Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A large disapointment

Angry A large disapointment

Sigh...... I recently bought a copy of the game World of Warcraft. As I going to install it I was reading the game booklet. I was reading the part on account creations when I saw these wirds:
    When you purchase World of Warcraft, you also recieve a free trial period during which you can play the game free of charge. At the end of this trial, you will have to assume the monthly subscription fee in order to continue playing World of Warcraft.
    I was flabergasted. (Its my word of the day) We the buyers are already paying for our internet service, and we bought the game itself.
    And yet Blizzard still wants us to pay them just to play the game we bought? That seems a little unfair dont u think?
    Then I thought, well mabey I should just see how much it costs to play this game. Mabey its not a big deal. A small amount, simply to help keep up the sites and servers. How wrong I was. $29.95 a damn month.
    Thats 30 dollars a month to pay a game that we bought.
    If u think about it, they realy dont need that big of a fee if they are to have one at all. Thousands of people world wide are paying them to play their game.
    So the only thing I see here is a big greedy disapointment. PLease tell me your opinions, or if u think im wrong.
    Embarce the darkness within. That is where true power is waiting.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Most MMORPGs have a pay 2 play policy, so it's no surprise to me.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

I was really dissapointed when I found out you had to pay money for food and crank, too.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It just really sucks. Being Blizzard, you would expect it to be free like battle.net. $30 is a lot to pay for an online game.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    It just really sucks. Being Blizzard, you would expect it to be free like battle.net. $30 is a lot to pay for an online game.
    Holy sh*t blizzard is crazy.But think of the money their fanboys are going to bring in.
    Thats 360$ per year and most likely thinking that most of them will play it for 3 years it would be 1080$ per fanboy.And think of the amount of people that are Blizzard fanboys.

Blizzard has the money rolling in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    Most MMORPGs have a pay 2 play policy, so it's no surprise to me.
    But most MMORPGs cost between $10-$15 a month not $30. I was very sad when I saw that it will cost money to play. That's why I'm waiting for guild wars to come out. It's going to have no monthly charge.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Doors
    Holy sh*t blizzard is crazy.But think of the money their fanboys are going to bring in.
    Thats 360$ per year and most likely thinking that most of them will play it for 3 years it would be 1080$ per fanboy.And think of the amount of people that are Blizzard fanboys.

Blizzard has the money rolling in.
    I guess they kinda have to start now, seeing as they release a game once in a blue moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    I was really dissapointed when I found out you had to pay money for food and crank, too.
    Yes.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

30 dollars a month? I'm glad I bought Everquest 2 instead.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

$30 a month THAT'S NUTS! I wat to play MMORPGs butbecause of pay 2 play I can't but if I did I'd stick to FFXI and Phantasy Star Online screw WOW.

Help me choose plz.

does everquest make u pay to play? and if so how much? what about the diablo series? I need more information before I return to walmart and exchange World of Warcraft for a different game.
    Embarce the darkness within. That is where true power is waiting.

Every online game I've ever heard of is pay to play, although $30 a month is steep (about twice what they usually are). Anyway, the only "online" games I know of that are free are Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo, and Diablo II. And even then, they're not really online games, rather just games with online capability. You get the same experience online or offline, there are just other people there (sometimes) on the online games.
    Sig under construction.

Any online game with user operated servers is free.

Any online game with servers owned and operated by a company is usualy pay to play.
    Word/s.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    But most MMORPGs cost between $10-$15 a month not $30.
    That's true. But Blizzard knows how to earn money. Thousands of people still play Diablo II. Why they do, I'll never know.

Shadow, I'm gonna keel you for that comment.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Ohhhh BURN big geez you just got SCHOOLED!

1)Too bad that WoW costs $13-$15 per month depending on how far in advance you play. Otherwise your little sob story might have some merit.

2) Wal-Mart is almost certainly not going to take back an open game.

3) You suck for shopping at Wal-Mart in the first place.

4) You're also naive for thinking that a MMORPG is not going to have a monthly charge. Furthermore, it says quite clearly on the box that it is pay to play. You might as well complain that you bought Doom3 and it didn't work on your Pentium 1.

5) Finally, if any of you think World of Warcraft should be free, you have NO idea as to how much work goes into these games. The development NEVER STOPS. They have no reason to keep people employed full-time working on this game for you if you're not going to pay.