Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: bad bands

i hate the Darkness they have all the musical talent of a fish with a banjo, it's time this overblown queen tribute band (i didn't even like queen) were put down and there guitars burned for being soiled with some of the worst rifts ever. He's a little message for the band " a higher pitch doesn't automaticaly make it better"
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know what sucks more than any of these bands? People who stop liking bands because everyone else says they suck.

I like Evanescence, and Avril's music. I wouldn't say any band is bad because if there are people who are made happy by their music then there's nothing wrong with them. I always wondered why people don't just NOT LISTEN to what they don't like, instead of spending half their lives obsessing over how much they "suck". Yeah. -_- [/rant]
    rawr

i like all types of music...except rap and that stuff
    i really think they have very little talent.
    i'm totally into NIN

Trust No one

If I offended anyone, sorry. Just callin' it as I see it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like aqua@.@; I dont' remember if I've heard their third cd, but their second one was quite a bit worse than their first:/

there's one I found onetime, I think it's called Beyond the Pale of the HOrizon. they were pretty bad. . .

JFK and the Conpipators-- just weird. . . Wilson Picket isn't my favorite, and most country artists as well. not a big fan of trapt, and I didn't like nofx until I heard their cover of Radio

Oh, horrible band: Molotov. one of their songs is called 'here we kum' and I am so serious. it's scary.

it's hard to pick bands that are bad:/ Mostly you think 'oh man they did that one song I hate' but it doesn't usually mean they're really bad. So much easier to pick bands that are good^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy the Clown
    -D12-Anyone associated with Eminem makes me sick.
    -All pop boy bands-Dance like a bitch, sing like a bitch, and get paid like a king?! What is wrong with this picture?!
    -Sugar Ray-Only preppies get Sugar Ray, and the Juggalos want to get Mark McGrath in their sights.
    -Dixie Chicks-More like the Traitor Chicks. I still haven't forgiven these hoes, and I never will.
    -Pearl Jam-A poor man's Creed, only dumber.
    -Europe-Three words: "The Final Countdown."
    -Poison-Believe it or not, I used to like these weirdoes in the 4th Grade. After that, though, I got my head straight.
    -Aqua-That's self-explanatory, wouldn't you say?

Those are the things I hate in the world of music groups.

I don't think ICP fans should be allowed to criticize anyone's taste in music.

That said, I personally don't much like Pearl Jam (overplayed, and Eddie Vedder is a dick) but they're far better than Creed, who just ripped them off and slapped Jesus on it.

Evanescence isn't really bad, but they're certainly overrated.

As for Linkin Park... I like the asian guy, the DJ, I don't remember his name. The rest suck. And like I've said before, Jay-Z isn't a very good rapper, much less a musician in general.

EDIT: Traitor Chicks -
    On March 5, 2003, Natalie Maines provoked controversy in America by saying, during a concert in London, that the band was "ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas". Maines is a native of Lubbock, Texas. Following the uproar and a boycott of their music, the singer attempted to clarify matters on March 12 with the statement "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world."

So that's traitorous, huh? Sadly, every day that passes makes me think I will see another american civil war in my lifetime... Part of a greater war against religous fundamentalism of all kinds, most likely.
    Last edited by Doomgaze; 01-01-2005 at 07:56 PM.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Musically, Rap and Hip-Hop are all terrible. I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. Almost all Rock is terrible. Almost all Pop is terrible. Almost all Country is terrible. Almost all R&B is terrible. Almost all Electronic music is terrible. Almost all Jazz is terrible. Almost all Blues is terrible. That leaves about 2% worthwhile music one can listen to. You find that level of worthwhileness in any kind of artform. Deal with it. Not everything is the greatest band ever. Oh, and I honestly believe that the music I listen to is better than Evanescence.

Sturgeon's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by gokufusionss1
    i hate the Darkness they have all the musical talent of a fish with a banjo, it's time this overblown queen tribute band (i didn't even like queen) were put down and there guitars burned for being soiled with some of the worst rifts ever. He's a little message for the band " a higher pitch doesn't automaticaly make it better"
    I'm not really a fan but I do love watching the Hawkins brothers soloing. I'd say they have more talent than a lot of bands based purely on their lead work, and the rest isn't atrocious, imo.

As for Evanescence being extremely talented, I'm not sure I'd totally agree there. I like Amy's voice, but they have no freakin riffs, it's all powerchords over and over not even done that brilliantly. The odd solo was a nice suprise, but nothing that really stood out.

As for bad bands, the Rasmus spring to mind, though the intro to In The Shadows was rather cool.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

You know what REALLY sucks? People who think if a band doesn't have a deffinate genre that it sucks and people that are so intent on being "hardcore" and "different" that they think any music on the radio sucks and they "sold out" just because they got discovered. That point aside, Amy Lee is an incredibly talented singer.
    **insert catchy sig**

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito
    That's a bit random. Like Aurey, I don't like Evanescence. In fact, I agree with you completely. However, it's not too wise to say so, on this board, specifically. People simply won't agree with you just because you say so. People like them, for whatever reason, and so let them do it. I like [strike]country[/strike] rap music, and people do nothing but make fun of me for it. I know that they're wrong, but telling them that really doesn't make much of a difference. The Evanescence fans here certainly will do the same...ignore you.
    EDIT: Nas > all
    Last edited by escobert; 01-01-2005 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    I don't think ICP fans should be allowed to criticize anyone's taste in music.
    First amendment, dawg. Someday, you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    You know what sucks more than any of these bands? People who stop liking bands because everyone else says they suck.

I like Evanescence, and Avril's music. I wouldn't say any band is bad because if there are people who are made happy by their music then there's nothing wrong with them. I always wondered why people don't just NOT LISTEN to what they don't like, instead of spending half their lives obsessing over how much they "suck". Yeah. -_- [/rant]
    Yea. I wonder bout that too. If you don't like them, why listen? The point please? And Yea, Evanescence is a great group. Avril, Yea, I like her better than Hilary Duff to be honest. I like Avril's song like, "Nobody's Home" That's a good song.

"Avril, Yea, I like her better than Hilary Duff to be honest."

I like Avril Lavigne better than having red hot pokers shoved into my eyes, doesn't make her good

Yea. Me 2. Phsyco obsessed Hilary Duff fans *My poor buddy Sarah* scare me. *Shivers* But oh well.