Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FireFox

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's been ages since I've used IE (except for work, but that doesn't count) and I don't miss it one little bit. I didn't know about that thing about clicking on the wheel to open a link in a new tab though. Nice little feature.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Does Firefox actually work on a P4? Because it's effing slow on my 566mhz, which is why I say it sucks. Though I must say, I love tabbed browsing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Works great on my old 550MHz. Maybe you should reinstall Windows.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    Works great on my old 550MHz. Maybe you should reinstall Windows.
    exdee

I think I reinstalled windows like 5 times once in a 2 week period...after that I vowed that I wasn't doing it anymore. Plus, I shouldn't have to reinstall my operating system to get a browser to work when there's another that will work fine, even if it lacks all the frills.

I'll just wait till my grant refund arrives and pickup a new PC and see if it actually works on that one.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Windows will happily waste as much RAM and as many CPU cycle as you're willing to throw at it. Maybe you should uninstall Windows.

FFXIV Character

Windows will happily waste as much RAM and as many CPU cycle as you're willing to throw at it. Maybe you should uninstall Windows.
    And install what, may I ask?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    When you click on a link with your mouse wheel it opens a new tab with that link. Very handy, in my opinion.
    What if you don't actually 'click' but rather scroll down a page and have your mouse cursor pass over a link? And if that would open up a new page in a new tab, could you turn that off?

I don't use Firefox but I intend on using it someday when I have IE accidentally destroy my computer. You know, around the time that it's too late and I get all pissed off and you all say "I told you so." So not just yet, but probably someday.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

He'll suggest Linux. =D

Anyway, the wheel mouse click feature is my favorite feature other than the general security of it.

Edit: And BoB, it only opens the new tab if you click the wheel, not scroll. And also, IE is slowly killing your computer anyway. =D
    --It's me!--

With my new Firefox extension, one of many, EVERYTIME i click on a link it opens in a new tab, except my book marks. I love "Disable Targets for Download", " "Tabbrowser Prefernces", and "Adblock", all of which are available on the Extension site.

With AdBlock i will never see any annoying, or unwanted ad EVER AGAIN! and i can block all the ad servers i want! Praise the lord IE was never this good!!!

For themes i recommend Noia, or if u feel cluttered use MicroFox. After 2 months of using Microfox i realize how much wasted space, and how much more webpage i could be viewing.

And Pop-up, what the hell is that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

IE Hast Tons Of Spyware
    Im Usin Firefox At This Very Moment
    And Believe Me
    Its Safer That IE ^__^

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What I find annoying is all the people that refuse to put al ittle time and effort into designing their sites so that they work in firefox (ie, properly)

Heck, I made *SURE* that my site looks better in firefox than IE. and I'm proud of it^_^
    (if only the people that keep yapping about 'omg you don't have colored scrolls! and your iframe scrollzzz!!!' would shut up. read the stupid w3 guidelines, newbs. (although currently it *does* scroll right now, but that's because of an image^_^)

I'm slowly trying to convince my parents to make the switch, but they're been disgruntled about it.

one of these days I'll switch their IE icons to open firefox instead. heh.

if only it didn't have so many issues with bookmarks-_- I'd like to be able to right click them again:P but it'll get fixed eventually^_^

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    What I find annoying is all the people that refuse to put al ittle time and effort into designing their sites so that they work in firefox (ie, properly)

Heck, I made *SURE* that my site looks better in firefox than IE.
    I'm slowly trying to convince my parents to make the switch, but they're been disgruntled about it.

one of these days I'll switch their IE icons to open firefox instead. heh.
    I actually do put the effort into my website so that it's viewable in all browsers. It looks fine in Opera, MSIE, etc. All except Netscape. The slight grudge I have is how the horizontal bar appears, probably due to that popup by Geocities and I have no idea how to fix it.

As for FireFox, it's not really that great. Most of you people should use Slimbrowser. It's a shell for MSIE and it makes tabs for practically everything you do, like when you type a new address into the address bar, a new tab comes up.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What if you don't actually 'click' but rather scroll down a page and have your mouse cursor pass over a link? And if that would open up a new page in a new tab, could you turn that off?
    It only opens automatically if you set it to do that, otherwise you have to push the wheely thingy down.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

[qq=rubah]What I find annoying is all the people that refuse to put al ittle time and effort into designing their sites so that they work in firefox (ie, properly)[/qq]

I only test my site(s) in Firefox.

[qq]I'm slowly trying to convince my parents to make the switch, but they're been disgruntled about it.[/qq]

I installed in on my parents' computer and removed their IE icons and they never noticed and/or cared.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    And install what, may I ask?
    Anything else.

[qq=Dingo Jellybean]It's a shell for MSIE and it makes tabs for practically everything you do, like when you type a new address into the address bar, a new tab comes up.[/qq]

Does it fix IE so it can render CSS properly, and fix all the security holes, and let you use 3rd-party extensions, and themes, and things like mouse gestures and regex-based ad blocking? Lack of tabs is just one of many reasons not to use IE.

Does it fix IE so it can render CSS properly, and fix all the security holes, and let you use 3rd-party extensions, and themes, and things like mouse gestures and regex-based ad blocking? Lack of tabs is just one of many reasons not to use IE.
    It does allow you to import security certificates, at least on my version(it's over a year old). It does allow mouse gestures and regex-based ad blocking. As for CSS, I'm not tech-savvy so I wouldn't know what you mean...but it does display CSS properly for all sites I've seen like www.apple.com But Slimbrowser does allow tabs. I never browse without tabs now.