Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any songs that helped or touched you

Articles
    Blog Entries

3 Libra's-A Perfect Circle (everyone please listen to this song because it is the only thing that has helped me get through high-school and is by far the most well orchestrated song ever.)
    Blind/Hate You-Korn (it kind of speaks for itself)

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Blind Melon - Ever Had The Feeling

One day not so long ago I was a bit depressed and under the weather. I was flicking through the channels on TV when all of a sudden I came across a live orchastrated (sp?) concert performing all the music from the Disney animated movies. Out of curiousity, I decided to watch. Then, "Whole New World" the song from Aladdin came on. My jaw dropped about 25% of the way through the song and by 50%, I could feel hot tears streaming down my face. I hadn't felt this good in ages. All the themes in the song where simultaneously tugging at my heartstrings. Hope, wonder, amazement, happiness, love...

It was as if time had froze, and for the duration of the song, I was in a better place.

Nine inch nails - hurt

placebo - black eyed

elton john - your song

hanson - i will come to you

thes songs helped me through school (thankyou placebo for helping me through my 10 hour photography exam!! that darkroom was so lonely!) and bad break ups

Trust No one

Mary Mary - Still My Child and I got it. They have really helped me when I've been down.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

I don't know that name of the song but the lyrics go
    "Do i ever cross your mind anytime?
    Do you ever wake up reaching out to me?
    Do I ever cross your mind anytime?
    I miss you"
    or something like that
    Well, that song, but only for a moment because that was the day that was the only day I missed my boyfriend since he moved.

3 Doors Down: Away From The Sun: the reasons I can't explain
    and for some reason 1000Words: It reminded me of something that I can't explain
    *sheesh, I need to work on explaining things eh?*
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Superman (its not easy) By Five for fighting
    I start to cry whenever i hear that song...

Unhappy? These are nice.

Smashing Pumpkins- Appels + Oranjes
    Ash- Someday
    Audioslave- Shadow On The Sun

However, if you've just fallen out of love then you can't go wrong with:

Smashing Pumpkins- Mayonaise

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Blog Entries

Daniel Banglefield - If u're not the one
    Evanescence - Hello
    Marron 5 - Must get out
    Blue - Breath Easy

I'd say
    Muse-Citizen Erased
    Muse-Hyper Chondriac music
    Muse-Unintended
    Muse-Sunburn
    Lol i'm a bit of a muse freak eh!
    Muse-Blackout
    Metallica-Fade to black

Anything by ABBA-you can't be stressed out when your listening to ABBA. It's just not possible. Great at exam time.
    :laugh: that's the cutest thing i've heard in a while
    i reckon it's more often that not true

for me, there are countless of songs and i can't come up with a list from the top of my head...but i know one though - "Jerk" by Kim Stockwood. Makes you get over the guy quicker if you sing it with enough conviction
    Last edited by illuminated; 01-15-2005 at 06:58 AM.
    Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.

Henry Miller

i got the verve greatest hits thingy...listening to "the drugs don't work"
    i was bawling like a baby

Trust No one

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Bodies (Drowning Pool) - Teaches about anger and violence and fills me with determination. (God knows why a song by a dead man boosts my survival instincs.) I agree with Crazy the Clown about Step Up, to a lesser degree.

Sober / Schism (Tool) - Schism gives me chills. It reminds me of how one can numb oneself, to coldly fight impossible battles. Sober... it's got the best beat I've ever heard--all you rap fans out there, listen to this beat, even though it's rock. It gives you this sense of impending doom.

The Sword Of Doubt (FF9 soundtrack) - It reminds me (oddly enough) of a fight you cannot win, but you fight anyhow. One of the few FF9 tracks that I really like.

Invincible (Static-X) - Eerily reminiscent of my life, especially the past year or so. Assures me that I will always survive; that no matter how tough things get, I will endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Evanescence - Hello (this song made me nearly cry once, since it's so sad. It's about Amy Lee's deceased sister)
    Are you perhaps thinking of "My Immortal"? I'm pretty sure Hello was about insanity, though maybe I'm interpreting it wrong... Haven't heard either song in a while.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaLimit
    Are you perhaps thinking of "My Immortal"? I'm pretty sure Hello was about insanity, though maybe I'm interpreting it wrong... Haven't heard either song in a while.
    My Immortal was probably more open to interpretation than Hello.

Hello was related to her sister, by the lyrics "...She's not breathing..." Trust me, Rye would know Evanescence more than anyone. I still think My Immortal was a sadder song though.

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    My Immortal was probably more open to interpretation than Hello.

Hello was related to her sister, by the lyrics "...She's not breathing..." Trust me, Rye would know Evanescence more than anyone. I still think My Immortal was a sadder song though.
    Agreed. I never could pin down the exact meanings of either song, though up until now I thought I was close. Not to doubt you, Rye, but everybody mixes up a song title now and then.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)