Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ashlee Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY*
    i feel sorry for her...shes falling fast...and shes oing to be backed up into a wall so early...poor thing!

Am i the only one feeling sympathetic towards her? she does suck but i feel sorry for her though
    I hate pop stars lol if anything I hope they catch every single pop star/boy band doing htis lmao and see them get booed off.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Ashlee should so pull a Vanilla Ice.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    She blamed the mistake on SNL on her band. She giggled and said "Oh, my band started playing the wrong song." she later said that she was lip synching because her voice was tired, and then changed it to acid reflux later.
    Ok...got it.

I don't see how and why she'd be going on tour now and MTV is starting the new season of her show this month, after all this.

Mainstream music has reached a new low when you've been publicly exposed as a fraud and people are still throwing money at you.
    I like Kung-Fu.

As a person, I won't judge her for this one incident, even if she did blame it on the band. And for reference, her dad, not Ashlee, made the excuse of acid-reflux...not her. She's just a good girl using what her daddy told her.

As for her career, she's still doing well. "La la" has been playing on the radio constantly, as well as Shadows and Pieces of Me.

She's not even that pretty either, she's probably borderline ugly if not for all that makeup and dyed hair. But look at BS, she lip-synched and she's still popular, so I doubt this will hurt her career. I did like Pieces of Me, and I still do. But she probably made enough money to support her for the rest of her life. If not, she can probably bum off Nick Lachey...who bums off Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY*
    i feel sorry for her...shes falling fast...and shes oing to be backed up into a wall so early...poor thing!

Am i the only one feeling sympathetic towards her? she does suck but i feel sorry for her though
    I do have some sympathy for her, even if she blamed it on her band. She probably panicked and couldn't get her thoughts straight and just blamed the band. I'm sure she apologized to them...or gave them a hefty amount of keep their mouth shut. But the band doesn't have much of a choice, since bands are a dime a dozen, if they say anything her dad will probably fire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    <font SIZE=1>Addition to the whole SNL accident, now when Ashlee actually tried singing at a football game recently, the whole stadium booed her because she sang off-key. </font>
    I don't think they booed her because of that. Many people don't know how to differentiate a note in singing...or in music in general. They booed her, IMO, because of her lip-syncing fiasco and how she handled it.

She's not the greatest singer, but she should stick to writing her songs. She's not a bad writer, with or without help, and she can be like Michelle Branch or Vanessa Carlton...neither are great singers, but has lyrical talent and composing to back them up.

Anyone who wants to see it can click the link below:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2662083?htv=12

Again, it doesn't take a real music genius to tell that not only were her notes off-key...they were off-base. I don't care if she can't sing octaves, can she even sing a note? One of the most horrible performances ever, too bad ABC panned away from her face after the boos. Not that I would take pleasure in others' misery, but it would have been nice to keep the camera in place.

Lastly, wasn't Gwen Stefani suppose to perform? I guess she feared the same treatment as well. Some reports indicate she had a scheduling conflict(yeah right), but I doubt it. If you have a chance to perform in front of a national audience, I don't see how any artist would turn that down.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 01-07-2005 at 12:26 AM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gwen Stefani is horrible live. It's sad. Half of singers these days cannot sing live for the life.

Gwen Stefani is horrible live. It's sad. Half of singers these days cannot sing live for the life.
    I think the percentage is much greater than that. I would say of all mainstream music, maybe 5% of the artists can actually sing...which is why I like Bonnie McKee and Toby Lightman. I suggest everyone buy their albums, you'll get great lyrics, real singing, and satsifaction.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of the pop singers, the only ones I've heard who sing good live are Christina (obviously, she's amazing) and Jessica Simpson.

Of the pop singers, the only ones I've heard who sing good live are Christina (obviously, she's amazing) and Jessica Simpson.
    CA is almost hip-hop now, at least from her lyrics and who she does her songs with. But Kelly Clarkson is pop also, and she can probably sing better than CA or JS.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, Kelly is great live too. I think it goes CA > KC > JS for me. No one I've heard has a better voice than Christina.

Oh yeah, Kelly is great live too. I think it goes CA > KC > JS for me. No one I've heard has a better voice than Christina.
    You're sexist.

I'm going to give R.Kelly the nod for best live performance. He's just so talented...R&B singers are just...whew, I love their music. His I Believe I can Fly is the best live performance I have ever seen. It's too bad his music has gone down hill.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, I think Chad Kroeger is good live too. I don't like Nickelback, but his voice is very good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    You're sexist.

I'm going to give R.Kelly the nod for best live performance. He's just so talented...R&B singers are just...whew, I love their music. His I Believe I can Fly is the best live performance I have ever seen. It's too bad his music has gone down hill.
    and he lieks to hump little girls and pee on them

EDIT: DINgo since you R. Kelly, BIG, and 2pac right? You may liek the song We will Survive by NaS ft R. Kelly a speaks about BIG and 2Pac in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    and he lieks to hump little girls and pee on them

EDIT: DINgo since you R. Kelly, BIG, and 2pac right? You may liek the song We will Survive by NaS ft R. Kelly a speaks about BIG and 2Pac in it.
    I won't touch R.Kelly's legal troubles...but that doesn't diminish his talent. As for Nas's We Will Survive, yeah...it's like the song Mosh. I like the lyrics, but the song isn't that great.

When he talks of "Thug Life", I thought he meant Bone Thugs n' Harmony. Bone will always be my top rap artists. Their style, it's so unique. I'm probably one of the few people who actually understands what they're saying without reading lyrics.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh. Blaming it on her band, was in my opinion, a real low blow. Just `fess up, jeez, and laugh it off---it would have been better than what she did.

But honestly, I really don't care. I'm worrying about my own life, not some "singer" who made a mistake on live television. It's nothing to get all huffy over, like at the football stadium. :rolleyes2

--Box Box Box Box

Have you ever heard interviews of the Simpson girls or clips where they are just being themselves. Both those girls have an IQ of an acorn.