Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are they really bad???

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Default Are they really bad???

Okay, everyone knows the fairy tale bad guys right? Big Bad Wolf, the Giant, etc... But are they really "bad"?

Example 1: "Jack and the Beanstalk", Jack goes and stels the Giant's stuff (golden harp, and the hen that lays golden eggs). SO like any normal person the Giant chases after Jack, but Jack deciedes after he climbs down, to chop the beanstalk. The Giant dies, but he was only trying to get the stuff that Jack had stolen. Wher is the justice.

Example 2: "THe Three Little Pigs", This should be called instead: "The three Selfish Neighbours Who are so Stingy that They kill the Wolf who had a cold and wanted to borrow some sugar" . Okay maybe the wolf had a cold? that could be why he was hufifng and puffing, so he goes to his neighbors, the three pigs, to borrow so sugar and they say "NO!", and then he sneezes. In the end he gets killed, poor guy.

My point is that maybe the "bad guys" are misunderstood in fairy tales, maybe they aren't so bad after all.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Some of them aren't bad, like that JAck and the BEanstalk example you gave. THE GIANT WAS A GENTLE SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The three little bears
    renamed: Little theif girl who could
    If i can remember correctly, the little girl, whatever her name was, BROKE into the bear's home, ATE thier food and sleep in their BED.
    How dare she?
    Who can break into another person's house and not get thier butts kicked?
    She's the baddy i think
    SHe deserved whatever happened *even though it didn;t*
    a scence from the simpsons should have occured, i think
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

The three bears - prime example. I mean, that girl was lucky those bears responded so leniently - had it been a rougher part of town (er, the country?) she may not have been so lucky. Come to think of it...i can't even remember what the moral of that story WAS. Don't break into people's houses and have the cheek to use it as a squat too?
    Also, hansel and gretel - had they not had such a strong fondness for refined sugary foods, things may not have had to happen the way they did
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Example 1: "Jack and the Beanstalk", Jack goes and stels the Giant's stuff (golden harp, and the hen that lays golden eggs). SO like any normal person the Giant chases after Jack, but Jack deciedes after he climbs down, to chop the beanstalk. The Giant dies, but he was only trying to get the stuff that Jack had stolen. Wher is the justice.
    The giant was holding a fairy prisoner in a cage. Jack freed it and and she mentioned that her harp was taken too. Thats when Jack went to get it.

Example 2: "THe Three Little Pigs", This should be called instead: "The three Selfish Neighbours Who are so Stingy that They kill the Wolf who had a cold and wanted to borrow some sugar" . Okay maybe the wolf had a cold? that could be why he was hufifng and puffing, so he goes to his neighbors, the three pigs, to borrow so sugar and they say "NO!", and then he sneezes. In the end he gets killed, poor guy.
    The wolf didn't want sugar. He was trying to eat the little pigs.

You've been hearing some watered down fairy tales. I do wish they would win sometimes though.

I guess noone thinks about it as much as you

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Fairy??What fairy???? I knew that the harp talked, but never heard about a fairy.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.K
    Also, hansel and gretel - had they not had such a strong fondness for refined sugary foods, things may not have had to happen the way they did
    They were two impoverished kids who only went out into the woods in the first place because their father could no longer provide food for the family and they didn't want everyone to starve to death.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought the bears ate Goldilocks.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan
    I liked that book when I was a kid. Now it kinda creeps me out though.

Its all a big misunderstanding really!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Example 2 is based on an awesome book.

Not sure why it creeps Shlup out, though.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

It's all the pov you use. Yeah, sometimes I think that the protagonists were worse than the antagonists.

my elves scare me.....

Trust No one

Blog Entries

Wolves, Giants, Witches and the like are ALWAYS evil.

The only exception is Viola Gumdrop, the gigantic gingerbread werewolf witch who bakes cookies for little children and then doesn't eat them. (Gingerbread cannot thrive on tender kid flesh).

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.K
    The three bears - prime example. I mean, that girl was lucky those bears responded so leniently - had it been a rougher part of town (er, the country?) she may not have been so lucky.
    I think Goldilocks was portrayed as the villain for this fairy tale. The bears are nice people. They invited me over for some flesh soup.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!