Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge versus Edgar

Default Edge versus Edgar

Edge (Final Fantasy II/Final Fantasy IV) and Edgar (Final Fantasy III/Final Fantasy VI) are both entertaining characters with lovable personalities that resemble each other. Well, they both have their flirty nature. Which on do YOU prefer? Personally, I think they both rule. I like how Edge shows his emotions and he has funny quotes. His interaction with Rosa and Rydia is very entertaining. It's so funny when Edge flirts with Rydia. Edgar is also cool. I like the one finger thing he does. It's funny when Edgar flirts with Terra. It's also nice how Edgar sacrificed his freedom in the coin flipping scene. Edgar and Edge both have charm and humor.

Both are great, but I found Edgar to be more useful than Edge. Tools > Ninja Magic.

However, if Edge had the knife/spoon, it would be no contest. Edge would win.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Edge seems to die more than Rydia due to a crappy lack of magic defense. Ninja magic wasn't all that useful either. Edgar on the other hand, has a chainsaw!

Blog Entries

Edgar is supreme. He's funnier, better looking, probably smarter, surely richer, and far more unique in fighting style than Edge.
    All Edge has on Edgar is the ability to throw things. And to that I say, "So What?"

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Edgar.

As proof, I offer my lj icon:

chainsaw, baby!

Wow so many Edge haters. Yes Edgar is better with his dialogue, and his weapons. I just like Edge better, because of his Ninja skills. I like to throw stuff, and use Ninja magic thank you very much. Screw Edgar and his tool using ways.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Hmm, tough one. On a tangent I'm going to say Edge, simply because I found him a hell of a lot more funnier than Edgar. I'm a sucker for comedic figures.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Who would I want fighting by my side? Edgar. His tools are teh awesome.
    Who would I want to make sweet love to? Edge. My ideal men are pirates or punks, but ninjas are the next best thing.

And yes, despite the signature, I AM a woman.

Edge en Edgar are both great. Both are princes and rule a kingdom. Both have great attacks. I think they are both great. And both are very strong. Edge is even faster then Cecil, so that's why he's so great. When you level him up correctly he will be a great charachter. Edgar is from the beginning a great charachter. I always choose Edgar as addition to my team. He's great.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Mr.Mage, just because people prefer Edgar over Edge does not necessarily make them Edge haters.

I personally prefer Edgar, though. It's the hair. Golden blonde hair=hawt, in my book. :riiight:

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I personally prefer Edgar, though. It's the hair. Golden blonde hair=hawt, in my book.

I say Edge. why? Ninja Magic looks kool,he can STEAL stuff! (who doesnt like that?) and he can throw stuff. all Edgar has is Tools,tho they r fun,they arent as good as throwing stuff. and Edge is just plain kooler too. Edge>Edgar

Edge loved a certain girl but Edgar was just a playboy.

Man this is a tough choice.

Edge had a major objective. He was outm for revenge, wanted to kick Rubicant's sorry little arse. Had to deal with a lot of tough decisions and situations, and hiis going into rage unlocking more of his nija magic was an awesome event. Plus I always liked those who could use a spoon as a deadly weapon.

Edgar, well he often times was more of a deciever. Hard to trust someone who chagnes their neame, though temporarily, halfway through the game. Though his tools were kick ass, especially the chain saw, and he did have his moments, it just semed that he started out wanting to clear his but from fratenizing with the empire in the first place.

My choice would thusly have to be Edge. Though an ideal character no doubt would be Edge... using Edgar's tools.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Edgar is an invaluable member of my FFVI team. Edge has a nice variety of moves, but I found him to be the most expendable of the FFIV final team. Tools rules.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum