Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: bad bands

Queen Of The Moogles

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    http://avrilsux.tripod.com/quotes.html

Here's a page of quotes by Avril. She actually compared herself to Kurt Cobain, said she was punk, bragged about not wearing a helmet and knee pads when skating, and other silly stuff. There aren't any references, but I'm looking.

Oh yeah, and good proof with some references, as this is neither pro or anti Avril:

http://www.recroommagazine.com/articles/avril.htm

She called her self "hardcore" :rolleyes2

EDIT:

There.
    *CLAPS* Let's give a standing ovation for the fantastic people who made these websites!!!!! God has a place in heaven for you!!!!

When Avril was in the Z104 Lounge, she was playing the guitar. She sounded pretty decent in it. Z104 is my local station in Washington D.C.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by battousai9439
    The original punks protested and rebelled against the Reagan administration.
    Did you just say punk originated in the USA?

We just all need to shut up and listen to Bob Marley.
    Agreed.

Did you just say punk originated in the USA?
    Ive actually heard that alot. I have to disagree though. I personally think that punk was created in England and the Pistols were the origionals (too bad they are sell outs now )

It did originate in the UK; and I do believe Sex Pistols were the first to do so.

Anarchy in the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

Actually, there have been about 3 punk movements. Two in the US, and one in the UK.

The first one came in the late 60's, in the USA. It was pretty much the end result of many years of experimenting with progressive rock. This movement brought around bands such as The Velvet Underground, Iggy and the Stooges, MC5, and the Dictators.

The second movement was in the mid-70's, mostly coming from New York. This one brought bands such as Television, New York Dolls, Xray Spex, The Talking Heads, and the ever-famous Ramones.

The third movement is the one in UK. The 1976 Ramones tour of Britain heavily influenced the flood of new wave bands with their high-speed rock, bringing along with them the basics of the punk look and music. That's when the Sex pistols cam along, §håd0w...

I have to disagree. I consider The Stooges, MC5, Richard Hell etc. to be more like "pre punk" and the Ramones and The Sex Pistols formed around the same time.

Well... that's your opinion, I respect that.

Given the band broke up after there first real CD release, doesent this thread seem a little shallow to anyone?

In truth, I actually quite like some of Evanescances work. For example Haunted made its way into my playlist pretty damn quick. Of course, a lot of there work is just too depressing for me to stomache but that dosent mean I dislike them as a band.

I dislike there lead female singer just because she abandoned them so quick - and shes already in another band O_o

Then again I tend to like most anything that has decent lyrics and an actual tune to it, as long as its not annoying 'ghetto' culture or that perverted crap that passes for pop music of recent years, I'll probably like it.

:..2-2-7..:
    Our paths they did cross, though I cannot say just why
    We met, we laughed, we held on fast, and then we said goodbye
    And who'll hear the echoes of stories never told?

:..Experiment_227..:

I'm glad we're not all saying that popularity and good sales means "Good"
    Otherwise we'll have to claim an awful lot of bands s "bad"

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm glad we're not all saying that popularity and good sales means "Bad"
    Otherwise we'll have to claim an awful lot of bands s "good"

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto-Tribal

I dislike there lead female singer just because she abandoned them so quick - and shes already in another band O_o
    Abandoned them? Evanescence is due for another album later this year. Amy Lee only did a song(Broken) with Seether AFAIK. They also just performed this past New Years. If she abandones Evanescence, they wouldn't be much of a band anymore, they probably wouldn't keep the name Evanescence either.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto-Tribal
    Given the band broke up after there first real CD release, doesent this thread seem a little shallow to anyone?

In truth, I actually quite like some of Evanescances work. For example Haunted made its way into my playlist pretty damn quick. Of course, a lot of there work is just too depressing for me to stomache but that dosent mean I dislike them as a band.

Then again I tend to like most anything that has decent lyrics and an actual tune to it, as long as its not annoying 'ghetto' culture or that perverted crap that passes for pop music of recent years, I'll probably like it.

:..2-2-7..:

Actually, Amy Lee was always with them. :o It was their lead guitarist who left them. Amy Lee is the only reason they're still together, but originally it was Amy's and Ben's (the lead guitarist) band. Amy just did one song with her boyfriend's band.