View Poll Results: fav. character ELIMINATION round 3...vote for your least favorite

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aeris

25 30.86%
  • Barrett

21 25.93%
  • Cid

4 4.94%
  • Cloud

5 6.17%
  • Red XII

4 4.94%
  • Vincent

1 1.23%
  • Yuffie

21 25.93%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: fav. character ELIMINATION round 3...vote out your least favorite

You don't hate Cloud enough to do that, battousai. I bet that's what happened to Tifa, who is hot, very well character developed, and if you equip on her the strength ring and develop her limits, she is very strong before you get something like Omnislash. Oh well.

(You probably shouldnt argue with me about Tifa, battousai. We'd cross the thin line into spamming, and I don't want to do that.)

No, actually I really like Cloud...

But you've got a point. Let's not get started on Tifa...

The people who voted for Cid and Cloud should explain their reasoning. Do you think they got confused on who to vote for? I mean, I'd die if someone said, "Well, I voted for Cloud b/c he's weak."

I really don't understand why you hate Tifa so much.

But whatever. It's good to know that Aeris is going down! Serves you Tifa haters right.
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Serves you Tifa-lovers right that she's ALREADY GONE

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default I couldn't resist this one.

(SPOILER)Serves you Aeris-lovers right that she's DEAD

Ah, that felt good.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ouch. That stings. Fair enough...But atleast Aeris is still close in tow...
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    (SPOILER)Serves you Aeris-lovers right that she's DEAD

*yawn*

~ On disc one I use a party of Tifa, Aerith and Cloud. Aerith and Tifa because they are my favourite characters and Cloud because I have to. Aerith becomes almost as strong with physical attacks as Tifa is as disc one progresses and eventually surpasses her with them.

I think Aerith is useless to you Raistlin because you refuse to use or even see her potential. It is of course within your rights to do so but don't be surprised if your opinions that she is useless and that your own healing methods are more effective in battle if you think that are met with disbelief

Aerith has the potential to become one of the strongest, most versatile characters on disc one and if used properly soon starts to realise that potential and strengthens it more and more depending on how long the player wants to spend on disc one.

Tifa is strong yes but as much as I like her, her looks, character and personality I still have to admit that she isn't as versatile and whatever she can do damage wise with her limits Cloud, Cid, Barret can do better. I think Yuffie might be able to eventually too since her some of her limits hit more times than Tifa's chain but I'm not certain of that Whatever she can do with healing skills and magic Aerith, Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith can do better. Tifa also doesn't have very good stats apart from speed. She has a high strength but there are other characters that have higher and she has high speed which is good, even I have to admit that is something she has in advantage over Aerith since Aerith's speed stat is atrocious ( I think only Barret has the potential to be slower ) However Aerith has better magic ( useful for taking out whole groups of enemies with ease) magic defence ( even though that doesn't matter since at GameFAQs it is said that magic defence is broken and has no effect in FFVII due to a bug but the amount of damage taken by magic is determined by spirit instead) spirit, vitality and magic points. Yes her strength is lower than Tifa's but by equipping her with a weapon that has high attack power and removing her from the back row the damage that she deals comes very close to Tifa with basic physical attacks and eventually surpasses it thanks to the Umbrella and the Princess Guard. Especially the Princess Guard.

The Umbrella often surpasses the damage Tifa does because it has a high critical attack to enemies rate but the Princess Guard has triple attack power

"Outside of the actual game issues, she was also nigh a slut. She was constantly throwing herself at Cloud and acted on whim rather than rational thought."

Constantly throwing herself at Cloud? Now, now Raistlin don't exaggerate She only asks Cloud out once, only refers to the date again once in Midgar and then after Midgar she doesn't even have to be in your party so not much opportunity for her to romance Cloud there is there? Then after that there is the date of course but having Aerith there is down to the player's actions so if Aerith appears there and the player doesn't want her it's the player's fault not hers

Also you are not saying that not using rational thought makes one a slut are you? :o If you did then wouldn't you be calling other characters sluts too since other characters than Aerith had their irrational moments in the game? Some even more so irrational than some of Aerith's.
    Last edited by ~Tenderness~; 01-03-2005 at 11:23 AM.
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

Yuffie needs to be taken out of the picture. She annoys me in every way possible.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Michi:

1. How is Barret more versatile than Tifa(or anyone, really)? He has next to no magical abilities. Tifa has moderate-good magical abilities and a decent limit break.

2. How the hell is Aeris versatile? She's a pure freakin' magic-user that's incredibly weak physically.

Whatever she can do with healing skills and magic Aerith, Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith can do better.
    Yes, but whatever Aeris can do for damage, Tifa and everyone else can do much better.

The Umbrella often surpasses the damage Tifa does
    Not if you also equip Tifa's joke weapon(Work Gloves).

Constantly throwing herself at Cloud? Now, now Raistlin don't exaggerate
    I'm not. After the Midgar episode, have you seen the date at the Gold Saucer(if you were unlucky enough to get her)? *puke*
    Oh, also, she flirts some more at the Temple of the Ancients.

I notice you didn't reply to my statement of her acting without rational thought.

~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Michi
    Raist! <3 ~~~

1. How is Barret more versatile than Tifa(or anyone, really)? He has next to no magical abilities.
    I'm not calling Barret versatile

Tifa has moderate-good magical abilities and a decent limit break.
    This is true

What I meant is that I find Tifa less versatile than the likes of Aerith, Yuffie, Caith Sith and Red XIII.

