Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having the WORST DAY EVER in this game *sigh*

Default I'm having the WORST DAY EVER in this game *sigh*

I'm playing through the game a second time but I'm getting crapped on in this particular scene. I'm fighting Gizamaluke in the Grotto and things are just getting worse and worse.

1) When I was at the synthesis shop in Lindblum for some reason I didn't buy any items because the father and son there were just complaining about each other. For this reason, I didn't get The Ogre for Zidane and am stuck with a crappy dagger that doesn't do damage worth a darn. I also can't get back into Lindblum! It's closed off. Also annoying is that the safe point was right after leaving Lindblum and my old one is almost 2 hours earlier.

2) I'm only level 8-9. I don't know why. I didn't spend any particular time leveling but I didn't last time either and was about level 12. The exp in the two areas I have access to is pretty crappy as well.

3) When I try to cast 'slow' on Giza it misses...EVERY DAMN TIME! And then Vivi gets silenced. Giza then proceeds to beat the crap out of me seeing as I only get 2 hits on him for every badass attack he has.

What to do...what to do...

You did pick up Quina, right?

Yeah, I did and...

I finally beat the sucker

Vivi, Freya, Quina: dead
    Zidane: 56 HP

Phew. I had to use all my hi-potions. Hopefully I''ll make it through the rest of Burmecia.

you can do it!!!!!!

burmecias cool!!!
    it rains!

Trust No one

Out of curiousity did you use a Tent on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    Out of curiousity did you use a Tent on it?
    On the monster? Is it supposed to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBob42
    Yup it heals in battle for one char i think its really cool, but kinda cheesy. heh

berm is the coolest though i dont remember if you have to vs beatrix cause i remembe vs a boss in there and it was pretty pathetic. i have my simpathies for you for i too know the sting of giza for when i first played the game i had to vs him but icouldnt get close enough to beating him so i just started a new game so that by the time that i reached the caves (the ones righ at the start) i was about lvl 15 or so, so i had an easy time vs whats his face when the time came

--------------------------------------------------- there is much we must find out about ourselves until then we shall destroy

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBob42
    I think useing a tent on it will blind it.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

And poison it I think..

burmecias coolest because(SPOILER)you first see kuja propally!!! man its sooooooooooooooo cool!!! when he flicks his hair!

Trust No one

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

(SPOILER) I luv :<3: how dramatic it is when Kuja takes your team out in the rain and then strolls away. One of my favorite parts in the game.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Make sure to cast Protect, Reflect, and Shell on the bosses and only bosses as much as possible. Protect creates a barrier around the boss, which makes it impossible for him to attack for 3 turns; Shell disables the boss's ability to use spells for 3 turns; and Reflect turns all of his successfully cast spells into curative spells that cure your party and not the boss.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

i heard when u use a tent, a snake (sometimes) comes out and bites the boss, which inflicts numerous status effects on the boss. only heard, never tried.

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

*checks boots after sleeping in tent*

Never thought of using Tents in battle before.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)