Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to shorten or remove the Guardian Forces sequences?

Default Is there any way to shorten or remove the Guardian Forces sequences?

With a game setting, gameshark code, or something else?

Also, does anyone know any sites (besides gamefaqs.com) that have a very (very) basic tutorial on junctioning and drawing in the game and a guide to play the game without using guardian forces (assuming you have to watch their sequences every time).

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

@.@ Just don't give anyone the GF ability. . .

They're not all that long. It's mostly so you can boost them and get their damage up tons higher. . .

There is a way to get around the GF summoning sequence - don't summon them. Simple. They don't do much anyway. The game will give you a very basic tutorial regarding junctioning, and drawing is easy. Get into battle, select Draw, select enemy, select the magic you want, select Stock or Cast.

lol yeah they are really long..eden man...i cloud probably go down and have dinner and by the time i got back..the dam thing would still be in sequence.there beautiful..but i got sick of summoning them..hmm..i dont think there is a way of getting round it sorry...but u dont relly need to summon them to be honest..u just need to junction them ^_^
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

...why the crap would you want to shorten them? Eden was the only one I managed to max boost with before the animation finished... Eliminating the animations would make your GF's so much weaker...
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I find GF's useful throughout the game for bosses and at the beginning of the game for random fights. But by the time you have the best GF's you can junction things like Auto-Haste, Initiative, and Stat-Atk-J, you can make mincemeat of most random enemies without resorting to summoning GF's.

Add the controller set to Memory and you can use brute force to pound away at the enemies until they're dead. At least that's my style of play.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I agree that the summoning sequences get tedious in during long battles (one of the reasons why I like X - you only have to summon Aeons once), but you can't shorten them - they occur in order for you to boost the GF's power. So don't watch the sequencs, start pounding away at that square button!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree that the summoning sequences get tedious in during long battles (one of the reasons why I like X - you only have to summon Aeons once), but you can't shorten them
    Couldn't agree more. I honestly hate the boost feature for it causing that. It should be more like the power up + 10% +20% +30% abilities where it doesn't effect animation time. After rewriting the GF page on the frontsite (which won't be uploaded until the site revamp is done) you start to think like, man, it would be so much more convient if boost wasn't in the game.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, but what if you want to use a GF that has a certain elemental attack so you don't completely kill an enemy?

If you're stronger than they are, and don't have item or magic junctioned, it can be sorta hard to take off hp without killing them. Solution? use quezacotl and shiva and the early ones and don't boost them.

one of my proudest accomplishments was boosting queza up to about 158. shiva doesn't get nearly as far, and hasn't yet.

But really, it was just a way to add interaction, at the cost of the tip of my left thumb. (it gets jammed really painfully into Select)

although it feels sorta cool when the vibration starts up and it rattles my teeth. because I have the other end of the controller against my chin. *shrugs* it's a fairly effective way of boosting.

What's that about using the square button to boost a guardian force's power? *sigh*

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boost is an ability that most GF's have that takes 10 points to learn. After learnt, if you hold down select during a summon, theres a timed event where you can push square at the right times to boost power or at the wrong times to lower power. My first time through I didn't know about it either but the second time I learned about it and saw the incredible difference it makes.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

To be honest if you don't know about boost, then I'm guessing you aren't going for a special type of play. In which case you really should be fine with HP-J and Str-J. I'm pretty sure you can give Squall both of those before leaving Garden. Leave characters on low health and keep pressing circle to get limit breaks, it's cheap, but Renzokuken with any kind of strength should walk you through the first three discs (Maybe four I usually stick at the end of disc three).

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    one of my proudest accomplishments was boosting queza up to about 158. shiva doesn't get nearly as far, and hasn't yet
    You should try harder I don't have a turbo controller and I manage to get Quezacotl to 180, Shiva gets about 200, Brothers and Siren can reach 220 on a good day, and most of the later GFs (Alexander, Bahamut, etc) average around 230. Just a note for FinalBob42 - Eden cannot be boosted higher than 255. Trying to do so will cause the counter to reset to 75. The same thing will happen if you try to boost while the white hand has a red X through it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

. . .

Eden refuses to be boosted past 250. It just stops adding numbers, and it has never reset it as far as I've seen.

now I feel like testing that-_-

Just loaded ff8 and summoned Eden.

250 max. No matter how many times I pushed square (when the red X wasn't there) it stayed on 250.

Don't know what version of the game you're playing

and now I must return to my dead imp. (those things are annoying-- they kept casting berserk on rinoa -_- and before that it was two stupid couerl things. I forget what they're called in ff8. kept casting lvl 5 death -_-)
    Last edited by rubah; 01-04-2005 at 11:20 PM.

You can only shorten the sequences in FFX. I recommend not using GFs at all. I don't mean not junctioning them, just not using the GF ability in battle!