Thread: How to beat ruby weapon without time consuming leveling

Thumbs up How to beat ruby weapon without time consuming leveling

I was easily able to defeat Ruby weapon at level 65 which is a far cry from the "required level off 99" most people beat him at... It is all about strategy... First I will list the required items

Items
    -Sprint shoes
    -Knights of the Round+Hp absorb
    -Mime
    -Elemental+Ultima(or comet 2 both work fine)

Thats right no ribbons, final attack, mastered materia, or anything that requires massive amount of leveling.

Now here is where the subtle difference comes that puts ruby weapon from impossibility to easy.... and i dont mean sephiroth with knights of the round easy I mean Air buster with knights of the round.....

What you do is kill off everyone but cloud and have him equipped with all the said items... 9999 hp isnt required either i went in with 8659 and never dropped below 2000+ hp with 2 characters dead ruby plants his tendrils in the ground. With his tendrils planted he does two things ruby beam and ultima. ultima is a counterattack to what i say is knights of the round but that is beacuse i didnt use any other attacks on him.
    The tendrils attackwith mp sucking of status changing damage. so the first order of business cast Kotr on them. Ruby yanks them up after the casting giving you enough time to mim it w/o any damage take. because his tendrils are up the most he can do is cast comet 2 (thats where elemental comes in) physical attack and big swing. none of these can do any huge damage so mime the kotr and he will take 80-100k damage he will then throw his claws back in mime again and it will kill his claws. He will do this one final time you shouldn't even take damage for the first 3 kotr castings on ruby himself. After this ruby will begin to immediately attack with big swing physical attacks or comet 2. Comet 2 is only worriable if you don't have many stars on your elemental materia even so i took a full no miss comet 2 and came out of it with 2000 some odd damage. with Hp absorb on kotr it was no problem.

You can beat it at a even lover level, if you keep paralising it with a item whichs name I can't remember. This way you won't have to get a gold chocobo first.

Quote Originally Posted by GLR
    You can beat it at a even lover level, if you keep paralising it with a item whichs name I can't remember. This way you won't have to get a gold chocobo first.
    Do dazers work then on Ruby weapon?
    I'l try that right away, thanks

Its no item.
    Its hades.But maybe dazers works too.

Oh yeah, it was dazers.

I don't even think that you need the elemental materia...

Oh and GLR... Yht eh nacbuhca du ouin cek, E ryja upjeuicmo bmyoat Vehym Vyhdyco Q duu silr!

Quote Originally Posted by battousai9439
    I don't even think that you need the elemental materia...

Oh and GLR... Yht eh nacbuhca du ouin cek, E ryja upjeuicmo bmyoat Vehym Vyhdyco Q duu silr!
    Mum

Post Elemental

The element materia helpped me stop a little of the comet 2 damage. That's why i used it. I actually didn't save thekill and went back today to do it again only this time i did it with cid because I had his "scimitar" (I think that's the name) the weapon with triple growth. and i put Kotr and mime in it. I mastered mime and have almost 3 stars on knights. I am going to attempt to defeat emerald now. Just so you know this is the third time i have beaten the game only this time I plan on doing it all.... thank you for the dazer/hades add I had absolutely no idea he could be paralyzed.

-EDIT-

Ok i deafeated emerald. I found him to be easy, but you have to have a few more things. First I gave up on the equipping the least amount of materia possible with the bare minimums his revenge stamp + aire tam storm still did well over 9999 damage. So i forgot about it. ok here is the needed things.

Sprint shoes
    Knights of the Round(2 star minimum RUBY WEAPON!!) + Hp absorb
    Final attack + Pheonix
    W-summon(optional)
    Mp turbo + Bahumet ZERO
    Mime X 2 (use the scimitar mentioned earlier it makes it soooo much easy, but it is optional)

Ok the strategy changes pending on your situation. First if you have threes stars on KotR then simply W-summom KothR 2 times on him miming until he kills you the first time. I was able to drop KotR 10 times before i died. Then cast W-summom KotR + Bahumet ZERO. Heal your Mp if you need to.
    If you only have 2 stars then W-summon KotR + bahumet Zero. You will most likely need the Underwater materia for this. I was able to beat it with the 20 min time limit but i have 3 stars. eventually (read that forever and a day later) you will have mimed that for you tenth time
    and he will revenge stamp arie tam storm. your final attack saves you and does an amazing 3000 damage!!!!!! ...... cast W-summon Bahumet ZERO + kotR i think I only had to do it 2 more times.... and he died mastering my Knights of the round.... and my bahumet Zero. In fact if you are really lucky youll do what i did... I packed the other characters with useless hard to level hateria (all the summons commands I could etc etc) and i was able to kill emerald before he killed them again...) Ruby and Emerald go me Master summom materia alone... If anyone knows any better ways to kill the weapons please post These ways worked well for me... there could be better ways.
    Last edited by Sidu; 01-04-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Thank you, I have been havig immense problesm with him. Now i shall give him a good shot

dood emerald is way too easy.. truth be told.

all you need for him is

kotr + mime/w-summon.. or both.. your choice..
    if your kotr lacks stars, make sure you have ultima+quadra magic..
    final attack+phoenix.. in case you don't follow the tips

at the start, you just have to cast haste on all of you.. no need to have sprint shoes

then always cast regen if you have the time..

to beat emerald easily, timing is the way. all you have to do is to time your kotr/ultima+quadra when emerald shows his 4 bulbs

that way all 4 of it gets busted right away, so you don't need to worry about the air tam and that stupid mp bashers XD personally I'm more pissed on the mp bashers than on the air tam

when your timing is off, you'll get a face full of all his 4 bulbs, plus a finale of air tam.. just hope your MP is juiced enough for a final attack, or else it's bye-bye I beated emerald without him using any air tams on me

on materias, you need only equip the said ones.. and maybe some of your likings.. just make sure you equip independent materias like hp up.. it will help you a lot

and oh! to make it more fun, make sure your 3 characters are in Fury(item-hyper).. so that almost every time emerald attack, you're on limit break.. cool

just remember to refresh your mp everytime you use a spell that requires a lot of mp, and you'll be great. =bd
    Last edited by miles4lyf; 01-04-2010 at 04:38 AM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old thread is old. Please comply with the rules miles4lyf and don't revive old threads.