Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: bad bands

Simple Plan, Dashboard Confessional, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Yellowcard (having a violin player does not make you cool), the Rasmus, HIM etc. are all pretty awful for being quasi-talented pop-pushers for disillusioned teenagers trying to be different to the pop-addled teeny-bopper masses. Keane and Snow Patrol should be shot for being terminally dreary. Music for sheet soilers as Justin Hawkins said. Coldplay have gone downhill since their first single and probably should join them.

You know I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogs
    Simple Plan, Dashboard Confessional, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Yellowcard (having a violin player does not make you cool), the Rasmus, HIM etc. are all pretty awful for being quasi-talented pop-pushers for disillusioned teenagers trying to be different to the pop-addled teeny-bopper masses. Keane and Snow Patrol should be shot for being terminally dreary. Music for sheet soilers as Justin Hawkins said. Coldplay have gone downhill since their first single and probably should join them.

You know I'm right.
    Yeah, Coldplay was okay initially in 2000. Then like...they've rolled down a hill and never stopped. "Clocks" is good...but only because of the piano playing. The lyrics for the song are drab and I've never really found out why people thought they were the next U2. I don't hate them or anything, but they just seem like a much duller U2.

Oh yeah. I forgot about U2. They should be put down - it's the only humane thing. They've had a good run of it but watching them now is just painful.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, Evanescence isn't a teen band. I think Amy Lee is the youngest member, and she's 23.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dufflebag
    evanescence is just a bunch of posers. they are the worst thing to happen to music since linkin park except they have a singer and every person that likes one likes the other.evanescence can't decide if there pop or punk. i just think there are to many people who like bad music and i wanted to enlighten them.so sell your t-shirts and cds and by some good music.try something thats not on the radio yet.
    LP and Evanescence are my favourite bands... and they are great!!!! I like most of the bands and i just can come up wioth good bands like HIM, MAROON5, THE PIRATS, U2 and COLDPLAY!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hmm...let's see....99% of country music. Oh yeah...also, punk, rap, and most pop...pretty much anything popular among my age group.

Steps , S-CLUB 7 , POP!, Fast Food Rockers( cheesier than 50 tonnes of gorgonzola ... * vomits violently *), Hearsay ,Bros, Slipknot, Hanson ( vomits violently again) Oasis ( basically , two arrogant , common yobs trying to make good music )Big Brovaz, Milli Vanilli( I need a doctor ... ), Audio Bullys, oh , and ... the Cheeky Girls , for subjecting the public to their gutteral , mind-numbing drivel that their disillusioned fans call talent !!!!

Don't go hatin on Milli Vanilli
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

I like Switchfoot myself too. They're pretty cool. BTW, what happened to S Club 7? Did they quit?

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, there's a lot of stuff that I can't stand, but it's easy enough to avoid---except whenever I turn on the tv. I wish they'd play other things than rap, but there's nothing I can do about it, since I can't get MTV2---if it's any better.

That said, Simple Plan, Yellowcard, Avril, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Newfound Glory, and other bands that sound similar are annoying. Sum 41 goes in the same group. To me, it all sounds the same. Most, most of those lead singers are all nasaly voice that get on my nerves.

All country music. *sigh* It had to be said.

--Box Box Box Box

It seems like you totally misunderstood the concept of music.
    Music IS art, no matter when it was composed or what genre it is.
    No, sorry, but it isn't. Art requires deapth, pop music has no deapth. Therefore, pop music cannot be art. Some of today's music IS art, but there isn't alot of it, and very seldom will you hear it on the radio. That doesn't make a band bad, it just means that they aren't artists.

All country music. *sigh* It had to be said.
    I agree with this, for the most part. But, not ALL country music sucks. Have you ever heard Johnny Cash? I actually rather like old country music that sounds really really hokey. (Boxcar Willie, anyone?) Today's country music sucks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by §håd0w
    Don't go hatin on Milli Vanilli
    "Girl, you know it's-Girl, you know it's-Girl, you know it's-Girl, you know it's...."

The day Milli Vanilli died.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    No, sorry, but it isn't. Art requires deapth, pop music has no deapth. Therefore, pop music cannot be art. Some of today's music IS art, but there isn't alot of it, and very seldom will you hear it on the radio. That doesn't make a band bad, it just means that they aren't artists.
    You can't measure depth. There's no objective method to determine which music is the deepest. The best way is too just listen to the music. If it sounds cool, great.

A great example - Contemporary C;assical Music (Like what they play at art centers and such). This music is extremely deep (at least according to the people with mass knowledge of music theory who analyze it all day) but it sounds horrible.

It really, really irritates me to no end the way that some people will say that a band sucks because they "can't decide if they're pop or punk" or other things similar. Honestly, it is beyond me why everything has to have a damn label. Stop worrying over what effing stereotypical genre it fits in and just take it for what it is.

All that being said, I think Evanescence's music is great. I still like Linkin Park, but I really haven't heard anything too new.

Ok, the topic is bad bands, right? Well then here are some bands that I don't like.
    Good Charlotte
    Hanson
    Slipknot

Of course, just because I don't like them doesn't necessarily mean that they ARE bad, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Actually, Evanescence isn't a teen band. I think Amy Lee is the youngest member, and she's 23.
    I mean band that's fan base comprises almost entirely of teenagers. If I went to an Evanescence concert, I'd all of a sudden feel very, very old. Which is scary considering I'm only 20.