Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Carroll and the biggest blunder ever

Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you. What with Liverpool v Man Utd coming up. Pah.
    Dammit, you've found me out!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

I think it was a fair result, the draw. (and not cause i,m a bias Man U fan).

Roy should have SAVED it anyway. It was his second mistake ever, but a very bad one that he will sadly be remembered more then anything for.

And Man U should have had a penalty.

Add the way both teams played, and Spurs winning would have been a cruel result.

We are not down yet though. assuming that every other match for the top three is a win, We just have to Beat Arsenal at Highbury, then win against some random team hoping Chelsea and Arsenal draw again. This will put us a point a head of Arsenal.

Then we beat Chelsea when they travel to Old Trafford, and keep winning and wait for Chelsea to lose to 2 other sides and draw a third because of goal difference (Everton, and Spurs and...Newcastle...bolton... maybe? ) and then we are the Champions! ...

ok, theres about as much chance as me getting a girlfriend ..damn you Chelsea!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

It could happen, you never know!

United always do better at the end of the season, and Chelsea are in for a tough time against Spurs next week.

By the way, there is more chance of West Brom winning the Premiership than me getting a girlfriend!

Roy should have SAVED it anyway. It was his second mistake ever, but a very bad one that he will sadly be remembered more then anything for.
    True, if you only count mistakes events that directly lead to goals. But that's two this season in big games. He does have tendency to flap, Utd need another goalie. I don't see why they don't try and sign Cudicini! A goalkeeper of that quality wasting on Chelsea's bench, surely someone must want him?

It looks like they're getting Antei Niemmi (I know I didn't spell it right).

Apperently Carlo Cudicini could play for England soon, because he has never played for Italy at any level, and he has lived in England for most of his live.

Has anyone else heard this, and do you know if it's true?

I think if you've been in a country for 5 years and have never represented your country of origin at senior level you can play for that country's national team.

There's a Brazilian, (can't think of his name right now.) who now plays for Japan as he had lived there for x amount of years and had never represented Brazil.

His name is Alex Santos.

Has he never played for his country? Interesting. I remember there being some speculation he might play for England.

I think that was Edu. He'd never played for Brazil until 2004.

No it's definitely Santos. Allessandro Santos though not Alex. He plays for Japan despite being born in Brazil.

edit: wait I see what you mean. I wasn't talking about Santos above, I was referring to Cudicini in the second part of the post.

I don't think there's much of an issue anymore though, Paul Robinson would probably get the number 1 jersey insted of Cudincini anyway.

Still it's nice to have some competition. That way we can avoid David Seaman/David James style complacency.

Yeah, suppose so, we relied too much on Seaman.

Even though Robert Green could become a good keeper eventually, and possibly Kirkland.

After that England's options are pretty scary, James...or even Ian Walker...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Carrol's blunder was hilarious :laugh: ! I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that a six year old could have probably caught that ball! And the look on his face as he desperately scoops the ball out from behind the line in the hope that the linesman didn't see it! :laugh:

No wonder Howard is back.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Despite Man U somehow edgeing a win at Liverpool and the defense holding up, i really want Howard back. If he could find his form again he is easily a world class keeper.

But yeah, Cudincini should be bought. Though after Chelsea winning again, i think we should concentrate on just winning the 3 cups.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I've pretty much surrendered the title to Chelsea, even if Man Utd/Arsenal win the rest of their games this season, Chelsea would realistically have to lose 2 games and draw 5 (or lose 3 and draw 2). And the only place I can see Chelsea losing is away to Man Utd later this year.

As for the cups, we've got just as good of chance of winning them then Chelsea, with all this talk of Chelsea going for a quadruple, it would be funny if Man Utd ended up with more trophies!