Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A large disapointment

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    *checks for mullet*

*mullet check negative*

No, I have not.

If this is true, though, it might be worth braving the unwashed masses to really rip Wal-Mart off.

Things I've returned to Wal Mart:

1) An opened, broken Lexmark 3 in 1 that I had for 3 months until my bro spilled Dr pepper on it and fried it. I got a brand new one.

2) Diablo II because when I opened it and put it in I realized the network firewall wouldn't allow me to play online. I got a full refund.

3) A CD player that I opened up and used for 3 days, then decided I didn't want it. I got a full refund.

4) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City after I played it for 2 months. I got a full refund.

5) A PS1 when I had it for almost a year and my bro broke it. I got a brand new one.

6) A PC mic that I broke on accident, and I deicided I didn't use anyway. I got a full refund.

7) Those cheap little $30 wannabe digi cams that take 640X480 crap images. I got a full refund both times which I took them back after usingf them for a week.

8) A television that was not plugged into a surge protector and got ruined by a storm while I was gone. I had it for 5 months. I got a brand new one.

9) Mario Sunshine that someone bought for me, but after playing it for 3 days I realized that I hated it. I got the money for it, thus I made money.

10) Many other things I can't remember at the moment.

I have never once been told "sorry, we can't take that back because *reason*" at Wal Mart.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    as far as I know, Guild Wars plans on supporting itself by pumping out expansions (called chapters) like there's no tomorrow. I may be wrong, though.

But you don't need to buy the chapters to play. You can just buy the initial game and never buy another chapter.

Yeah, theoretically. How many people will be able to resist new classes/armor/lands/etc, though? It's not a bad business model, really.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    But you don't need to buy the chapters to play. You can just buy the initial game and never buy another chapter.
    Not necessarily. In most MMORPGs I've played(two of them), you've had to buy the majority of the expansions.

...which ones?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The only two I've played: UO and EQ.

Blog Entries

This is from the guild wars site. "Am I required to buy the expansion packs to continue to play Guild Wars?

No. Every purchase you make in the continuation of the Guild Wars saga will be your choice. If you purchase expansion packs you will gain access to new regions of the world, new skills and abilities, new items, new professions, and much more. However, if you choose to not purchase a chapter, you will still be able to play the chapters of Guild Wars that you own, and you will have common areas in which you will be able to play with and against your friends who have purchased the other chapter(s)."

"Will I remain competitive if I do not buy the expansion packs? Will I be able to compete with and against others if I have only some of the Guild Wars chapters?

Yes. Purchasing the newer chapters of Guild Wars will not make you strictly more powerful. You will have access to many more strategic options, due to the expanding nature of the skills, abilities, items and professions that you enjoy with each chapter. It would be similar to building a deck in Magic: The Gathering™: The more cards you own, the more different playing decks that you can choose from to use in the game. When you buy the chapters of Guild Wars, you will acquire a larger collection of skills and abilities from which to build your skill set, but you will not gain more power. So if you purchase a chapter and your friend does not, you will still be able to play competitively against and with one another."