumbles down the stairs.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you download/install any codec packs recently? They're brilliant at messing up your video codecs if you blindly install them randomly I'd suggest removing them all first, then downloading and individually installing decent codecs like DivX, XviD, and ffdshow to fix being able to play most things again.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

No, I haven't downloaded anything out of the ordinary, except SP2. I'll see what I can find, and remove them. Thanks for your help

~hayden~
    Some people are like SLINKIES, they are of no real use, but you can't help but smile when one tumbles down the stairs.

well i have given up, i am having an 80GB hard drive put in and windows reinstalled. I hope this will fix my problem. If not, i will probably just stab my self . thanks again. (P.S. I realize i am double posting but the difference in dates i figure it didn't matter, if it does, i wont do it again) Ta Ta.

~hayden~