2. How the hell is Aeris versatile?
    For starters Aerith's limits are more versatile than Tifa's in the sense that unlike Tifa attacking isn't all that she can do. With Aerith there are choices. Aerith can cast offensive status spells, cast support status spells, cure status effects, revive allies, completely restore hit points and magic points, make everyone in the battle party invincible.

Aerith is able to do all that without the magic or item command *and* attack, use the magic and the item command and other commands that can be added to a character through the use of materia. One of the places where her ability to use the skills that she can before factoring in the magic, item and other commands is an asset is in the battle arena if the magic and item commands get broken, whereas other characters would be either be useless ( Cloud, Barret, Tifa, no way of healing) or quite limited in the healing ( Yuffie, better than the rest of them at healing apart from Aerith but is still limited to only one limit skill for healing, Red XIII able to absorb a small amount of hit points and magic points through a limit skill, Cid same as Red XIII, Vincent hit points restored when he transforms and Caith Sith healing skill available through Slots) and support department ( Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Barret, Cid, Yuffie no character support skills. Red XIII can cast haste and raise stats, Caith Sith has status boosting skills available through slots) by that happening Aerith is not

She's a pure freakin' magic-user that's incredibly weak physically.
    No she isn't I don't call the potential to hit for 9999 before anyone else does incredibly weak physically

Yes, but whatever Aeris can do for damage, Tifa and everyone else can do much better.
    Only with offensive limit breaks.

Not if you also equip Tifa's joke weapon(Work Gloves).
    Work Gloves are nice Yes with their higher attack power Work Gloves are better than the Umbrella Do you know if they also have a high critical attack rate?

However by the time Tifa gets the Work Glove Aerith can also equip the Princess Guard which although it has less attack power than both the Umbrella and the Work Glove boosts Aerith's magic and spirit stats and can power up to triple the damage she deals with physical attacks

Also the Umbrella can be obtained the first time the party visits the Gold Saucer meaning that if you get it then Aerith has the strongest weapon possible to have in the inventory at that time in the game and it will have a higher attack power than any of the other characters weapons for quite a while :O

I'm not. After the Midgar episode, have you seen the date at the Gold Saucer(if you were unlucky enough to get her)? *puke*
    Oh, also, she flirts some more at the Temple of the Ancients.
    Ok so that's four times xD Still not constantly How about the times Tifa romances Cloud? Does that make her slutty? I don't think so.

As for the date I'm not sure which part of it you are referring to. Do you mean the part where she explains to Cloud that she knows there is a difference between Zack's personality and his, that the Zack part bothered her and that she wants to get to know the Cloud part better? Or the part when they come off the gondola where she asks if Cloud would like to go out with her again? Or something else that doesn't have anything to do with the gondola events at all xD

What is sickening about any of that? Would it have sickened you if Tifa had told Cloud she loved him on the Cloud and Tifa date?

Personally though I think I'm going to like Yuffie's the best out of the three girl dates and I'll probably find the Barret date amusing I've had the Tifa date and I liked it but I had less player choices during it than the Aerith date

I notice you didn't reply to my statement of her acting without rational thought.
    That's because I'm not saying she isn't irrational at times Aerith might be one of my favourite characters ever but that doesn't mean I think she is perfect. Same with Tifa.

Aerith was indeed irrational at times. So was Tifa such as at the time she rushed off into the mountains as a child and the time she tried to get revenge on Sephiroth. Both of which incidents ended up with her being badly hurt. Or the time that she left four year old Marlene alone in charge of the bar xD In real life people can get in trouble with the law for leaving little kids alone like that and I don't think that saying that you had to go help blow a place up would help matters xDD

Now I don't think less of Tifa for any of that Just acknowledging that those events exist. Just as I acknowledge the events where Aerith acts less well than she should have exist As well as being irrational at times I think both girls act insensitive at times such as Aerith with Barret the first time the party visits the Gold Saucer and Tifa with Red XIII in the Gold Saucer before the date event. Although in the Gold Saucer Aerith was trying to help but it didn't work and I can admit that. As for Tifa I don't think she was trying to be mean

Also Raist why are you using an avatar of Yuna from FFX-2? xDDD Knowing some of the things you've said about that game it's creeping me out that you're using an avatar of a character from it xDDD~
    Last edited by ~Tenderness~; 01-03-2005 at 03:26 PM.
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

I dont understand why everyone hates Aeris and/or Tifa
    unlike Barrett or Nanaki they're important to the plot
    I love them both (Aeris more ) but I don't hate either
    get rid of the freaks (ie Barrett, Nanaki)

We may aswell get rid of all but Cloud/Vincent
    they'll be the last 2 anyway

I hope Vincent wins he's the coolest

I'm thinking Cloud and Cid will be last.

Unless people change their mind, Yuffie is gonna get at least 13 votes again, and then we'll see how many more people vote for her. The last cute girl or one of the original Midgar heroes. . . I don't know who I'd rather want out.

Hey, all you who voted for Aeris: vote for Vincent next

Is it me, or does it seem that almost everyone who likes Tifa hates Aeris and almost everyone who likes Aeris hates Tifa?

What's wrong with liking both of them? They were both important to the story and both had likable personalities.

and wtf @ Yuffie getting like 10 votes in last day or so?