Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Hit Wonders: Predictions

Default One Hit Wonders: Predictions

This thread is basically used to determine which artist is going to be disposable...I.E. forgotten.

I'll list them here:

Switchfoot
    Maroon 5
    Simple Plan
    Bowling For Soup
    Ciara
    Jesse McCartney
    Kanye West
    Franz Ferdinand(sorry Rye)
    Clay Aiken
    Gavin DeGraw
    Black Eyed Peas
    Ryan Cabrera
    The Killers
    Gwen Stefani(maybe...she might stay a few years like Pink and then die off)

That's my list of artists who had hit this past year or so, but will be forgotten like Creed, Train, and Sir Mix-A-Lot. Doesn't mean I hate these groups(though I only like BEPs on this list), it's just who I feel are pretty much 1 and done. Though for now, Toby Lightman might be somewhat one and done, I think she's a rising star. So is Bonnie McKee. You heard it here first.

When Bonnie McKee and Toby Lightman really hit it off, they'll thank me and credit me in their CDs.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 01-04-2005 at 01:57 AM.

i like maroon 5...
    and gwen, no doubt rocked in their old days
    i don't like bowling for soup but they've been around for a while
    only other i've heard of is the black eyed peas...so them!
    wheres the love so cool the first few times but MAN it was overplayed

Trust No one

Other than Gwen Stefani, I think ALL of those listed are going to fade away rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    i like maroon 5...
    and gwen, no doubt rocked in their old days
    i don't like bowling for soup but they've been around for a while
    only other i've heard of is the black eyed peas...so them!
    wheres the love so cool the first few times but MAN it was overplayed
    Well, many artists have been out for years, but it's usually one hit that gets them on for the year. That's what I meant. Gwen Stefani wasn't really popular until this year when she released her album and until What You Waiting For? and Rich Girl hit the radio.

Where Is The Love is a great song, but it's been overplayed too much. But if you ever hear Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved acoustic, cover your ears. The song is absolutely horrible. I can't imagine any of these artists, save for Gwen, to survive a few more years.

natasha bedingfields not going to last.
    no where near to daniels talents!

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    Gwen Stefani wasn't really popular until this year when she released her album and until What You Waiting For? and Rich Girl hit the radio.
    Hi, No Doubt were super popular for years and years. Won Best <i>Pop</i> Video at the MTV Awards even.

I'd hope Hoobastank drop back into semi-popularity, once the stupid girls that made them popular in the first place realize every song of thier's isn't The Reason.

the killers remind me of the police... don't know why.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I disagree with the following:
    Kanye West
    Franz Ferdinand
    Clay Aiken
    Black Eyed Peas
    The Killers

I suspect Clay will have a Kelly Clarkson-like success. Kanye West, man, he's good. I think he'll be able to give away maybe two or more good albums. Franz Ferdinand. >:O Don't be hating them! >:O They're a new group, and they have freaking talent! Black Eyed Peas have been around before. I think they'll do one more album before vanishing. Or something. The Killers, they're also new, and they're very good. They might do a couple more albums.

As for Gwen Stefani. She's alright, but I think she should have stayed with No Doubt.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

The Killers
    Franz Ferninand
    Modest Mouse
    Ashlee Simpson
    Scissor Sisters
    The New Creed
    That guy that does United States of Whatever
    All and any so called "singers" from any Idol series.

Quote Originally Posted by White Raven
    The Killers
    Franz Ferninand
    Modest Mouse
    Ashlee Simpson
    Scissor Sisters
    The New Creed
    That guy that does United States of Whatever
    All and any so called "singers" from any Idol series.
    Man, I forgot about Scissor Sisters and Ashlee Simpson. They are so dead after the Grammys. The only person who has a shot is Kelly Clarkson, Miss Independent, Since You Been Gone, and Breakaway have all been hits. She is in for the long run IMO.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

What the hell? Black Eyed Peas have been around for years. I like them too, and I dunno where you've been. Putting them on a "who's going to be a one hit wonder?" list now would be like putting Britney Spears on one.

Gwen...eh, I'm not sure how long her solo act will go, but I doubt it'll be long...but you never know.

Simple Plan has been around for about 3 years and had alot of played to death songs, so I dunno what you mean by that...

Bowling For Soup has also been around for 2 or 3 years, but have only had 2 or 3 well known songs...I thought for sure they'd disapear right away, but they didn't.

I think Maroon 5 has the potential to stick around for along time, and I think they will.

Clay Akin...Yes, yes definitely. I don't expect to be hearing anything else big by him.

The rest of those...no comment.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    What the hell? Black Eyed Peas have been around for years. I like them too, and I dunno where you've been. Putting them on a "who's going to be a one hit wonder?" list now would be like putting Britney Spears on one.

Gwen...eh, I'm not sure how long her solo act will go, but I doubt it'll be long...but you never know.

Simple Plan has been around for about 3 years and had alot of played to death songs, so I dunno what you mean by that...

Bowling For Soup has also been around for 2 or 3 years, but have only had 2 or 3 well known songs...I thought for sure they'd disapear right away, but they didn't.
    BEPs were never really popular before this year. Sure, they've been around for years, but they never had a top 40 hit until this year. That's why they're there. In fact, other than Lets Get it Started(A slight mod of Lets Get Retarded), none of their songs have made it into the Billboard Top 100. They never had hits prior.

Name me a song more popular than Welcome to My Life by Simple Plan. You can't, because none of their other songs made it into the Billboard Top 100.

A band doesn't have to disappear to be considered a one-hit wonder. Look at Train, they had that huge hit in 2001(Drops of Jupiter) and no one cares about them now. Look at Creed. They had like 3 hits in 2000, they still make music...but no one cares about them now. That's what a one-hit wonder is.

I really don't think the Black Eyed Peas will be a one hit wonder, they are really good in my opinion. Gwen Stefani might, she's been around for so long with No Doubt people might start to get bored with her. I can really see Simple Plan dying out aswell as Ashlee Simpson and Hilary Duff.

I can't see any of the American Idols staying around for too long either.

I can think of at least four well known tracks by the Black Eyed Peas (Where's the Love?, Shut Up, Hey Ya and Let's Get it Started). No offence, but I don't know what you're on about.

Maroon 5 have had several big tracks. This Love, Harder to Breathe and She Will Be Loved

Franz Ferdinand have had at least two reasonably successful follow-up singles.

Gwen Stefani as a solo singer may not last long, but in No Doubt there's no way you can call her a OHW.

Bowling for Soup have had a few well known songs as well, and the Killers have a second single that seems to be getting a bit of airplay.

Dunno about the others, cause I don't know much about them.

Eric Prydz. Now THERE'S a one-hit wonder...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Killers and Franz Ferdinand are NOT one hit wonders. They're awesome. And Ryan had TWO hits.

And I agree completely with the Hoobastank comment. I actually really liked them before their horrible new CD. It's wimpy and it sucks. Crawling in the Dark has to be one of their best songs and it got no recognition, while that "The Reason" crap was played constantly.